What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Herb in Maine.

p0opstlnksal0t

Is there even a blackmarket in maine? There's maybe 1.5 mil people in the whole state. Is the market there flooded? With the way the laws are there a caregiver could have 6 flowering plants per card and with 5 cards a total of 30 flowering plants, 12 veg plants per card and unlimited seedlings. Any good grower could make some serious money off of this. It must not have the market there to support such notions. Houses there with acreage are super cheap, there's not much for jobs or economy there it just seems like everyone there would be growing pot.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
^You ever experience a winter where overnight the temperature drops another 15 degrees, yet you don't even notice the change because the day before was so fucking cold that the temperature drop isn't even noticable?

p0opstlnksal0t

No sir. In fact where I'm at its the opposite... unbearably hot and humid. So is the cold the thing keeping growers from heading up there becoming caregivers? I could see the cold as a good thing especially if a 10-20kw grow is helping keep your house warm lol

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Living in the northeast during winter is no joke. Not only is it colder than most people can fathom (and I seriously mean that), but they also get BURIED in snow. Like I'm talking you-better-have-food-for-two-weeks-cause-you-ain't-going-nowhere-any-time-soon snow.

p0opstlnksal0t

Is anyone pulling 3-4lbs off a single plant up there? From what I've read it's basically impossible for plants to get that big up there

Mukind

I saw a 40 acre lot asking for 98k with power lines and 2 massive garages. With an office space you could turn into a residence.

It was really close to the NE Canadian border though

If they had laws similar criminal penalties to Cali, I'd take a shot out there doing it big.

Cost of living is a bit high, but I can't imagine there are any LEO per capita up there.

III%

Maine is an interesting state, I was watching en episode of backwoods law one time before it went legal, and the EPO's stumbled up the remnants of a weed grow, they could care less they were more concerred about a deer that was poached.

BlackBart

Veteran
You can grow good weed up here in Maine in the summer but not amazing weed .
THe problem is that the sun and heat just gets lower and lower when your plants begin to flower which is Aug 1st and as a result of that you usually will get leafy bud.

That is why indoor bud looks so much better because of light intensity .....not necessarily taste better then outdoor but better in most cases .

KONY

Veteran
You can grow good weed up here in Maine in the summer but not amazing weed .
THe problem is that the sun and heat just gets lower and lower when your plants begin to flower which is Aug 1st and as a result of that you usually will get leafy bud.

That is why indoor bud looks so much better because of light intensity .....not necessarily taste better then outdoor but better in most cases .

Gotta cover them in the fall.

D

Dioni

South facing slopes help a lot and a quick finishing strain will get the job done. I use to harvest some stout colas from the 1st week of September to about the 20th. Anything else was a bonus if the weather held out!

SMS65

I saw a 40 acre lot asking for 98k with power lines and 2 massive garages. With an office space you could turn into a residence.

It was really close to the NE Canadian border though

If they had laws similar criminal penalties to Cali, I'd take a shot out there doing it big.

Cost of living is a bit high, but I can't imagine there are any LEO per capita up there.

Just be careful with the power company walking around to do maintenance and cut trees.

Far north near Canada is a different world. I used to have a cabin up there, we would drink water from the lake and hang out on a boat. Cops wouldn't bother anyone, I never evem saw a cop driving around, only 2-3 times at the coffee shop. This was 8 years ago.

Mukind

Just be careful with the power company walking around to do maintenance and cut trees.

Far north near Canada is a different world. I used to have a cabin up there, we would drink water from the lake and hang out on a boat. Cops wouldn't bother anyone, I never evem saw a cop driving around, only 2-3 times at the coffee shop. This was 8 years ago.

The major flaw to this spot was the buildings were very close to the highway/road that was there.

Garages set less than 100 yards back from the road.

But a similar property in cali would cost me 3x so it was tempting.

BlackBart

Veteran
I have had good luck with doc Greenthumbs Iranian haze and Cali kush seeds Deadhead OG They finished with nice flower to leaf ratio

Attachments

• Picture 129.jpg
    Picture 129.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 40
  • _ESB3221.jpg
    _ESB3221.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 40

SMS65

The major flaw to this spot was the buildings were very close to the highway/road that was there.

Garages set less than 100 yards back from the road.

But a similar property in cali would cost me 3x so it was tempting.

I see.

Take a look in Northern NH. There are some cabins around in the middle of nowhere and around lakes.

Also, Western MA, West of Springfield is not too expensive. Even in between Springfield and Worcester is not too expensive if you are a few miles off the highway.

Western MA is a different world from Boston.

Mukind

I see.

Take a look in Northern NH. There are some cabins around in the middle of nowhere and around lakes.

Also, Western MA, West of Springfield is not too expensive. Even in between Springfield and Worcester is not too expensive if you are a few miles off the highway.

Western MA is a different world from Boston.

I have taken a look at western mass, looks like a very nice place to live. Not to mention most homes are cable internet ready even in the sticks. And from what I've read/seen anecdotally looks like abject poverty isn't much of a problem out there relative to rural areas in my home state or Maine.

Vermont looks gorgeous too, i've been keeping my eye out for recreational news. Too bad they have a republican governor who has come out against it.

https://www.merryjane.com/news/vermont-bill-aims-recreational-cannabis-legalization

NH is looking like they're going to have to legalize, grandmas going to be crossing state lines with 8ers. Considering their libertarian streak home growing protections could be very strong there.

SMS65

I have taken a look at western mass, looks like a very nice place to live. Not to mention most homes are cable internet ready even in the sticks. And from what I've read/seen anecdotally looks like abject poverty isn't much of a problem out there relative to rural areas in my home state or Maine.

Vermont looks gorgeous too, i've been keeping my eye out for recreational news. Too bad they have a republican governor who has come out against it.

https://www.merryjane.com/news/vermont-bill-aims-recreational-cannabis-legalization

NH is looking like they're going to have to legalize, grandmas going to be crossing state lines with 8ers. Considering their libertarian streak home growing protections could be very strong there.

Outside of Boston and RI, most of New England is beautiful and a great place to live. Sorry to anyone from RI. :)

MurdaMishou

MOB is always a great producer outside. Finishes early and very resilient. Ran a few in 60 gals a few seasons back. Pulled 27 ounces off one plant once she was all said and done

p0opstlnksal0t

Does anyone know if the question 1 recreational law that passed allows 6 flowering plants per adult in a single residence? Let's say 6 plants for me, 6 plants for myself, 6 plants for sister living there and 6 plants for her husband?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Does anyone know if the question 1 recreational law that passed allows 6 flowering plants per adult in a single residence? Let's say 6 plants for me, 6 plants for myself, 6 plants for sister living there and 6 plants for her husband?

I have to say I don't know, but I'm also under the impression that nobody's going to check lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts