What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much vacuum do you use with a Buchner funnel?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I am thinking that a hand pump might be more suitable for this application. I know I would have to keep pumping to maintain the vacuum but we are only processing 10 to 20ml so it shouldn't take long.

How about one of those brake bleeder kits. Cheap. Decent gauge to see the pressure.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Excellent idea. I have to check out the feasibility where I live. Water is very expensive here. About $0.15 a CF. If the faucet has to run for an hour, that's about 10 bucks. LOL My toilet flap got stuck once and it was late night before I got home and noticed it. My water bill was almost $400 that month. :(

I think I saw a recycling water aspirator. I could make that with a simple submersible pump dumping back onto itself.

I saw cheapo plastic aspirators for 20 bucks and nice glass ones for over $100. Is there a difference in performance. Same principle applies to both.

Thanks again.

bloyd

Veteran
A cheap metal or nalgene aspirator would provide plenty of vacuum for a small Buchner like you posted.
What are you trying to filter through the Buchner?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Thanks. I'll see what's available.

The first thing through the funnel will be Everclear and rosin mix.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Latest posts