What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada-the most useless medical pot state

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I don't know if lawmakers are that damn stupid to leave the grey areas in mmj laws , or that fucking smart. Either way is bullshit, they should be doing their jobs and serving the public.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Nothing is about the patients in Nevada.

That state is all about giving the public the shaft and keeping them in control. The jailers and prison guard groups are very active in that state.

Anyone remember when the Reno PD got caught with a methlab about 20 years ago? LOL They stated they had to run it to provide product for their undercover operations. ROTFL

mrcreosote

Veteran
A States people may speak but that doesn't mean legislators have to listen. If a law, on the surface, appears to concede to an issue that voters want changed then it removes the accountability question they would face at election time. On the other hand, if such a law is sufficiently vague and even ethereal in it's wording, then a crime can be whatever the State deems fit the particular circumstances and can be arbitrarily enforced or ignored at will unless and until the law is challenged in a lower court and then appealed to a higher court for legality or clarification. A time consuming and expensive undertaking

Plenty of wiggle room and no accountability by those who wish to use it on any whim.
" Just following the law. Sorry."
Or "How to maintain the Status Quo while appearing to respond to the electorate".
Pretty neat trick, huh?

Bad law makes rich lawyers.
And guess who writes the law?
If you ever have had occasion to hire a lawyer, have you ever noticed that the lawyers responsibilty to the client are couched in vague weasle words like 'timely' and 'due diligence' (if there at all) and yet, your payment arrangements are startlingly clear with no possibility of misunderstanding the various ways and means that the lawyer can and will execute payment in full regardless of outcome or his performance of duty?
You will see an amazing work of concise and exacting legal wording.
A 6 year old can read it and tell you "You're screwed".

Unfortunately, the ruling class (sounds hyperbolic, I know, but it is accurate) has seen the end of bread and circus to appease the populace and are facing an angry mass of voters unwilling to go along with blatant mismanagement of public funds and flagrant disregard of encroachments on their liberties from both ends of the political divide, but more importantly, from the vast landscape of those who were once called the 'Silent Majority'.
They ain't so silent anymore and they're really getting pissed off.

Their best hope of maintaining the good life is to us to focus on our differences instead of finding common ground to stand together and fielding and electing candidates for office who are not part of the preselected 'screened for reliability' Republocrats.

Hell, I don't even care if you hump the family dog as long as I and every other taxpayer and G.E. and Goldman Sachs ain't paying for it.
If the dog runs away when you show up then your gonna have trouble with PETA.

Latest posts

Latest posts