What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CTSV

God...You guys and your RooRs...

RoorHead: Go back to the page that has four open "address lines". There should be a browse button, on the far right side of the bar. Click on it, and find your way to the "My Pictures" section of your documents. Once you have selected the four pics you want to upload. Click the up load button. It will take a while to upload depending on when you are doing it. I have about 500 pics uploaded, and that is in my NEW album, that doesn't include my old album. The best time to do it is early in the AM. Otherwise it may take longer. Once uploaded, you get a chance to name your photos.

As for my UNEDUCATED/CONSUMER opinion. Toob has posted the nicest looking RooRs I have seen. As long as the Chinese don't fuck up and poison the glass, like they do with dog food and baby formula.

C

CTSV

Weed Star Mesiah double perc, should make it's landing this week! Molino pre cooler, g-spot ash catcher...You guys can't handle my BALLER glass. LOL!

Roor Head or Mr. Tony or Pac A Bowl or anyone that knows... How can I turn my Jerome Baker into a GONG. I want to get a RooR diffuser for it, and a nice pre cooler.

Got my money together for my RooR...
picture.php

chicalyx

CT..you can either send it to a blower for a 'real' conversion for bout $50,, or your local headshop may have a conversion kit, which still has a grommet around the GonG downtube, but it'll give ya anicer seal and you can use GonG bowls.

Tony..you sure about your no transparent colors manufactured in the US statement? Where is Northstar glass manufactured?

And even if it is china glass, still looks killer..I'm with CTSV,, just hope it doesn't leak lead and radioactive isotopes during a hit :yoinks: and it's all good.

Toob, that is a supppper nice tube collections, they are US. Dammmnn I love that greenlabel bentneck..

pack a bowl

ohhhh people and their roors, something i will never 100% truely understand. ^^ give me the one with the yellow slide / the one on the right and toss the rest out. lol ctsv there is honalee glass that repairs broken gong joints on roors and shit, but since JBDs actually have colors it could be risky to do the switch

Toob

for the record ive dropped that 8 mm flamepolished on hard floor from standing and didnt even make a scratch, its taken a few other hard falls as well, some strong glasssss. RooR head that was a fair response. I could be misinformed considering i am taking word of a shopowner, still riding the fence on whether those 3 are german or US (leaning towrds all US) as the guy always was trying to explain to me that RooR germany only cares about money and you can get em to make you lots of things with the right connections and cash. Anyways, i have no problem saying i have 6 us roors then that i absolutely love haha. I wouldnt reccommend a toro for same reason you said. Shop i just bought my fro from had toros, and said like 3 out of 10 they ordered were broken on arrival. im def not pissed RH. lol the prices at lalaland are good, try gettin a 3.5 ft beaker botttom roor bistabil with a custom roor bowl and roor diffy for 300 bux online. and since i obviously dont care about german vs american by my passsion for Fro peices, why would i get angry if i found out they were US? I can still smoke the weed i grow out of it and its more than effective. fair argument rh you have some legitamate claims particularly the bent neck, its only thing out of ordinary i see at laland. ive smoked from roor my buddies have ordered from everyonedoesit but never felt like payin that tax for bongs that hit the same as ones i got from lalaland. so regardlesss of if mine are german ive hit ze germans haha and there alllll awsome.

thanks for the kind words ctsv taken me a while to get this collection together haha

FunkeeNuggz514

My Vapes!!!

My Vapes!!!

Hey what's up everyone!! I am new to IC Mag and I am proud to jump right in to the conversation!! This looks like a good thread to start my IC Mag career!!
I am 25 from Indiana and I love Vaporizers!! I got 3, a natural goods and 2 Vapir, the Mini and the 5.0. I love the Mini but hate the 5.0, so I didn't even give it any love. But what really needs to be shown some love is the Natural Goods Digital Vaporizer. This is one mean machine my friends. I bought it off eBay and it was a good choice.

mail

chicalyx

lol @ CTSV. you didn't provide your a/s/l in your first post??

Toob...what guy said about roor DE shop is partly true. it's not that they only care about money though, it's that they're stubborn germans who hold that classic german obsession w/craftsmanship and engineering. They truly believe they crafted the 'perfect' smoking bong (and in a way they have) and so are very reluctant to add on anything such as percs or bents, which they may view as diminishing the fine engineering of their product. Only in last few years they started putting any serious colorwork in any of their tubes, and that's what you need the connects and big money to get...a custom from DE shop has much nicer sections than anything on EDIT...still can't touch US colorwork though. Oh,, and reason I brought up the color first place, is that's an example of a deviation they're willing to make for the right money, but far as I know, they have a strict no bentneck, no perc policy.

IMO, germans are PARTLY right, in that I don't like anything more than a single tree perc in my tube. Would love to rip a fixed d-stem million arm tree toro sometime, but don't think the added filtration would do it for me.

phewww this cindy BHO has me zoooooomin!,, hope that lil DE primer is comprehensible.

Toro is a great company, and is run/started by the best scientific/tube artist out there BAR NONE (cept maybe hamm). Problem is, in the last year they've fallen under roor US syndrome, which is trying to keep up with a literally endless demand for their product. This means they have to hire more employees who may not have the skills and/or care that was originally put into the tubes,, along with less stringent quality control due to sheer volume. Still a great company, and they've pushed the perc scene further than anyone, but unless JP himself was blowing my tube, duno if I could justify dropping that kinda dough.

And oh yeah Toob, most likely 7mm. Don't think there's 8s,, they did very limited run of 9s I believe, but doubt it was one of those. 7 is still crazzy thick,, all mine are 5 and they've taken quite a beating with nothing to show for it.

Toob

yeah i dunno my flamepolished def is a little thicker than the 7mm lime green bent neck i have but they could be same i dont really care haha you said it right chicalyx, 5 mm roors are strong enough. I dunno if my flamepolished is from the limited run of 9s but it may be, the flamepolished cost more than any others in the pictures due to its thickness including the bent neck lime green. the lime green is definately 7mm and i can visibly tell difference between thickness of that and my flamepolished i really have no idea if the flamepolished is 8 mm or 9 mm and could care less in terms of bong functionality, but itd be cool to know exact specs.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
lol @ CTSV. you didn't provide your a/s/l in your first post??

Toob...what guy said about roor DE shop is partly true. it's not that they only care about money though, it's that they're stubborn germans who hold that classic german obsession w/craftsmanship and engineering. They truly believe they crafted the 'perfect' smoking bong (and in a way they have) and so are very reluctant to add on anything such as percs or bents, which they may view as diminishing the fine engineering of their product. Only in last few years they started putting any serious colorwork in any of their tubes, and that's what you need the connects and big money to get...a custom from DE shop has much nicer sections than anything on EDIT...still can't touch US colorwork though. Oh,, and reason I brought up the color first place, is that's an example of a deviation they're willing to make for the right money, but far as I know, they have a strict no bentneck, no perc policy.

Thank you.

IMO, germans are PARTLY right, in that I don't like anything more than a single tree perc in my tube. Would love to rip a fixed d-stem million arm tree toro sometime, but don't think the added filtration would do it for me.

I tried to get a fixed stem but the cost turned me off especially when they use china glass.

phewww this cindy BHO has me zoooooomin!,, hope that lil DE primer is comprehensible.

Toro is a great company, and is run/started by the best scientific/tube artist out there BAR NONE (cept maybe hamm). Problem is, in the last year they've fallen under roor US syndrome, which is trying to keep up with a literally endless demand for their product. This means they have to hire more employees who may not have the skills and/or care that was originally put into the tubes,, along with less stringent quality control due to sheer volume. Still a great company, and they've pushed the perc scene further than anyone, but unless JP himself was blowing my tube, duno if I could justify dropping that kinda dough.

Their customs for V.I.P. toke city members are real nice but most of which that end up in a store have some pretty bad joint placements, way to high up.

And oh yeah Toob, most likely 7mm. Don't think there's 8s,, they did very limited run of 9s I believe, but doubt it was one of those. 7 is still crazzy thick,, all mine are 5 and they've taken quite a beating with nothing to show for it.

roor us uses 3.3,5,7,9mm thick tubing, if it was 9mm it would be a crown label.

ya dig

Toob

k tony thanks for clearin that up. Got rest of my clones tonight so ima finally start a new perpetual growlog, finished with my time here gotta get back to whats most important. :smoweed: out of whatever you want everybody and post it for ic to see.

RooR HeaD

Yo cts u have a original jerome baker bro now thats a boing im down with man thats prolly the oly usa made bong i would buy with out even thinkin about it im all about the original jeromes i hate the new one but the real jerome bakers r sick! you r lucky if u have a true jerome and yo man if its a origianl jerome baker man dont even mess with haveing a blower touch it not worth the risk. please if its a original post pic. i love jeromes i cant belive u have not mentioned that this whole time now i got a lil more respect 4 u if u truely have a orginal jbd they r sick! hey man if u r happy with your roors usa then thats all that matters its a nice tube man if i didnt have th emoney i have i would buy a usa roor to. and about the toros thats fucked up man im def not getting a toro now thats a 100% for sure. thanks for this info u saved me 700 bucks.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
and about the toros thats fucked up man im def not getting a toro now thats a 100% for sure. thanks for this info u saved me 700 bucks.

??

k tony thanks for clearin that up. Got rest of my clones tonight so ima finally start a new perpetual growlog, finished with my time here gotta get back to whats most important. :smoweed: out of whatever you want everybody and post it for ic to see.

I'm trying to piss on anyone's parade just trying to get correct information out there.

C

CTSV

Ill take a pic today. The down tube is broken though.

As for new or old, It's 10 years old...So I am not sure what category it is in. Has a "JBD" logo on the neck. I am updating my diary today, so I will upload some pics of her.

i love jeromes i cant belive u have not mentioned that this whole time now i got a lil more respect 4 u if u truely have a orginal jbd they r sick!

I did mention it, a few pages back. Twice. This is the last of five I have owned. 2 of them were "Motherships". My JBDs are the reason, I don't buy ultra-expensive bongs anymore. Some douche always breaks it...Although, I rarely smoke with anybody anymore, and those were the wild times...

So, what is the general consensus on this piece. Production? I have had it for 11 years, and paid 100+ bucks for it when I got it. I have always liked the work on it, and was told it was "inside-out"...
51923DSCN2166.JPG

C

CTSV

New or Old JBD Mothership.

New or Old JBD Mothership.

Post Ashcroft Mothership. Is this considered new or old?

This is not my JBD, but I might pick this one up...
3456865-l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.