What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obama Justice Department Set to Overrule any State that Legalizes Marijuana

Treetops

http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stories/obama-justice-department-set-to-overrule-any-state-that-legalizes-marijuana-121024?news=846040

Depending on the outcome of initiatives in three states, a confrontation awaits between the U.S. Department of Justice and advocates for legalizing marijuana.

On November 6, voters in Colorado, Washington and Oregon will decide whether to legalize and tax marijuana sales. If one or more of the measures passes, and President Barack Obama is reelected, expect the Justice Department to take action to stop any state from decriminalizing the popular herb.

In an outtake in a recent interview with “60 Minutes,” Deputy Attorney General James Cole proclaimed that the federal government is prepared to stop any “dangers” associated with state-sanctioned recreational pot.

“We’re going to take a look at whether or not there are dangers to the community from the sale of marijuana and we’re going to go after those dangers,” Cole told the television news magazine.

A crackdown on drug legalization would follow other efforts by the Obama administration to shutdown medical marijuana dispensaries operating within state law in California and elsewhere.

If Mitt Romney wins the presidential election, he would probably take the same position as Obama, having stated that marijuana is a “gateway drug” and that he would fight legalization “tooth and nail.”

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Obama loves you!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow to see which Klepocrat wins the election. Will it be Goldman Sach's Blue Team? Or Goldman Sach's Red Team?

The anticipation is killing me.............

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deputy Attorney General James Cole looks like a child molester therefore he is a child molester. lets kill him. lol.

8de53cfc-38fe-45c9-9551-4a80588aa65a.jpeg

that decision is a joke of course, and was based on as much scientific information as his understanding of cannabis

Last edited:
D

dark horse

All bark and no bite...the Feds need the states to do their bidding for them. Same with alcohol prohibition...tomorrow, I think 2 states are going to flip off the US government and tell them where to shove it. Then, a huge controversy will erupt, which is exactly what we need.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
"Obama Justice Department Set to Overrule any State that Legalizes"
Romney would do the same, no doubt.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have predicted that portland or seattle would become the next amsterdam, but we'll see.

Max Yields

I'm proud to officially declare all cannabis products LEGAL. So now there is no need to vote for either candidate. I don't ask for your votes, just grow & smoke as much cannabis as you possibly can, & be happy. It might as well be legal. Doesn't stop anyone from growing or smoking it, so fuck it!
It's now officially legal! Tell 'em Max Yields said so!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Hash Zeppelin-
Deputy Attorney General James Cole looks like a child molester therefore he is a child molester. lets kill him. lol.
8de53cfc-38fe-45c9-9551-4a80588aa65a.jpeg
Double LOL!!!
You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
I'm proud to officially declare all cannabis products LEGAL. So now there is no need to vote for either candidate. I don't ask for your votes, just grow & smoke as much cannabis as you possibly can, & be happy. It might as well be legal. Doesn't stop anyone from growing or smoking it, so fuck it!
It's now officially legal! Tell 'em Max Yields said so!
My Man!

Useful Idiot

Veteran
I REALLY hope a couple of states will vote this in. I just sit here wondering WTF has happened to the US as far as election??? WHO DO YOU VOTE FOR??? I just rode by a house today that had a HUGE sign outside that read " no one for president" Kinda made me think.

D

dark horse

I used to think SF would have the first coffee shops in America...it won't be far behind though.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
best of luck

Oregon legalized liquor before the Fed did

unless they are going to relocate all their officers to Portland Seattle and Denver then they are going to be trying to kill an elephant with a Nerf Gun

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^yep over growing is working already. they are already over whelmed. just one state legalizing will force them to transfer all efforts to that state and the other 15 states will just go nuts.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
They'll let the States shoot it down since it would be a states rights issue if voted in. The way they do this is cut off all federal funding to the state for say, roads, bridges, medicaid, education, etc, etc. The Fed did the same thing, or threatened to, to states that decided they they wouldn't drop the speed limit to 55 back in the, not sure if it was the late 70's or early to mid 80's. Needless to say the speed limits were dropped to 55 to avoid losing federal highway dollars. nothing but legal blackmail on the federal level.

Big Sky

kramer vs kramer who will win?
turd sandwich thats who-
i have hope, hope for change-...

i hope this change in my pocket feeds my family this week!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They'll let the States shoot it down since it would be a states rights issue if voted in. The way they do this is cut off all federal funding to the state for say, roads, bridges, medicaid, education, etc, etc. The Fed did the same thing, or threatened to, to states that decided they they wouldn't drop the speed limit to 55 back in the, not sure if it was the late 70's or early to mid 80's. Needless to say the speed limits were dropped to 55 to avoid losing federal highway dollars. nothing but legal blackmail on the federal level.

it would be great if the state told them to fuck off with their money.