What's new

So what are the rules when some schmuck decides to plant on your property?

LoSwaga

And I'm not talking about the edge of the woods that are on my property...I stepped out on my porch this morning for a cup of coffee and a smoke and happened to notice something lime green about 100 feet away in the underbrush/wooded area off the hill that my house is on. At first I just figured it was one of the many local plants that look like pot, but after breaking out the binoculars, it is clearly some college kid's attempt to grow out his mexican bagseeds...

Here's the thing -- I don't care that somebody wants to grow outdoors, and I really wouldn't even care about it being on my property if they were at least smart enough to hide it a bit better...but this plant (plants? hard to tell) is right smack in the middle of the least-wooded part of my lot, and if I saw it that easily I'm sure the helicopters can as well. What would ICMag do here? Rip the thing up and leave a note that says "keep this shit off of my property"? Let them ride it out and take the risk of being busted for a plant that isn't even mine? Wait until they go to harvest and call them out then?

Thoughts? I want to do the right thing here, but not at the expense of my own safety and security.

S

SeaMaiden

If it's on my property it's off my show. Folks around here don't cotton to that shit. Let them think it got ripped.

LoSwaga

I know that's the smart thing to do. But I've had plants ripped outdoors plenty of times (my area is one of the largest outdoor growing spots in the country) and even though this is a different story, I almost feel like I should let the poor kid get his ounce of schwag off this plant. lol

LoSwaga

Plus, that would be a helluva shot with the 500...I'd have to use slugs. :laughing: at 30 yards I'm better off with the 1911...lol

S

SeaMaiden

I know that's the smart thing to do. But I've had plants ripped outdoors plenty of times (my area is one of the largest outdoor growing spots in the country) and even though this is a different story, I almost feel like I should let the poor kid get his ounce of schwag off this plant. lol
But that poor kid has put you at risk.

I just have a thing about people using other people, and using your property like that, and believe me, I've also been ripped and can put myself in your place, is just not cool.

I don't advocate violence at all, either. Let him think it was ripped. If you really feel sorry for him, leave some branches or something, take the top of the plant as a warning and he'll get the hint.

From my perspective, if you do nothing, then you've given implicit permission to go ahead and do it again next year. Is that what you want?

supermanlives

Veteran
i had this problem when back east. i had outdoor plants and one of the greenhouses full o weed. i ran them all off. took me several weeks to catch them. i setup treestands and sat with my nightvision till i busted them . after i shined the spotlight on em and fired a shot in the air. then i killed all the plants. no more tresspassers. i hunted on my land all the time so gunshots were common and legal.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Well from your comments I gather that you haven't actually walked out and inspected the plant/s?

Taking into consideration where you live and the large amount of outdoor grown there, it's possible that it's just a seed that got dropped in a birdturd and sprouted.

Either way, a person who would be so brazen as to plant it right there in plain sight is the sort to be vindictive and spiteful. Just exactly the sort who causes headaches if they get the idea that somebody ripped their crop, and they know who it was...

It could be a pretty touchy situation. I might just leave a note and a joint in a baggy for em, suggesting they move it someplace less obvious.
They'll appreciate it and learn a valuable lesson about guerrilla growing.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Pull it.

No message. You owe them no response. No need to identify yourself.

And especially no guns.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Why not dig it up and transplant it into your garden? Isolate it for a little while and make sure there's no nasty critters on board, and then...boom! new plant! yeah!!!!
or just cut it down and make no mention about it.

Why not dig it up and transplant it into your garden? Isolate it for a little while and make sure there's no nasty critters on board, and then...boom! new plant! yeah!!!!
or just cut it down and make no mention about it.

I'd do this...it might be something special, you'll never know if you don't

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Wrap them up in christmas lights! Lol Id be totally lost when I came back to water em.

HELL YA! I like that idea!...

I'd shat myself all the way back home too!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php