What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Herb in Maine.

bluebublelove

We'll, I've lately been thinking about becoming legit and moving to a state with a good medical program. Maine seems like a nice place to live and not only that but they have a pretty solid mmj law.

Anyone live there or know anything about growing there.

I imagine Maine is not the mecca for growers unlike California so I wonder if it is harder to get a recomendation from a doctor there.

anyone with any informaton would be greatly appreciated.

-blue on the east coast

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
if there laws are anything like california then your as safe as if you didnt even have a recomendation. the rec. is only to get into dispensaries, it does NOTHING for your personal protection from the law.

bluebublelove

I don't understand your reasoning....even in california it is illegal to grow herb without med. permission. its still a felony and at the least a fat fine. i'm lookin for a place to grow my herb free of scrutiny....I understand in cali as a med patient you are able to have a limited number of plants as wells as dried bud and it is similar in maine. I don't really understand what you are saying. I would have personal protection from the law, at least the state leo.

Bob Labla

DIGITALHIPPY said:
if there laws are anything like california then your as safe as if you didnt even have a recomendation. the rec. is only to get into dispensaries, it does NOTHING for your personal protection from the law.

that doesn't make any sense. if it did nothing for your protection from the law; the dispensaries wouldn't even exist, or there were would just be cop cars sitting outside of them waiting to arrest people exiting. perhaps your confusing federal law with state. the feds are probably not gonna be too interested in a med patient growing for personal use.

Burt

Veteran
i'd travel to maine first if i was you-welfared rednecks everywhere-with foreclosed farms and no real economy-unless you count the blueberry season-toxic rain from the paper plants is still a hyge problem
woud i live there?-sure but then again scott nearing is my hero

Stinkymutt

Living in Maine

Living in Maine

Wellllll , No it is not likely to get a medical card in maine. The doctors have been threatened by feds with loss of practice and audits if they issue one. 100 plants or less a misdeamenor! Not hardly they will stick you with "intent to distribute" and will most likely get jail time jsut less than other places. The economy sucks very bad and road blocks have become a real problem (as I found out personaly last weekend) Possesion of a "usable amount" is a $550 fine first offense. The growing here is great but have to grow Indicas or indoors.
Peace out
Mutt

G

DIGITALHIPPY said:

Not true, it's going to help you out when your stopped by CHP with a couple of pounds.

johnnyboy

You know why digital hippy said some crazy shit ?

his username says it all, he is not like old hippies, he is now digital, so its like if hes crazy

cheers

my uncle lived in maine, now in arizona, so, hmm, maine has the coast and all, its pretty, it seemed nice in portland, but now you people are saying its economy sucks, hmm, and i was on the verge of going crazy when i read the 100 p mis-ts d

but now more adds up, big fines, mean police, and your like damn woman

ill stay in the good old cacanada

------------------

btw MR GREen

nice avatar hahah , dont panic!!!!!!!!!!!! its organic!

Last edited:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Mr.GreenGenes said:
Not true, it's going to help you out when your stopped by CHP with a couple of pounds.

man thats where u guys are wrong
i dont know if any of you actualy live in cali.
but go ahead, have an 1/8th get pulled over, show the pig the rec, and watch what happens, they still treat you like a'hardened criminal' take ur stash write u a tix and tell you to be a good boy next time. and when you go to court. guess what, "we dont recognize that law" ...says the pig-loving judge. even with my NORML lawyer (http://www.glewkimlaw.com/ ) that 1/8 still gets you a drug diversion class, and a illigal fine (500 when state law says max is 100$) . ive yet to find a cop who 'goes along' with my story of the rec.
best bet, dont get caught.
im with you, but now the courts are trying to uphold federal law in there 'state court' its gettin ugly.

Last edited:
G

DIGITALHIPPY said:
man thats where u guys are wrong
i dont know if any of you actualy live in cali.
but go ahead, have an 1/8th get pulled over, show the pig the rec, and watch what happens, they still treat you like a'hardened criminal' take ur stash write u a tix and tell you to be a good boy next time. and when you go to court. guess what, "we dont recognize that law" ...says the pig-loving judge. even with my NORML lawyer (http://www.glewkimlaw.com/ ) that 1/8 still gets you a drug diversion class, and a illigal fine (500 when state law says max is 100$) . ive yet to find a cop who 'goes along' with my story of the rec.
best bet, dont get caught.
im with you, but now the courts are trying to uphold federal law in there 'state court' its gettin ugly.

