What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

veterans screwed again...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
due to new regulations by the DEA, our maimed warriors injured in overseas combat are having to return monthly to get their pain medication prescriptions refilled. the only way they can now get 90 day supplies is if their doctors will illegally back-date their prescriptions, which 99 % of them refuse to do, and understandably so in these times of anti-drug witch hunts. lessee here now, they don't want them to use cannabis for pain (no medical use, remember?) , and require them to see a doctor every thirty days (just TRY to see a VA doctor that often!) and they don't give a fuck if it is several hours drive to get there. "sorry, rules are rules" and these dense motherfuckers don't understand why these good people snap & kill themselves and others. "why can't you just go home & suffer quietly until you die? why make it hard on US, too?" I wish a few dozen of these vets would get together & go clean house at the DEA...

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Fucking figures. I stopped seeing va doctors a while ago and got a regular one. Shit like this really pisses me off.

StayHigh149

Yea, any heavy good pain meds require a "pain mgmt contract" & u get tested every 30 days & if hot they will no longer prescribe pain meds. So, I would think that would be technically be considered a doctor denying a patient care.
That's how it is in non mmj states.

I believe in mmj states, they look at it as any other drug prescribed by a non-va doc.