What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba D-Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba (fems)

Stdane

I really like the lush green color, you've done a very fine job Schmavis by raising these youngster and VerdantGreen by making the beans.....looking forward to see how they carry on. A little guessing contest perhaps...then I'm guessing that the one at the right front on the last pic is one pheno, and the four rest is another.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
very photogenic little plants! they have that 'fine' leaf quality that i love to see.
Could be two phenos, 1&5 being one and 2,3,4 being the other... but obviously that's impotent speculation as it's much too early to say!

Perhaps too early to say, but speculation is fun! I don’t want to associate it with impotence. :bigeye:

They are some good-looking plants - great job, VG!

Could you please elaborate on ‘fine’ leaf quality? Serrations? Coloring? I could see the two tall ones as one pheno, and the others as another like you say... plan to do a little rubbing on them tomorrow... and see how my fingers smell. :biggrin:

I really like the lush green color, you've done a very fine job Schmavis by raising these youngster and VerdantGreen by making the beans.....looking forward to see how they carry on. A little guessing contest perhaps...then I'm guessing that the one at the right front on the last pic is one pheno, and the four rest is another.

Thanks Stdane for the kind words! Hmmm... that’s #3 right front in the last pic... Interesting you say this as she was bigger than #4 a week ago, but was surpassed a week later. She definitely has a different (darker) coloring and serrations than the rest... a prediction with merit, even this early on. Happy to have you following along.

(And, great avatar & sig! :tiphat:)

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks friend!

The girls have taken nicely to their new pots and seem relatively happy under the VIPARSPECTRA. Only one of the five, #3, is ready for a first drink one week after transplant. Tonight they will be put into another tent under the QB. I will give them a few days to adjust at around 300w output and then go 18/6 for the rest of veg dialing the light up slowly to full power by the time they're ready to flower.

View Image View Image View Image

See y'all next Sunday!

Fit looking ladies these will be on my to do list great job Shmavis:tiphat: nice work .

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Overdue update:

Overdue update:

Thanks DARKSIDER!

A couple fumbles... left the girls too close to the light and found burnt tips. :rolleyes: Moved into the other tent under the HLG 550 and they were drinking like crazy and were very quick to root the 1g pots. I pushed them much longer than I should’ve and they told me so by looking at them. (Maybe a little stress testing isn’t such a bad thing though.) Last Wednesday they were potted up into #5 containers and two cuts from each taken. All five had nice looking root balls. New growth is looking good and they seem to have settled into the new containers. I will be flipping them tonight. I added dolomite to my soil mix for extra calmag... so I am surprised to see the Chem D trait of variegation on one of the newer growth leaves of #4. I would've thought there'd be enough in the fresh mix but looks like I will have to supplement waterings.

Root ball at transplant:

picture.php

Cuts:

picture.php

Group at flip:

picture.php

Left to right from the back: 5, 1, 3, 2, & 4 upfront. Burnt tips can be seen on #2.

Variegation #4:

picture.php

Not a great pic of it but I think it can be seen. Will be interesting to see how much they stretch. Now the real fun begins!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool, its always good to get the hiccups out of the way in veg! they have time to forget about it then lol.
looking pretty good anyway.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Day 6 from flip:

Day 6 from flip:

what nice white roots you have

Thanks. I was happy to see each had nice white healthy root balls at transplant.

cool, its always good to get the hiccups out of the way in veg! they have time to forget about it then lol.
looking pretty good anyway.

Yeah, hopefully the hiccups are over... first run under this light didn’t go so well but I think I identified the problem so this run should be much better.

I had wanted to get some profile pics of each up today so that we could all speculate :biggrin: but something has come up and I am not sure if I will be back before lights out. I did grab a couple quick group shots at lights on though - they look relatively happy. 3 of the 5, as of now, are much more to my liking than the other 2. Both cuts from #4 were first to root and as of yesterday the only other to root was one of the cuts of #3. Will check the rest later.

Group:

picture.php
picture.php

From the back: 1, 2 to the right, 3 to the left, 4 front left, 5 front right.

Happy Sunday!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Day 8:

Day 8:

Today I grabbed some better pics of #1 & #3. Very branchy. But good looking plants.

picture.php
picture.php

These two are the most similar, which is why I grouped them together instead of #2 with #1.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks fellas!

Getting some profile pics of the others up today because I am not sure if I will be able to Sunday. They are coming along nicely. The three to follow are all much less branchy. I think my early speculation that #2 was a Chem leaner is most likely way off base, lol. I won't be able to finish these to pick the best before I need to pick one to go outdoors here in the next few weeks... as of now I am thinking either #2 or #5...

#5 & #4, day 9:

picture.php

So far only #4 has shown variegation and only on a leaf or two.

picture.php

#2, day 9:

picture.php
picture.php

Happy Growing!

Greenthumber

Looking beautiful as always! They’ve definitely done some shooting up since my last check in. It will
Be interesting to see the variations between the few phenos! Would be nice to see that Bubba structure with some nice gassy chem d stench rolling through :dance013:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Day 12:

Day 12:

Thanks guys for the great vibes! :smoke out:

They have me excited. #5 was an early standout and continues to draw my eye. Pretty sure a cut from her will go outside here in a few weeks. Love opening the tent every morning to see the gains that are coming daily. They are starting to knot up now.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

:party:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow i must have missed the last update, they are looking fantastic. amazingly big leaves and good structure.
And now it gets even more exciting! somehow they look more than just the sum of their parts which has got to be a good sign.
VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
wow i must have missed the last update, they are looking fantastic. amazingly big leaves and good structure.
And now it gets even more exciting! somehow they look more than just the sum of their parts which has got to be a good sign.
VG

Thanks VG! I agree, got to be a good sign. I am seeing a need to diagnose a possible deficiency or Ph problem with #1 & #3 however. The two branchy ones. Might just be a need for more food since they seem more like the C4DD plants than the other three. And I found C4DD to be somewhat heavy feeders. Hope to square it away soon.

Im late but im here with my bong.
Looking superb shmavis

Plenty of room for late arrivals, especially the bong-carrying type! :biggrin:

Day 19:

picture.php
picture.php

Holiday weekend next weekend so I doubt I will get a chance to update, if not will be back the following weekend.

Great weekend to all!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Give more magnesium and that discoloration will fade. That's typical of chem genetics in general.

dank.Frank

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks, Frank! Guess I really need to up it then. I added dolomite to my mix. I don't usually but thought it would help. Maybe I didn't add enough. Have also been adding Sweet at 5-7ml per gallon. Will up the mag next watering and hope they green up.

Latest posts

Latest posts