What's new

How many non-flushing growers are there that have medical issues?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
So... you're a grower that doesn't believe in flushing?

Please post:

- Your grow method (hydro, soil?)
- The nutrients you use and how much and when.
- The method you use most often to get the cannabis into your body
- The medical issues you're currently experiencing
- The medical issues you had prior to becoming a grower that doesn't flush.

My hypothesis is there are a shitload of growers that have digestive or other issues due to the amount of nutrients they're putting through their digestive system and lungs.

Anyone?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Sure, I'll talk.

I grow in rockwool. Currently in changeover from 12 plant square trays to five plant round trays. 3 gallons of media either method. Also changing to LED and growth is tremendously faster.

General Hydroponics 3 part, mixed per package directions for the three stages. Fresh mix about once per week.

I use a hexane extraction with vacuum flash of the hexane. Final oil mix tests 60% THC content. This is vaporized, 35 mg is the average dose, every two hours.

The oil potentiates the morphine sulphate script. 7.5 mg morphine three times per day is reduced to twice a day, at this moment I have been once a day three days running.
The liver cancer really screws up my digestion, hurts to eat, but the oil allows small munchies every two hours.

The extraction eliminates all the impurities that cause problems when I try smoking. I still smoke occasionally, but that hurts also, actual pain in the lung, but this is not an oil high, its genuine stoned. So occasionally I smoke anyway. The liver cancer invaded the right lung also, did not used to hurt to smoke.

Now that I realize flushing doesn't matter to my ingestion, perhaps I should have skipped posting. But then again, the lack of any crud buildup in my lungs after years of smoking the oil may be relevant just by the lack of any issues.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
So... you've been growing and making oil from unflushed buds for how long?

Now you can't vape anymore because of the lung pain and you have liver cancer.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Considering your condition... have you tried making holy anointing oil or simpson oil from your meds and straight up eating it? MUCH more medicinal content than just vaping.

Please post:

My hypothesis is there are a shitload of growers that have digestive or other issues due to the amount of nutrients they're putting through their digestive system and lungs.

Anyone?

could be. i went organic to introduce a more well rounded spectrum of nutrients such that i would have wide range nutritional value. problems may develop due to unbalanced nutrients or nutrient depravity of the minor nutrients. just because they are minor, does not mean they are not important.

also of concern is foliar sprays for pest control. i truly believe many of my problems are generated by my sensitivities to chemicals in and on the food i have eaten, so it only stands to reason, the same would be true for the medicine i ingest, vaporize or apply topically. also good reasons to go organic.

Sure, I'll talk.

I grow in rockwool. Currently in changeover from 12 plant square trays to five plant round trays. 3 gallons of media either method. Also changing to LED and growth is tremendously faster.

General Hydroponics 3 part, mixed per package directions for the three stages. Fresh mix about once per week.

I use a hexane extraction with vacuum flash of the hexane. Final oil mix tests 60% THC content. This is vaporized, 35 mg is the average dose, every two hours.

The oil potentiates the morphine sulphate script. 7.5 mg morphine three times per day is reduced to twice a day, at this moment I have been once a day three days running.
The liver cancer really screws up my digestion, hurts to eat, but the oil allows small munchies every two hours.

The extraction eliminates all the impurities that cause problems when I try smoking. I still smoke occasionally, but that hurts also, actual pain in the lung, but this is not an oil high, its genuine stoned. So occasionally I smoke anyway. The liver cancer invaded the right lung also, did not used to hurt to smoke.

Now that I realize flushing doesn't matter to my ingestion, perhaps I should have skipped posting. But then again, the lack of any crud buildup in my lungs after years of smoking the oil may be relevant just by the lack of any issues.

so sorry to hear of your health problems. have you considered ingesting?

vacuum purge of hexane....hmmmm. prety spendy extraction solvent. care to share your reasons?

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I'm pretty sure you and I share a lot of similar sensitivities. :)

After 9 months of the local meds.... I'm pretty sure I need to detox from heavy metal poisoning.

Phaeton: You really need to read up on Holy Anointing Oil. I can't recommend that enough to help out with what you're going through. It will literally change your life.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I grow in my own soil mix, all organic. The only fert I use is a vegan bloom food, again as organic as possible, I know there are some inorganic minerals etc in it. I use only filtered water that has 0 PPM of Total Dissolved Solids.
What I have found i that my smoke is so much more mild than a buddy that just uses the cheapest fert he can get. He flushes, but there is still a burn in the back of your throat.
I don,t worry so much about flushing or not, What bothers me is reading on the ic here, about spraying pesticides etc that can't be flushed. That will kill you quicker than not flushing in my humble opinion.
I grow organic and do flush, but its my smoke, and my lungs, so I only want the best in quality. Oh I have no health issues related to smoking weed, at least I think so.

:smoweed:

The Bling

hey hydro thats why i always flush ive switched to FOOD grade nutrients free of all heavy metals (which many organic nutes are full of think guanos and fish emulsions)

not one nutrient company sold at hydro stores is food grade.

also i use only single salts

THCphd420

I bet 95% of all bud consumed in the us is not flushed. If its THAT dangerous im sure we would of heard of many instances. I always flush my plant but for those that dont i think ull be okay.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I rarely ever flush.......my toilet.......I flush my grow for a minimun of 2weeks though.

Barn Owl

Seems like it would be more of an issue for hydro than organic soil grows.

I have done about 13 grows and have also been using a lot of medical mj.

I only ever flushed the nutes twice. I do all organic, but have never noticed any difference in the flushed buds vs, the un-flushed. In the beginning, I have even fed the plants up to three days beforer harvest.

Nothing ever made me sick. Ifr the nutes are good, the plant converts those to what it needs. I think the flushing thing is one of those things like "harvest in the morning for more potent buds". I have only ever grown organic though.

castout

Veteran
I always flush for 2 weeks, prior to harvest. I grow in coco, with GH nutes, superthrive, spray n grow, kool bloom and cal mag. I have never had any probs if I didn't fluch, except that i get RICE KRISPIE weed....lots of snap, crackle, and pop!!! If you want good bud, you gotta do a good flush!!!!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
How many of you hack up black phlem from your lungs on a regular basis? Tokers and concentrates alike.

When I medicate with my own plants I never have that. Haven't found a local source that's that clean... most growers don't even filter their intakes around here. BLEAH!!! LOL

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I have never coughed up any black yukky phlegm.......I have never smoked anything but mj.

Sounds like your mj is a whole lot better than the average grower here.

I swear, between the "God" complex and people's general obliviousness to the sublties of nature.... I'm surprised I've gotten even one grower to 'step up' their game.

That will all change the day I'm producing my own meds again. LOL Soon... hopefully soon.

Stay Safe! :tiphat:

G

Guest 88950

i flush for 2 wks using florakleen

70% coco / 30% worm castings.........maxibloom / koolbloom / silica blast is all i use.

i smoke most of my meds at the moment but plan on vaping and hash pills soon. i use the dry ice extraction and it works but its not full melt like quality bho...dry ice is faster and alot better for my health.

i have smoked unflushed or minimally flushed buds but it was better than buying off the street.

sprinkl

Veteran

Please post:

Anyone?
That's funny, I was thinking about this today, but more towards smoking, why uncured weed tastes bad and burns on your tongue.
It's the simple process of oxidation when you light the weed, turning N, S and P into nitrates, sulphates and phosphates, which when they come into contact with water turn into nitric acid, sulphuric acid and phosphoric acid! I don't know if those acids are necessarily unhealthy esp in such small quantities, but they do fuck up the taste of the smoke and the smoothness of it.

How ingesting such weed would be bad for your health I fail to see though. All the minerals that plants need we also need, and things like Melasses and Seaweed(kelp) which are full of minerals are used in a lot of food products...

supermanlives

Veteran
no flush but plain water last few weeks.i can taste nasty overferted weed. yuck i would rather loose some yield by backing off on ferts early. smoothe as silk baby

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Fuck using anything that needs to be flushed in the first place!

Local outdoor organic is the only way to fly...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Organics only so no I do not flush. Preamended soil with only EWC or guano topdress.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Organics only so no I do not flush. Preamended soil with only EWC or guano topdress.
Do they have an "earthy" taste to them? Can't stand that, harsh on the body too.. in comparison to what I grow.

Remember.... with amended soils you're looking for something that's depleted at least 3 weeks before harvest. Best case scenario is having to water with a booster tea for a week, before switching back to clean water for the finish.

You can use the finest peruvian flake bat-guano there is.... if I can taste it in the end meds, you've used too much and it's a contaminant. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts