What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20k ina 6kw BOSS Blocks: Part 2

G

gdawg

danang 20 you are the ****in man bro. your shit is lookin so good ima have to check into that phosoload stuff. and your turnaround is killa. thats what kills me and i need to get my ass in gear. what do you think you'll max out with on ppms? cuz i'm with vino, i kinda try to follow ya nute stregnths. no outdoor for me this year, not till this drought has been over for a couple of years. the old man is gonna try it again and been gettin pumps and rezs for a irrrigation deal similar to backcountrys'. i'm still pretty disgusted from the last 2 outdoor runs so i'm like, good luck with that. but the place we've done it for the past 2 years is beautiful and you would love it 20. borders a national forest and hundreds of thousands of acres of rolling hills and creeks. if we would get back into the rainy ass summers we used to have i would consider livin in a popup over there for the summer and goin all out. but my body is beginnin to get a lil too beat up and before too long that won't be an option. weel back to work holla

20kw dreams

Thanx Bluefish, stick around. Hopefully things will be blowing up real nice here soon, trichomes and all. I'll get a new camera eventually...maybe by consumermass.

I promise I won't go more then...day 40... without a camera. You guys have to hold me to it though? Deal? I mean PM's on day 39! My wife is leaving town around day 36, so I might get board and have to hit the camera shop without telling her:D Canon Rebel boy., Canon ****in Rebel.

dude, don' tfollow my ppm's. I am surprised I am this high, and it looks like I have to be this high. We'll see after a few days at 1600. I went this high before though. I think it might be partly because I'm not using all the additives this time around. I ran that Molasses for a week, then changed out the rez, and I vacuumed out the rez, so I'm not going to but the Molasses back in for another week or so. Really it's only because I want the rez to stay clean for at least a week:smile: I did throw some "bud xl" in the rez though when I changed it. I had the stuff sitting around, and it smells like fruit punch. I had to throw SOMETHING in there other then just base nutes.

dude, I don't want to be in no fockin forrests to grow my shit! I want to be inna backyard, with plumbing and electricity..lol...All I did this summer was put them on soaker hose, and dig in organic ferts under the line every 2-4 weeks. We gave them a foliar every week too. They were crazy nice growing! IT was hot as **** and sunny all day every day...they were going to be SOOOOOO NICE!!! BASTARD PIGS!!!
Cali is where it's at though bro:smoke: hell, your moving anyways, right? It's just a few thousand more miles!

:endrant:

Dude, turnaround is where it's at. I think I was 60 days or something from 12/12 to the next 12/12. That's flat out 6 runs/year. If I can get my yields up, I'll be in the pro turf for sure. I should here too. I think I always underestimated the value of low humidity and proper CO2. They're going to get nice and ripe this time around too, no BS budrot...I hope anyways... not with those 45-50% humidity readings. I must have been running 60% or so before I was closing up the room, and I did get budrot, but it was always right at the end, so I should be fine where I'm at, with CO2 to boot.

I

In Vino Veritas

Well I thought you were only 2 weeks in, I flipped a week after you and it was on the 1st. Those PPMs aren't that high, i've been bouncing between 1600 and 2000 and I have no run-off. Just enough to wet them daily (32oz each). I know these genetics eat hard because everyone complains about Lucas being too strong and if I don't bump it up by 25% I get yellow the second week. That's in rock wool though.. Heh..no faith in base nutes? Must add SOMETHING.. Speaking of add, I found an extra bottle of Oct 21st T-Harz..heh..I'ma give it to the babies now when I water..

Since I'm hand watering I'm mixing 15 gallons at a time, and it's 48 hours of feed. Molasses is ****ing gross after a day in my res...I pressure hose it all though every other day. PPM's have been averaging 1600 and pH is steady at 6.0 sometimes 6.2.. I haven't checked my run off since like I transplanted them...they look good so I see no reason to..

I'm thinking of building a feed manifold to handle them now as they finish their stretch.. In a week or two I won't be able to move around in there without getting all sticky and stinky..

At the rate you're going 20 I'm going to buy you a camera come my harvest..heh..I want to see some hksk shots, Neptune has me very interested since he responded to you with his rating..

We ain't got no outdoor season, unless you like moldy buds.. heh.. it's 12/12 all year man..

You aren't kidding about turn around.. even with 5 a year I'd be a happy ass mofo.. make this little 2k closet worth it you know? Next season...need to figure out my veg situation..right now they are pretty much in stasis with the setup their in..which sucks cause I want new cuts for next run.. I got 25 of the crush cuts almost rooted too.. Heh.. we're 10 days in and I'm already getting backed up..

edit: I wanted to make note this is probably one of my messiest posts.. hehe..I wont make any changes though..im on the bbq as we speak..anyone up for some shishkabobs?

Last edited:
G

gdawg

20 ya mad props on the turnaround, 6 a year is freakin bangin bro! i do 4 at best, got 2 runs out of this place in 6 months. dude backyard gardenin(the real kind) is a dream for me wiht the water and electricity access, but i would still get nervous wiht the rippers and rogue leo's. the ol man is workin on the water and power deal, but it will take a few years to tune it in. hear that ol timer, have patience! 20 that canon rebel is ****in an awesome camera, but did you check out the pink dora explorer one i was tellin ya about a few weeks ago.....ha just f-in wiht ya bro! the one i want is the one you see the kids usin to make the skate vids and shit, and i think its a canon. i'm bout to order a couple more galaxy ballasts, silverstars and a bigger fan to cool em, ya'll ****ers done made me have to step my game up a lil. and vino when ya plan on buildin the nft system, next run? hate to sound like a copycat but i'm thinkin of goin that way myself bro so keep me posted and thanx for earlieer answers. and dude, "where all the cool kids go"!!! your a funny ass mofo!! peace bros back to my trim madness. so far it looks like i will hit the 4 to 4 1/2 spot is that ok for 2800k? i'm pleased but saw much room for improvements.

Germanator

6 crops a year is a good goal 20. With no time spent on repairs or *upgrades* as I like to call them, you should be able to pull it off. If you start running all the same strain it would be easier done...but what is the fun in that right? I myself have been trying to get new genetics in the garden at least 2wice a year, though it does not always turn out for the best, I feel like I've learned more from the variety.

Oh, and if you are looking for something cool to do this summer. I have this idea of building chest high mini greenhouses along the side of my property up against the house...thinking of an outdoor SCROG in each mini house...should be an adventure. I'll be taking off for home for about a month, so the indoor will be shut down, but luckily I have a friend or 2 who would tend to my outdoor project...

Good luck in your garden.

Germ

Ohh and from the sounds of SR-71 if you do have a Serious keeper Pheno it is almost surely the Cherry pheno...very nice.

Last edited:

20kw dreams

Some people don't like that AK though, band alot of people bitch about it being TOO HEADY? But a head high that ****s with people. It's a favorite of my patients though. Just gotta prune her right. It think you could find an AK with all the positive attributes of mine, but with a more indica structure if you sifted through a grip of seeds. I do like the bouquet though. I'm WAY more into the candy type bouquet. Take that 818 or any Kush type with that lemony-fuely bouquet. That's just not me. People kill for that shit, but I would take that AK over any Kush. Blueberry's too, like that Blue Moonshine, that is my crack right there. I've actually mistaken that AK for the Blue Moonshine before, when I was pulling branches out of my trim-tub. mmmmm

That greenhouse sounds pretty slick, but I'm down for trying to grow the biggest plants I possibly can, like ****in 15 footers! If I don't have to use a ladder, it ain't worth it! lol...no, but outdoor for me will just be a hobby, nothing serious, so if I can find a place, I may just try to do some outdoor hydro in 55 gal drums each or something crazy like that...we'll see, there's lots of time

And IVV, you gotta find you a hardcore jungle sativa! I know there have gotta be strains out there that will produce when rained on pretty much every day.

G, that's 1&1/2 per light bro, and great. People round IC like to toot about 1g/watt, but realistically I 've talked to a hell of alot of people that grow, and over 1lb per light is pretty much good. 2lbs per light is everything perfect, including genetics and personal experience with those genetics, perfect pruning, etc.

That molasses shat screw my rez up, buy then it simmers down after a few days of burb-a-lin away, and the pH stays steady, so **** it. I'll throw it in here in a few days and just let it burble for a week or so.

And if I get 6 crops in a year, I would shit myself, probably literally...I'd have a sphincter hernia...if that's possible. Something has to go terribly wrong in a year. It's a nice thought though. I'm running on my third though, all 60 days between I think, maybe 65 on the first one. I think this run should finish at 7 weeks though, since they are all 8 week finishers or under and I used the Phosphoload. That gives me 10 days to clean and modify the room while the little ones are vegging out a bit. That's how I always do it though; I clean up the room that I can while other plants may be finishing. Like the sour D I pulled, then cleaned up those tables and started vegging the clones while the Critical Mass was finishing, then once the CM was finished I cut them, cleaned the tables, then like 4 days later the room was back into 12/12.

You know why I've been here more the last few days? I've got a 10 page paper due tonight...but I get sick of that shit and waste my time here....lol....good for nothing but wasting my time you guys:D

I

In Vino Veritas

G, dude that's an awesome harvest. 20 is on point..

20, About the AK, you mean the high is too trippy? The kind you feel at the fingers n shit, all on edge? I like strong pot..indica or sativa, I like to be put out.

I wish I had another blueberry to compare my crush to. These guys are stinkers, smells very damn fruity. Some have a more citrus hint, others a more musky berry. I already know the moms that are my favorites.. What is cool is that about half of em have the musky smell, the other half have the citrus smell..different smells, but still similar.. The rest kind of fall in between and are sorta bushy/wide.. The ones I'm talking about are all along the edges.. xmas tree shape, top heavy cola.. I hope they don't hermie..I'd like to keep a mom or two..

I have a lot to play with now, so my focus is setting up a decent veg spot.. then the next step is my 10 pipe nft - 6.5' long..4" pvc 2" apart, 5' wide that's two pipes per foot..2 cuts per square foot.. :D I have a small closet in the same area where the grow is.. I can't really use it as a closet cause of all the shit I got going on in the area...so it might just get converted real soon..

I think you would get 1/g per watt if you would veg longer, but that's the pay off.. Less wasted time, more harvests.. If you do the math, you're getting under a g/watt but you're end of year total is higher than the guys who veg only cutting down 2-3 a year even if they hit one g/watt... if that made sense. I've opted for less veg, more harvests..

20kw dreams said:
You know why I've been here more the last few days? I've got a 10 page paper due tonight...but I get sick of that shit and waste my time here....lol....good for nothing but wasting my time you guys:D

That ain't a joke! I feel you bro, sometimes I just sift through threads...like the SR71 thread, Ive read it like 7 times.. hah..

at the same time you two dudes rock..ive really enjoyed blowing steam off here with you guys..

any finished 818 shots around?

G

gdawg

20 yo i hope ya don't ever get that sphincter hernia when ya do pull that 6th run. that shit made my butt hurt just readin it :laughing: that number jsut don't sound right but i'll have a final tally tomorrow night. i did veg for a couple weeks and the babys were already nice when they went in there. man now i'm sweatin cuz i don't think i could of pulled that number :puppydoge the run before that(no internet :bashhead: ) i only pulled 2 and a half but it was mid summer hot as hell, no co2, and every **** up on my part you could think i did. :spank: 20 ya i think i may of warned vino bout that molasses gettin rank after a couple days. and that film it leaves in the rez like a tanker spill and nobody calls the coasties heh. thats why i use i seperate rubbermaid just for it. bro that camera i was talkin bout aint but 30 bucks man, me and vino ain't gonna tease ya, i think it even prints like some dora stickers :pointlaug we just want some pics! it started when ya cracked on me for the orange pics 20 :biglaugh: vino ima bout to look over in the dirt and see what ya up to bro, then its back to work, shit gotta brew some joe. :smoke:

Germanator

haha well then just 5 a year for your sphincter's sake!

The second grow I ever did was all AK-47. I can still remember how secretive I was about the harvest and how I almost shat myself when I realized that the whole street reeked when I would open a window during a trim session! That shit is pungent...I remember a couple people almost "whiting out" on it too...so I can see how some would complain about it being too much of a head screw. I love it though...and I love my Kush.

15 footers in my area would not fly! I guess that’s where the stoner ingenuity comes into play.

Germ

20kw dreams

Did the smilies escape or what G? No wonder you only got 2.5 lbs last run, you prob smoked the other 2 before while you were trimmin it.

**** it, I could prbably afford a new sphincter if I kicked off 6 a year! yeah, I think if you are THAT good, you can pull off 6 crops and hit close to 2lbs per light. If you veg them seperate, they transplant good, high yielding strain, etc, etc you can do it. I think people just generally underestimate turnaround, but at the same time, if your pullin 5 crops a year, you want to take a couple weeks off between crops. I would like to see everything eventually remotely operated. PH, EC, water levels, rez changes, cameras, envir controls, EVERYTHING. Then I'll drive through with a trimpro on wheels every 2 months, mow that shit like grass:D

No finished 818. I don't really take too many budshots if you didn't notice. You gotta get it out of the bag, then set it up, then **** with the camera to get e good pick, assuming you have a dececnt camera, which I never do... Once the bud is down, it's over for me. I like growing, not buds. Contrary to most people, I know, but that's just me. I mean, I like admiring my work, but I can't stand and stare at a room full of buds for hours on end, you know? That bud will sit there and look pretty until it's done, but plant you gotta catch before they turn into something else..like big moldy donkey dicks..lol...

Yeah, I would ask the peeps over on the SR-71 thread about the AK, cause I don't really smoke all too much. I prefer mexi, actually:D sounds crazy, but it's true.

I just sent out my paper, and it is a big fat official F. probably a 6/15. I just didn't have the time, or the heart to pull an all nighter. It's an online class, and it was due at 8am. It's only the 2nd draft though, I got a 9/10 on the first rough, and I'll just have to bust ass to pull it off. My mother-in-law is coming tomorrow,

And I'm down for the molasses in the rez dude. try it out G, let it go through the funk stage, and it calms down after a few days. You gotta let it run it's course, you know?

Dude, when I get the commercial space, I'm growing 15 footers in the backyard of my apartment, I'll tell you what.

And that kush shit, that 818, my buddy, who has been smokin...alot...for a long time...smoked some of that shit...and he was like...cough..cough..OH..cough..SHIT...cough...Ahhh...cough..
.cough....****...cough...cough....whew....cough... he never did that to the AK, but the AK smoke is jsut smoother then the kush smoke.

I

In Vino Veritas

Are both of you oxygenating your res? I just let the water sit there since its only for a day and half.. Maybe a cup or two from the old batch remains in the new batch. I'm getting like a foot smell, or stale/stagnant water smell. It's not the actual water, but the condensation on my res walls (its a 35gal).. Well I've only done two res changes with molasses, started on day 8 or 9 and that's when the funny smell in the res came up..

I walked in there today and it was pretty funky with the plant smells, lots of earthy tones.. One of them is worrying me, she is huge but stays wet much longer than the rest. I mean if she was a woman and not a plant it would be lovely... I just need to stay on top of her watering, need to check her so I don't over water.. I also trimmed down everything but the tops of the two I have in 1gal pots, see how they do. I'll be doing a lot of that come next run.. I'm getting antsy, want to be trimming already..still have like 6-8 weeks left hehe.. Ohh..you were talking about pH staying level.. my shit shot up to 7.2.. I didn't bother with the pH down - I just gave it to em like that. I'm about to run some plain water through em in the next few days before I start bumpin' em up..7.2 lets see what the **** happens..

