What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question 1 plant counts per adult and household clarifications?

p0opstlnksal0t

Does anyone know if the question 1 recreational law that passed allows 6 flowering plants per adult in a single residence? Let's say 6 plants for me, 6 plants for my wife, 6 plants for sister living there and 6 plants for her husband? Or is it 6 plants flowering per address period no matter how many adults there?

KONY

Veteran
I am fairly certain it is 6 flowering plants per adult, no limit. But not 100%.

Green Squall

I doubt it is 6 per person. Most rec states is per household. From what I've read, Maine is 6 flowering plants, 12 immature plants and unlimited seedlings. Not too shabby. You can also keep everything from said flowering plants which is nice.

Here in MA it is 10 oz max and our cock sucking legislators are trying to lower that limit.

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
I'd definately double check with an official. In Oregon its 4 plants per household period. Seedlings/immature plants/mature plants all count towards that 4.

OldPhart

The way I read it, it is per person. They just have to be tagged with the person's name/id. Outdoor is even wilder, you can grow on someone else's property, as long as the plants are properly tagged with the owner's name/id. If I had land up there, I would be growing for everyone I knew :D LOL

Dr.King

Veteran
I'd definately double check with an official. In Oregon its 4 plants per household period. Seedlings/immature plants/mature plants all count towards that 4.

In Oregon, 4 in flowering is correct but unlimited amount of plants in veg. Much like in Maine.

"Q: Can I just grow it myself?

A: Yes. An individual is allowed to have six mature plants, 12 immature plants and an unlimited number of seedlings at any given time. You can’t grow it where it is visible to others and must prevent access by anyone under 21. Each plant has to be labeled with a tag that includes your name and your Maine driver’s license or identification number."

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/01/...w-legal-in-maine-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

Hope this helps and good luck too all in Maine.

The way I read it, it is per person. They just have to be tagged with the person's name/id. Outdoor is even wilder, you can grow on someone else's property, as long as the plants are properly tagged with the owner's name/id. If I had land up there, I would be growing for everyone I knew :D LOL

Correct, much like Colorado or being a Caregiver. One can grow a lot for others when they are unable too.

p0opstlnksal0t

Here's the law text

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-20-09-02-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-03-20-09-02-22.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 42

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I'm going 2x6 outdoors in ME, for mi n mi chica.

Restricted to names on property lease, seems a safe grey area.

p0opstlnksal0t

How do you handle possession? If your 6 plants produce more than 2.5oz do you have to dispose of the rest? Also isn't possession over 1lb a felony?

p0opstlnksal0t

Got ahold of the question 1 maine political group on facebook.

It's 6 plants per adult.
No limits on how many adults per residence.
You can keep all that your crop produces.
2.5 oz possession limit it's outside of your residence.

Mr Blah

Got ahold of the question 1 maine political group on facebook.

It's 6 plants per adult.
No limits on how many adults per residence.
You can keep all that your crop produces.
2.5 oz possession limit it's outside of your residence.
Hey bud, you can get a lot of questions answered on the compassionate caregivers of Maine (CCM) website and forum by Hillary Lister. SHe has her own forum page.

p0opstlnksal0t

After more digging it looks like after my wife and I get med cards we could each have 6 rec and 6 med flowering plants per each of us.

Yes, you can, poop stinks a lot. Medical Plants are not counted against recreational plants, and that is per the initiative text (See Photo earlier in thread). So, in theory, you can have 12 flowering plants per person, However, if you have multiple medical grows you must share that address/residence. Moreover, it depends where you live. Do you live in a place where someone might stumble on your plants? Even the DEA is about to cease hunting down plants, rumor has it. You can also keep all your plants produce, If I recall correctly I believe there is a clause in the medical initiative that has room for up to 8 pounds that is destined for edibles, not yet cured, "excess" harvest, etc. You aren't obliged to destroy the bounty of your 6 plants because unless you are growing mini-autos under a CFL you will probably pull more than 2.5oz. If it is not for sale and marked as curing/drying then it does not count towards the 2.5oz rule. HOWEVER until the feds give up for good NEVER EVER EVER have more than 99 plants, EVER. Flowering or not. You are in MMS territory at the mercy of the federal court.

Consult your own lawyer not me, but this is how it has been explained to me by lawyers and caregivers.

p0opstlnksal0t

So, in theory, you can have 12 flowering plants per person, However, if you have multiple medical grows you must share that address/residence. Moreover, it depends where you live. Do you live in a place where someone might stumble on your plants?

Could you elaborate on the "share that address" statement? Let's say my wife and I are both med card holders.... could we essentially have 24 flowering plants at our residence? 6 each recreational and 6 each medical. No one would be able to stumble on anything. It would all be indoors in our house or built out barn or it would be in a fully fenced in locked up area or locked up greenhouse.