What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm prolly gonna use my soil mix and big containers on some plants and the others I'm gonna spread around here and there in smaller 5-10 gal containers and maybe put some into the ground.....I'm gonna mix it up and try some different size containers and also straight plant in the ground...I have a bad foot and can't venture to far from home maybe 2 mile....wish I still had a atv I could put 100s of plants out

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Thanks. Sativas are more time consuming to harvest for me. You should see how interspersed the Honduran Trash was when I saw it growing on the island. I'd take a pass on it, but it's the best high I've ever had. Ever see the movie "Limitless"? Well, that's pretty close to the effect it has on me. Not a stone, it was a crystal clear and clean high, lets me filter our all the noise, not fucked up at all, and energising as hell, and not so strong (10% thc? Typical for a landrace I think). I'm a lightweight and can get a great buzz smelling a plant and one good toke can get me ripped. But I smoked half a joint, when diving on the reef wall and tried to catch fish with my hands while I was feeding them (fuckers wouldn't let me go on the shark dive because I'm not certified yet. lol).

Thanks for sharing! I smoked a bowl similar to that about a week ago for the first time and you just gave me the missing piece to a theory i had on it! Ive been reading alot into landrace varieties preparing for my deep dive into breeding low-average thc and high medicinal value F1 hybrids. I learned about THCV which is found almost exclusively in african sativas, its described as a stimulating/energizing high. Then i found this bit of information after seeing this and looking into the Honduran landraces.

Source: aceseeds.com Honduran Landrace Description
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/hondurasstd.html

Honduras' growing structure, flowering time, flower distribution and overall appearance are reminiscent of the old long flowering and high yielding lowland colombians. On the other hand, the effect and terpenes are closer to the old mexican sativas of clean, happy and positive effects. The effect has a stimulant component similar to the most exciting and nervous african sativas.

Except african sativas can also be high ~20% thc as well which can dirty the effect of the crystal clear high with more of the pshycoactive rush/paranoia inducing affect.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm prolly gonna use my soil mix and big containers on some plants and the others I'm gonna spread around here and there in smaller 5-10 gal containers and maybe put some into the ground.....I'm gonna mix it up and try some different size containers and also straight plant in the ground...I have a bad foot and can't venture to far from home maybe 2 mile....wish I still had a atv I could put 100s of plants out
I have a few special projects for a few plants that are going into pots. I don't think depth matters over 2 feet, but width does. These are close to home. And I mean close. I won't walk more than a mile. The days of me hauling shit a couple miles into the bush for 5 plants are over. I broke my back when I was 28 and the only thing that takes the pain away is pot. Opioids just fuck up my whole system while only dulling the pain. So I'm always high when I go out. lol

havn't seen a human in 50 years? damn no wonder your so cheery :p

lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks for sharing! I smoked a bowl similar to that about a week ago for the first time and you just gave me the missing piece to a theory i had on it! Ive been reading alot into landrace varieties preparing for my deep dive into breeding low-average thc and high medicinal value F1 hybrids. I learned about THCV which is found almost exclusively in african sativas, its described as a stimulating/energizing high. Then i found this bit of information after seeing this and looking into the Honduran landraces.

Source: aceseeds.com Honduran Landrace Description
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/hondurasstd.html

Good info! Thanks!

These seeds come from an island off the mainland where I'm told the imported Jamaican (that everyone wants) won't grow. So I'm pretty sure they haven't been crossed. The locals throw the seeds on the ground and step on them and they grow. But they call it Trash and only smoke it when the import isn't available.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Ticks get really bad down south. Carry Lyme's disease and all sorts of shit. I have this special tool specifically for removing ticks. A buddy and I were fishing back in the tall grass and woods and were completely covered in them when we got back to camp. Freaking nightmare.

Tell me about it... I have personally been guerilla growing now for 16 going on 17 years. I had contracted Lyme Disease from a deer tick 5 years ago. It ain't fun, it should be taken very seriously. I feel it everyday, I never seeked medical attention when I had that bite, I remember it clearly. Had the classic bullseye rash and all and never went to seek medical attention. Now I will be paying for it my whole life with cycles of doxycycline and at times immense pain quiet often. It doesn't stop me from doing what I love though, there is always a price to pay for love.

You fellars be careful out in the bush!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
The older I get, the less I "alarm". Other than the 4/5 dog/coyotes who stalked me last year, I haven't seen anything dangerous around me in 50 years.