20, I'm a little offended to hear you don't smoke much, and when you do you rather the swag..very ironic. :p Bro, if you can afford a new sphincter, you can afford a new camera.. With how much G is busting your chops I bet you end up pulling some Little Tykes/Fisher Price camera out...hah.. Man a little bud shot here and there is nice, reminders of what once was.. What's the paper about?

Hah hah.. If you don't cough, you don't get off..

20kw dreams

Dude! Why are you ****in around? 7.2? that's just asking for probs. Soilless mixes should be 5.2 to 6.2 or so, **** over 7 is ****in crazy bro, your not in soil. Don't overwater them gals either dude. Lift 'em bud, make sure they are nice and dry or close to it. Heavy hands kill plants.

LMFAO! I've always been doin once a week pic, and prob always will. The wait is worth it. Once I get my Rebel, and a nice FAT Macro lenz, I'll probably be taking more pics. I'm sure the color balance and software that comes with the Rebel is much nicer then the olympus shit I have now too. I'll be able to get those ****in trichome shots. Unlike you guys, I have a life, which doesn't always include going into the room at 7pm , turning off the lights, taking pictures, turning the lights back on, loading the pic onto the computer, editing them, uploading them to IC, then posting them up. That shit takes like an hour. I'll tell you what, why don't you send me some disposable cameras, and I'll mail them to ya! Honestly, I think that would be less bullshit:D

AND WHY THE HELL ARE THEY EDITING MY CUSS WORDS!!! DAMN IT Not that I haven't noticed it before, it just pisses me off.

Anyways, hell no I don't burble my rez. That shit MAKES YOUR PH ALL WAK! LOL seriously, it does. And probably makes that molasses funk worse. Even burbled stuff eventually will settle back down as far as ph, the microbes just need to balance out.

I was reading last night about esters and carboxylic acids and shit in the chemistry text. It's the one chapter we don't cover in this class, cause I think you go over it in depth in organic chem. Anyways, I''m going to read that shit next week when I'm done. What I was getting, is it's basically the carbon in the sugars which are heavily required for production of the esters and what not.

I'll post more on that shit later, after I read that stuff. The reason I was so interested, is because I think the yeasts are breaking down the sugars when it burbles and all that, like brewin beer, if you guys have ever done that. So I was wondering if you may not want the yeast to break down the sugars into alchohol and CO2. But I also know the Yeast protein hydroslate is one of the additives in the bloom boosters, which is just amino acids I thing(broken down proteins), so maybe the yeast is good. I'm sure they're not eating all the sugars up THAT fast.

All righ, time to take the mornning shit

Later, mother in law should be here for a couple weeks in an hour...

I

In Vino Veritas

Ahh the lashings, they hurt! Heh.. The whole run Ive been at 6.0, sometimes 5.8 if I get a little crazy with the pH down. I didn't notice last second watering, but this one I decided to check since its the second run with the molasses.. I thought it would be stable *ahem* cause thats what I read :p heheh..never believe what you read right???... back on topic, ive been clowning all day..this may be the second watering at this pH. With two 6.0 in between. I don't think they will take it too bad? :\ Bad vibes..even if they turn out alright, I shouldn't of been lazy.

What kinda beer you like man? I'm going to make a Hoegarrden clone soon...maybe mid Jan. Drinks on me, if your thirsty.. Ive seen them stank bud light cans laying around your spot.. Friends don't let friends drink crap. :p

Speaking of life, it's calling right now..nagging bitch.

Good luck with the visit! Heh..

Last edited:
As far as yeast making alcohol goes... I know alcohol will stunt paper white bulbs if you treat them with it correctly early on, but it would be substantially more alcohol than the molasses in your res could generate...

I

In Vino Veritas

CarharttKidd said:
As far as yeast making alcohol goes... I know alcohol will stunt paper white bulbs if you treat them with it correctly early on, but it would be substantially more alcohol than the molasses in your res could generate...

Second time this week I hear about booze in the water. I heard whiskey stops the stretch..

let me ask you guys a question.. anyone have any ideas for pump fed vertical setups? anything really.. You know me and my lack of a life.. :p Ive been sketching out a vertical nft, 5x 5' tubes per wall. 24" from the roof, 24" from the flood, 24" walkway in the middle.. 4" tubes.. 5 cuts per tube.. I was thinking each is fed by two 1/4" lines on the left side-as high as possible, and 1" drain on the righta few cm above as low as possible.. level pipes..what size pump would you guys suggest? I would need something quiet..and I want it to be turbulent..

blah just wanted to share that..see if you guys had some feedback..

/over n out

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to jack your thread, 20kW!

Connoisseur and a few other AN products have some kind of alcohol in'em. Probably just more smoke and mirrors from the masters of marketing over at AN.

As far as vert tubes go you need a big flippin pump. BIG big. It's all about lift @ 5-6 feet. I have a 1800 gph that'll barely do the job. Stick with the smaller diameter feed lines, it'll make the pressure more stable. SoQuick had his mothership in old CAGE tubes (about 4") after he rejiggered the feedlines to the outside (1/2 or 1/4") with drip for each site.

Good luck and run your nutrient lower than ever! Buildup on the bottom sites in vertical is a biiiiiyotch!

Peace, Love & Coco

20kw dreams

I like any beer that I deem good. Really creamy thick stouts and porters are my favorite, but I'm not too into the mud-butt, so I'll drink pale-ales more often, and supplement with maybe a 22 of something darker. I made a chocolate/molassas russian imperial stout a couple years ago that was bomb, with like a 12-13% alchohol content. That was the dank, but it kicked your ass too quick. I don't like lagers, wheat, belgium, or Mexican corn beers in general, but even they can have their moments. Totally depends on the individual beer. You ever had one of those Morlyns Triple Hopped IPA? That shit is whack, its so bitter it tastes like your drinkin poison. Gives a super happy buzz though. I drink alot of bud-light for hangovers sake, if I've got something to do the next day or something, but generally stick with pale-ales and amber ales.

Wife doesn't like me brewing though, cause I end up drinking every night, and tend to start buying exotic, expensive ass beer when I brew.

Don't blame me on your fluctuation bra! Your using tap, so you've got bi-carbonates in there to make your ph rise. I've used the same exact nutrient regime 2 x in a row, and had fluctuations one time, and not the next, so I don't know WTF.

Your trying to feed 20 1/4" lines, but you don't even need to. Go with 2 1/8" lines. You'll only need to run 20 of those, which are about 12gph or so, so figure 300g at a 5' lift. If you need submersible for the noise, you'll want to cycle the pump 1 min on, 5-10 min off so you don't heat up the rez too much. That, or go in-line, which is noisier, but you could build a littel soundproof box. The sides of the boxes have a gph/lift chart on the side, so just go by the highest lift you have and you'll be sure to end up with a pump that is strong enough.

No worries humble 1, this is a community forum, and I'm not too anal 'bout my threads. I don't even know why you think you jacked it though.

This thread was basically designed for people to BS. They think there may be some actual grow pics coming:D

I went to go look at the camera yesterday. It's freakin nice. I was looking at a Rebel EOS XT, which was the amateur to intermediate Rebel without all the bells and whistles that make the higher end camera's more expensive. It was still $500 + Macro lens, so no joke. 10 MP with a macro lenz! Thats going to take some crazy ass pictures. Prob was that the guy at this place I went to yesterday, which was a little mom and pop professional camera store, had a speech impediment. I didn't really feel like I could make sure I was getting the right camera from the guy, cause I couldn't understand WTF he was saying.

So, I'm going to go pick it up today though, but I gotta go to a different store. My wife wants to make sure she can use it like a normal point-and-shoot, so I need to do more learning about this thing.

20kw dreams

Oh, shit. I've got a new camera. Digital Rebel XT. No Macro Lens though, they were out of stock. It's 10 Mega Pixel though, so I should be able to crop down pretty small, and the Macro is way better then that Olympus anyways.

I just got it, so I'm going to go mess around with it right now, then I gotta go to class, then I'll come back and fire off a few shots.

Latest posts

Latest posts