I've had run in's with 2 CHP and one city officer that saw my rec and let me go on my merry way. 1 time with 1/2 ounce, 1 time with half pound, and another with 2 pounds. Guess you just didn't luck out, maybe it's where you live? if your in Socal I guess it might be worse down there. But not getting caught is a better then thinking they will go along with your rec.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Mr.GreenGenes said:
I've had run in's with 2 CHP and one city officer that saw my rec and let me go on my merry way. 1 time with 1/2 ounce, 1 time with half pound, and another with 2 pounds. Guess you just didn't luck out, maybe it's where you live? if your in Socal I guess it might be worse down there. But not getting caught is a better then thinking they will go along with your rec.
boy howdy.
SOCAL sux. (law wise) pigs r selfproclamed judges and juries(in there own minds) ive got some ACLU complains against irvine what has no probs violating 4th amendment rights (search and seasure) there chief even authorized it based on my resistance. that fact i had nothing was what made me so resistant...
but there no reason for them to ticket us. some choose to actively ignore the sb420/prop215(cal. laws) and some who choose to allow them. (props to them!)
a LA sherrif in hollywood once was waiting in the parking lot(front of dispensary)... he told me 'i know where you just got and that your about to drive home.... but i wanted you to know, that that lot (points) is unsafe at night in this area...."

even in non mj friendly state everything is up to the discretion of the leo/cop/pig/5-0 so they can let you go if the situation is right.
CHP recently said theys be leaniant on 215... i ahd a very good chp not take my bag or bubbler, and even gave me a nice break on the ticket he wrote me..

then again if were not speeding/breaking other laws with herb in the car maybe we wont have that problem. :smoweed:

Last edited:
bluebublelove said:
I imagine Maine is not the mecca for growers unlike California so I wonder if it is harder to get a recomendation from a doctor there.

Well. With the ice storms and all the rain, ya got to do what ya got to do. There is lots of pot consumed in Maine :D

The issue in moving to any other state for medMJ freedom is what you do in your daily life.

Are you moving to maine to grow herb in the garden each summer and maybe a few in the closet while you continue to have a career in your chosen profession? Main is depressed in most industry. Tourism is by far tops for annual income.

There are lots of considerations.

Maine is a great state to visit. It is a vacation paradise. Lobster, quaint villages, the Haaaahbaaaah (harbor) and other quintessential New England attributes... but are you in the lumber industry? Lobster fisherman? Hathaway outlet store clerk?

There are strong family values in Maine... that is a reason to move there.

It is a beautiful place to be (ohmmmmmmm), and a place worth discovery... and if you can grow your own... that is another positive aspect.

It is all about intent and realities of life.

Good Luck

EDIT: Just read the Main Med MJ Act... Come to California if you want real med freedom.

Last edited:

Amber Trich

Medical marijuana is pretty much a joke in Maine.

Its a good place to grow because everyone does it and few get in trouble. People are open about their drug use.

We have never seen a road block. The underground drug economy is strong and supports a lot of poeple, mostly rednecks.

We were in Hawaii growing legally for THC Ministry and we decided to move back to Maine because of the more relaxed atmosphere. Between cops and rippers our crop is way safer in the Maine woods than it was in Hawaii.

DickAnubis

One advantage to Maine is the Native American population. If you get friendly and they allow you to grow on their land it almost never gets noticed.
The economy is weak and relies on tourism where applicable and horrible wasteful industries that can't quite operate other places.

It is beautiful though.

PEACE

G

Maine does have pretty lenient laws.First offense w/ 100 plants or less is generally a 700 dollar fine.HOWEVER don't let them find any guns near the grow,(doesn't matter if they're registered and you're an avid hunter) they automatically jump the charge up to trafficking etc. I have a lot of friends in maine that supplement their incomes with outdoor crops.I feel this contributes to the states leniency cuz so many peeps are already on state.

Stinkymutt

Just went to court a week ago in Maine

Just went to court a week ago in Maine

I was stopped in a road block the last week of May. It was a fish and game road block and they were "checking fish" ! I showed my fish and noticed a warden was in the front of my truck , I questioned it and told them they had nothing to look for in the front. The jerk backs off the truck throws his nose in the air and said " I smell Marijuana " and started ripping shit out. (there was nothing to smell as it was in a jar sealed up)Well i was carrying a generous supply of shrooms a small amount of buds (1/2 oz ? )and digital scales . I also had a .22 cal pistol in a back pack not loaded , I was cuffed and "detained" for 3 hrs waiting for DEA agent to show up. I talked really sweet and cinvinced them the scales and baggies were for weighing my dose as its hard to fish a brook with a mason jar in my pocket. Any way I ended pleaing guilty to two possesion charges and ended up paying $1040 in fines. But I was pegged and I know it. They are lenient on 1st offense here but dont get caught a second ! The fines are getting steeper , but not as bad as other places I guess? And yes I was a total dumbass for having what I had with me!!!!!!!!!

mutt

Keighan

J.s. i collect rain water with a ph of 7.1 and a ppm as low as 15....not much acidic nasty rain water dgaf if anything the papermills are foreclosed. Not many farms get shut down up here...