What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 20 2012 SmokeOut Washington DC

L

longearedfriend

Washington-DC-White-House.preview.jpg

donny darko

I am really thinking that this is where I will spend my 420. I really want to go to A dam because of the changes that are accruing over there and the fact that I have not been sense college, but with what is going on here in the US now with all the Federal back push against medical marijuana and the current raids that it would be better for me and our community for me others to help cause a stir in Washington. Lets make that bitch Obama sit in a haze for days and make the town sit in a huge cloud of smoke

medman225

Imteresting
u guys gota say ur comin firzt b4 i sign up... not that im not down... but i aleedy took a rather large bullet for the team earlier this year(lookin at mayb 2 weeks n county or so).... dnt feel like goin to jail again for buds anytime soon... if ever again.... and unless we hav like hundreds upon hunddeds honestly more, there jst gona arrest the 20 or 40 people
this is quite different than a normal protest as ur forcing them to see your civil disobedience and likewise deal with it..... think about all the news casts saying
Washington has the fight brought right to their doorstep... and they turn the other cheek!!!!
Im not sayin that cant happen
Im sayin this is different from public displays of civil disobeident weed smoking in portland on the other siee of the country
im not discouraging this or saying its GONA get busted....
But it needs to honestly b thousands upon thousands..... to where the authorities are more concerned with dodging a serious riot juat outside the whitehouse
this neess to be expertly organized to work and help

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried to organize a million man march and could not get the organizations to work together to sponsor an event. they all wanted sole sponsorship and none had enough money for it. their selfishness of wanting full credit is fucking us.

relic1981

Veteran
Imteresting
u guys gota say ur comin firzt b4 i sign up... not that im not down... but i aleedy took a rather large bullet for the team earlier this year(lookin at mayb 2 weeks n county or so).... dnt feel like goin to jail again for buds anytime soon... if ever again.... and unless we hav like hundreds upon hunddeds honestly more, there jst gona arrest the 20 or 40 people
this is quite different than a normal protest as ur forcing them to see your civil disobedience and likewise deal with it..... think about all the news casts saying
Washington has the fight brought right to their doorstep... and they turn the other cheek!!!!
Im not sayin that cant happen
Im sayin this is different from public displays of civil disobeident weed smoking in portland on the other siee of the country
im not discouraging this or saying its GONA get busted....
But it needs to honestly b thousands upon thousands..... to where the authorities are more concerned with dodging a serious riot juat outside the whitehouse
this neess to be expertly organized to work and help

well said

bootea

There really should be a D.C. 4/20 celebration to celebrate the fact that the D.C. City Council just voted 10/1 to make it a 25$ fine as a citation for being in possession fo an ounce or less. No jail time. Smoking in public is still a crime with a possible fine of $500 and up to 60 days in jail. This new law does not cover federal properties in DC like the Mall where the fine would be up $1000 and indeterminate jail time. You would need a colour coded map to stay in the relatively safe areas. Never the less it would be good to have something going on to advance the cause. A million Head march or something.

here are some details of cannabis decriminalization in D.C.:
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/03/04/220124/dc-council-oks-dropping-fine-for.html

bootea

I hope this isn't a dead thread and there will be some discussion aof a 4/20 event in D.C.

Last edited:

StayHigh149

a REAL effort with REAL organization would need to b put forth WELL IN ADVANCE to get the desired/needed turnout. Many people would like to attend an event in dc that would truly help to bring light to the fight for decrim but can't take vacations on short notices. Also, traveling from other areas would need to reserve hotels & make travel arrangements.

A major event should b planned for let's say...2016...presidential election time, especially if it hasn't been removed from Schedule I by then. Plans & announcements would need to be made at least 1 year in advance for it to b effective, IMO

I tried to organize a million man march and could not get the organizations to work together to sponsor an event. they all wanted sole sponsorship and none had enough money for it. their selfishness of wanting full credit is fucking us.

I honestly think that you should name and shame the selfish orgs, that way we can all fuck them back by avoiding them and only donating to those that are more sane. If we're going to get fucked it may as well be reciprocal.