What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

used grow equipment?

so what would you consider or not? curious about all items possible. I live near Boulder, Colorado and notice tons of stuff listed on craigslist

it's funny to read the "farm & garden classified" and see: tractor, chicken coop, hay bales, alpacas, and then New 600w Air-Cooled Light Package - $220 (Boulder)

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I shuffle used equip. all over. Rooms of used in some cases.Just not from CL. Im too old to start trustin this interwebthinhgy.. good luck

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would.... most of that stuff is hardly touched. Think of all the people that came to CO to make it big, only to realize they can't make millions off the first crop. They sell their equip and go back home.
Just be safe about it. Use common sense. Don't meet some dude in the abandoned warehouse down by the river to save a few bucks.

qupee

In a non-legal state, I'd be worried about used equipment being a LEO setup, especially ballasts.

But in CO, good to go. Just be weary of consumables, like bulbs and nuts etc.

I know I've churned thru a ton of equipment, figuring out what works best and expanding.

I've bought and sold lights plenty of times in non legal states. Nothing illegal about buying a light. LEO isn't selling ballasts on CL to set you up. Easier to stake out the hydro store. They've always invited me in fired her up and wished me luck. Me thinks it's mostly the guys who killed their seedlings and said screw this.

G

greenmatter

buying anything used is a roll of the dice. no way i would trust a used bulb, and no fucking way i would use used nutes unless they came from a very trusted source.ya never know

make sure you are actually saving money ...... 600w air cooled system for $220 sounds great, but if it is the cheesy-est set up on the market you might be able to get a new one for the same coin. in colorado i would not worry about LEO as much as i would worry about scam artists ....... be careful and good luck to you

TEDiousBUD

I risked it and picked up a 4ft 8 bulb t5 from CL yesterday after work......

i get there and the light has 3000k bulbs in it....

after he plugs it in to show me that it works, he says "hey, i forgot the extra bulbs...... $5......" i said "sure"....... after looking, a brand new set of 6400k bulbs :) :dance013:

pspmiggz

I buy and sell used equipment on CL all the time. its a great way to change your setup affordably. Btw I am in Colorado. B u t yeah just be careful who you deal with. Especially if they don't let you come to their house. never meet someone in an empty parking lot. Meet at their home if possible, (most people usually wont burn someone that knows where they live) and always test everything BEFORE you buy.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I Just squeal it away until I need it again.. Nobody comes to my house ever that I dont know.. I would have to do it in a public place like wal-mart parking lot.

Latest posts

Latest posts