This reminds me of the time (2 years ago) when my friend and I were fishing strip mine ponds in the middle of the night and were walking up from a ravine in waist high grass when we heard a coyote howling about 100 feet away. Shortly after we heard 1 on each side of us and some behind us and knew they pretty much had us outflanked. To make things better the whole area was surrounded by electric fence to keep the cattle out and there was only one way out through a gate at the top of the valley. Had us scared shitless until we hopped the gate and got onto the road.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I have a few special projects for a few plants that are going into pots. I don't think depth matters over 2 feet, but width does. These are close to home. And I mean close. I won't walk more than a mile. The days of me hauling shit a couple miles into the bush for 5 plants are over. I broke my back when I was 28 and the only thing that takes the pain away is pot. Opioids just fuck up my whole system while only dulling the pain. So I'm always high when I go out. lol

lol

Yea I've been scouting these Mtns close to my house and I've got some great places very close that I can get 5-10 good size plants hide away....but my other stuff I'm prolly gonna put 5gal buckets here and there and maybe some into the ground. I'm coming to the conclusion while I'm in the Mtns if I can't see my house it's gonna be hard to carry water and stuff up these Mtns. When I was 34 I got in a serious car wreck and nearly lost my life I almost lost my leg too and it's real hard to go far into the Mtns ....plus I wreck a atv and fractured my neck in 3 places and hurt my back so I'm really gonna have trouble if I don't stay close to home growing. Hopefully everybody can have a good outdoor season but I'm definatly gonna use different size container and just see how it goes:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yea I've been scouting these Mtns close to my house and I've got some great places very close that I can get 5-10 good size plants hide away....but my other stuff I'm prolly gonna put 5gal buckets here and there and maybe some into the ground. I'm coming to the conclusion while I'm in the Mtns if I can't see my house it's gonna be hard to carry water and stuff up these Mtns. When I was 34 I got in a serious car wreck and nearly lost my life I almost lost my leg too and it's real hard to go far into the Mtns ....plus I wreck a atv and fractured my neck in 3 places and hurt my back so I'm really gonna have trouble if I don't stay close to home growing. Hopefully everybody can have a good outdoor season but I'm definatly gonna use different size container and just see how it goes:tiphat:
Those injuries just keep piling up. We adjust and keep growing. lol

The upside to growing close to home is that you can go out with a camera, take pictures of mushrooms, strange branches, bugs, birds and you're legitimately just out for a walk.

Maple_Flail

@ibechillin Man that is rough!

I don't have any experience with that sort of crippling pain. I've got stomach and esophagus muscle spasms that get quite painful but i don't think it is anywhere near the level of pain you are dealing with.

I've helped out a patient with peripheral neuropathy and dystonia, again i don't think they pain was quite on your level either.

What works for me, works for her but everything that works for her doesn't work for me.

Things that have work for both: THC(22+%)+very low cbd(1.25%>) + very low CBN(0.9%>) + MASSIVE amounts of b-pinene and b-caryophyllene in indica dominant hybrid varieties my go to is a cross between ghost train haze and a pink kush.

Topicals and medicated bath salts and bath bombs have worked wonders for the women in the winter.

as for edibles, might I suggest a Raw infusing with your activated cannabinoids?
THCa is a wonderful sleep aid, mostly in the aid to get to sleep and ease of getting back to sleep once disturbed. I've found that a ratio of 4 (active) : 1 (raw) to be a good point for someone with a large tolerance to start at.

this way you can atleast double down on the caryophyllene content that would be required to bind CB2 to give you any sort of relief

Maple_Flail

@ibechillin Man that is rough!

I don't have any experience with that sort of crippling pain. I've got stomach and esophagus muscle spasms that get quite painful but i don't think it is anywhere near the level of pain you are dealing with.

I've helped out a patient with peripheral neuropathy and dystonia, again i don't think they pain was quite on your level either.

What works for me, works for her but everything that works for her doesn't work for me.

Things that have work for both: THC(22+%)+very low cbd(1.25%>) + very low CBN(0.9%>) + MASSIVE amounts of b-pinene and b-caryophyllene in indica dominant hybrid varieties my go to is a cross between ghost train haze and a pink kush.

Topicals and medicated bath salts and bath bombs have worked wonders for the women in the winter.

as for edibles, might I suggest a Raw infusing with your activated cannabinoids?
THCa is a wonderful sleep aid, mostly in the aid to get to sleep and ease of getting back to sleep once disturbed. I've found that a ratio of 4 (active) : 1 (raw) to be a good point for someone with a large tolerance to start at.

this way you can atleast double down on the caryophyllene content that would be required to bind CB2 to give you any sort of relief

Forgot to mention, She makes great use of CBD dominant varieties.

Smokes a 2(thc):3(cbd) {cbd godbud is the variety} and uses a ratio of 1(THCa) : 1(CBDa) : 3.5 (THC) : 4 (CBD) as her nightly oil dose. She is hitting around 300mg of known cannabinoids per nightly dose (for your amount of pain your dose is like double that)

and again this varity's pheno that is used is very dominant in
B-caryophyllene, also has a noticeable nose of Terpinolene (that signature Jack Herer kinda smell with godbud undertones)

IIRC this cbd godbud almost guarantees a minimum of about 7% cbd irregardless of pheno selected, The pheno used Is Called Jackingun CBD from Canadian LP WeedMD. Thc can range from 4% to almost 20%.

a good portion of pheno's appear to get real frosty without much issue. the good phenos are prone to end term nannering resulting in a magnitude of tiny only noticeable when you extract NOT viable seeds. (smaller than poppy seeds), however there are some of the Harlequin dom phenos can be a little finicky they tend to be closer to the 1:1 ratio.

