What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ole creeper's out of the closet

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Summer

Summer

IMG_4536.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The above plant in front is a spring flowered plant that re-vegged back to veg stage. The spring flowers were too thin and not worth taking in Spring so I let her reveg. and will get Fall flowers from her that will be fat.

Cantharellus

That is looking nice. Outdoor adventures are always something to look back on fondly. I can remember the exact spot that I planted my very first seed over 40 years ago this spring. Make some memories out there my man !

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
broken freak

broken freak

This plant has grown so very fast and produced so much weight that a strong wind busted the main stem. I tried to fix it but, nothing I did, could save it and the next visit I had to whack it off. She only had side branches left growing and a main stem exposed to the hot sun. I put hay mulch over the stalk stub to shade it from the scorching heat. This plant should have been grown indoors only with a 45 or 60 day veg max. My outdoor veg time is 180 days and more than this plant can take.

IMG_4639.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hay mulch is good for keeping moisture in the ground longer. The bad thing about using mulch, is the hay keeps rain water from hitting the ground. A passing Summer shower with an inch of rain will be blocked by the hay. When I remove the mulch after a rain, the mulch is wet, but the ground is dry. Once I start my mulching, I have to water by hand because the rain can't penetrate the 12 or 14 inches needed. When I see a big rain event coming, I try to sneak out to the plots at dawn and remove the hay and then return the next day and cover with mulch, but that's hard to do. Almost Impossible! When using mulch, a good watering in normal weather will last 12 to 14 days.

rod58

man ! that;s some nice looking ground ya got there !
what;s your average rainfall you have there ?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Between 18" to 36" a year, it all depends on the year. I have had 5 year droughts with hardly any rain and a single rainy year with 61". This is a rainy Summer because of El Niño and this year I had rain in the creek longer than usual.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I wasted a lot of time and space trying to grow a plant that doesn't belong here. The only reason I kept it was because I had plenty of water in the creek. I learn this every time I plant a indoor seed outdoors.
IMG_1121.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts