What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ever heard of clone seeds?

G

guest59452

the technology is not new, but i imagine the popularity and availability are very new, hopefully they will release some soon, and hopefully we can get green crack out to everyone.
once all the seed banks are doing this the cannabis genetics seen will forever be revolutionized.

:just read the entire page, looks like they are too fragile for commercial development atm, and seedbanks located in the uk couldnt carry them due to the living plant material inside, a loophole our legal system would have a field day with. Nice read though thanks

chongsbuddy

Veteran
never thought of the plant matter and the law,i guess every clone seed could be counted as a plant.

G

guest59452

the technology is not new, but the dessicated forme is very new, just showing one step closer to 100% authentic genetic copies

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
weblog2003a.jpg

I just think it looks spiffy!

CannabisTHC

I remember reading an article exactly like this from a seed company in Europe about 8 years ago on Overgrow, thought it was cool at the time but nothing ever came of it.

H

Homer J Pimpin

good read I believe tom hill & Chimera are working with this idea right now........

serious6

take a stable and uniform plant like ak-47 male and 1 - 4 female clones ak-47 and you can breed them to get 2,000 uniform seeds

so why have cloned seeds? quicker maybe.

this has been out there for a while, put out there by Breeder Steve , though NOT his idea, I think he just ran his mouth off... while a certain someone was recovering from surgery...

Breeder Steve
Quote:
"The seed biz is almost over, so it is just as well to know who our friends are. I don't give a fuck about it any more. No one will be able to sell seeds on any meaningful scale by the end of this year."

Seeds will always be essential to breeding, but not propagation, which is what most people buy them for. Who will bother buying heterozygous seeds when elite clones of everything are as easily available and stored? Most folks won't even keep mothers if the price of the artificial seeds is less than the price of a clone. Artificial seeds are clones in a nutshell. They are less bulky and risky than moving trays of cuttings. They don't come with spider mites or other nasties. The production of them is simple, and has been done already. The legalities of selling them are another matter. I am sure someone braver than me will get it at! Besides, IF I were to release them I would want to clear out my conventional stock first... If I can show you a selection process from 1000 seeds of each of my favourites (and others), wouldn't you rather buy 20 microcuttings of the best specimens for 80 bucks*, than a dozen irregular seeds?
*just an example, price may vary by age and model. I would expect at first people would sell them more expensive for growers to make their own mothers. As the economy of scale develops, they will be produced using bulk techniques and the cost of their production will plummet.
I expect they would eventually retail for $4 per piece. $1 distributor price, $2 wholesale, $4 retail. That is not to say the first year of their availability will see these elite clones selling for hundred's of dollars apiece, easily. That would, theoretically of course, pay for the leap into mass production, which would evolutionize cannabis propagation techniques, and the worldwide dissemination of premium genetics, everywhere.

Just a thought. If I wasn't so busy with my other interests right now, I might even pursue it myself...

------------
second quote: (sorry for the tone, he is mad at a poster, but this still provides immensly valuable info)

I am not promising that I am going to do it myself, just that it is inevitable. Is that such a stretch?
Promise to come back grovelling for free testers when you are proven wrong?
The only thing I was wrong about is the timeline, as one of the original partners in the project decided to go it alone. They have been replaced. Will you ever look stupid(er) when the inevitable is staring you in the face.
The fact is, when I say I am going to do something, it gets done. Not always on time, but it does get done.
When you get some respect for what you have accomplished, I may care about your opinion. It's easy to be the naysayer when you can't see what isn't being shared with you, but for those who can see, your opinion is as useless as you are ignorant. Impress me. Do it first. I don't care who has the cajones to be the first to release the artificials, whoever does vindicates what I have been telling you: Seeds will only be of use to breeders, not the majority of growers. Put it this way, I am only making breeding stock seed at this point, not production. I will not be releasing any more seeds, just clearing existing stock.
Time will tell. I am not asking for a deposit, I am just beginning the re-education of growers regarding efficient propagation methods.
Ask yourself this; if what I am saying IS the undisputed truth, that is that artificial seeds will become the preferred method of genetic acquisition in the near future, what do you stand to lose/gain? What is it to you?
The boy that cried wolf was looking for help, I am not. I only seek understanding from potential customers so that when they are released, the stampede to get them begins in earnest. A teaser so to speak. What part of the technology seems unrealistic? Have you even looked into it?
When I went to plant in Switzerland, I mentioned what I was setting up, and a number of posters said it was fishy, I was full of shit, as if, whatever. I didn't hear back from one once the proof (fields, greenhouses, warehouse) was undisputable. You are just another shit-talking, pinheaded loser that will disappear once the truth is staring you in the face. Even this swiss project took longer than anticipated to get into full swing, but no one will dispute it now. Suit yourself. In the near future you too will be planting artificials. I would wager, and I am not a real gambling man. I only bet on sure things.
I embrace development, you may fear it, and as such you will always remain a follower, never a leader. To be a pioneer is to be criticized by lesser creatures. I can live with that. Lots of critics are just poor loosers. I wonder what your other handle(s) are... Or is that really the extent of your posting?
I repeat. The Future is Nigh, Spice of Life Seeds will soon be obsolete!

Have a great day everyone, stay positive. Look forward to the future, it holds great surprises.

Cheers, Steve

have a read!!!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=90236