Also, Liquid Coconut oil appears to be the most consistent method of carrier oil for nightly delivery. Not sure what you are using, but anything with a high % of MCT oil in it being coconut or palm oil seems to help get more THC to the liver to get it converted faster than using something predominantly long chain like butter.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
My bad TychoMonolyth if you feel i derailed your thread...

I really appreciate the detailed responses, thanks maple flail. Its nice there are so many cannabinoid and terpene analysis results floating around now, helps alot in selecting strains/ordering seeds for a specific purpose. Brain chemistry and the entourage effect have a habit of making things interesting though, how what works for one person might not work for another.

Topicals and medicated bath salts and bath bombs have worked wonders for the women in the winter

Have not tried topicals yet, i have a little a friend gave me awhile ago, The thought of putting something on my skin for an issue with spine always seemed...strange to say the least lol. Ill give it a try though now, thanks. Medicated bath salts that is a good idea, many people ive spoken with mention how relieving Epsom Salt can be in a soak. Never tried Raw/THCa infusions, this is the first ive heard of it and its sleep aid effects, again thanks. Afghan/kush strains are my favorite smell/taste/growth/effect, good to know caryophyllene will be important in my venture, again thanks haha.

Forgot to mention, She makes great use of CBD dominant varieties.

Smokes a 2(thc):3(cbd) {cbd godbud is the variety} and uses a ratio of 1(THCa) : 1(CBDa) : 3.5 (THC) : 4 (CBD) as her nightly oil dose. She is hitting around 300mg of known cannabinoids per nightly dose (for your amount of pain your dose is like double that)

and again this varity's pheno that is used is very dominant in
B-caryophyllene, also has a noticeable nose of Terpinolene (that signature Jack Herer kinda smell with godbud undertones)

I have not experimented with smoking any of the more modern thc:cbd ratio medical strains yet so that is a another area to start exploring, been taking pure cbd infused honey by mouth (Sublingual Uptake). Though like i mentioned earlier taking the cbd isolated by itself just gives me a subtle spaciness in my mind it seems, which is understandable with the way entourage effect works. Afghan is considered to have relatively high amounts or Terpinolene as well so i seem to be headed down the right path for pain relief.

Have any first hand experience with THCv? Ive been really curious and planning on ordering some south african kwazulu seeds to try, again massive thanks for your time.

Maple_Flail

nothing verified in terms of experience with THCv.

I have suspicions that I've encountered it, however it would only be on very rare occasion.

from what I understand of THCv one of its more noticable properties is hunger suppression. I am not one to get the munchies, Its actually a bit of a problem. However i've encountered sativa hybrids and crosses that not only do not induce hunger, but actually make it so the little bit of hunger I feel actually vanishes as I smoke more.

Outside of the couple of occurrences like that in the past year and a half or so, I don't even have an educated guess at what else it could do, Its never listed so never know for sure i've never had anything available that is tested that actually has this cannabinoid in it.

Its on my list of stuff to dig into, however i'm more interested currently in CBN. Its ability to synergies with other things you consume, I find........ intriguing

if you have known CBN content, try having it with different teas, and potentially hop infused beers if you are so preferential. I also have suspicions that red wine and or aged red wine and or aged Whiskey/Whisky could also have a synergistic effect, something about the increased Tannin content after aging I would assume.

Well, with good enough google foo, i'm sure some scientific study references can be found, last time i look several months ago these studies we a long way from being finished. Studies using activated THC and Raw CBD and activated CBD with Raw thc in various ratios . Mostly very segmented and specific ailments, (ALS and schizophrenia iirc). My feedback comes from experience with the aforementioned patient with peripheral neuropathy and diagnosed dystonia (i think its essential tremors, doc hasn't bothered to order those tests), It wasn't something i've read.

so far under my experience, CBDa in blends is mostly preventive, appears to help the immune system and maybe helps manage stress.. maybe (this one might be coincidental with getting better sleep), Also extremely high levels of myrcine appear to counteract a lot of the benefit of CBN presence and Caryophyllene dominance, however synergies with Pinene which could be overwhelming for some people. (heart race sorta stuff)

As far as the bath salts are concerned, that is something you can make yourself. I think ISO or ETOH would be idea for that. once you've got your activated extract you "infuse" your solvent of choice with the salt, it will need agitation and likely heat (i've only done it with a small amount of heat, think hot tap water so 50*c maybe? ) as salt and alcohol don't mix easy. (atleast in the amounts you will be using ) then in goes your activated extract and then reduce it down, once all the liquid is evaporated you will be left with the salt that is now infused. can't really go wrong with aromatics here. Lavender and citrus seem to be the most effective.

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Man sorry to hear of your pain and injuries Ibechillin. Back pain is no joke. My friend has scoliosis and has an S-curve in his back. It doesn't seem as severe as what you have going on though. I have arthritis and TMJ in my jaw from having it broken in an attempted robbery when I was a teenager as well as chronic insomnia. Heavy Indicas seem to make life easier for me. I wish I could offer something for relief from pain or the situation you are in. Sounds like your stepdad was a real dick.