What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real Deal LED 8-2011

I know this isnt the proper place for this post, but i feel everyone MUST know about new LED lights... UNlike any other lite in the world these LED r ran by indiv. computer chips... Each light consist of 3 rails each 4 feet long.. These new led run at 170 watts and are = to 1000 watts, NO JOKE... These lights put out only what is obsorbed by the plant, unlike 1000 watt light ( which 90 % is not obsorbed by light) these LED are putting out 99% effecientcy!! They run about 1200 US dollars, and are avial as of 8-2011... These are the real deal boys, unlike the other POS LED on the market.. The goverment has bought about 70 thousand "to grow tobacco" they say.. They are manufactured around the portland oregon area....They are very very thin and put out virtualy NO HEAT!!! I have used these LED light and will give you my word THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL... So bottom line
170 watt= 1000watt
$1200 dollars US
NO HEat
About as thick as ur cell phone
Comes out 8-2011
I will post pics ass soon as i can fig out how to get them off of my cell phone lol

Shafto

If they put out no perceivable heat then they are nowhere near 170W or have an extremely poor thermal design.

Even the most efficient blue LED dies still put out about 30% photometric power, and 70% heat.

I wonder if people will actually ever start to understand LEDs, or just keep listening to all this marketing bullshit maybe?

If they are the real deal then what LEDs are they using in them? How about the Junction to Ambient thermal resistance, is that information provided? If those two pieces of key information aren't available, you can better believe the product is complete and total crap.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Its that 6 to 1 efficiency ratio the stupid promoters use that is most annoying. I can see the thought balloon over their heads as they write the ad material.
"These are stoners, what the fuck do they know?"

Then they procede to write the above crap that any noob with a single grow under his belt knows is pure bullshit. 6 times better light? Hello, is anybody home?

The government grows tobacco indoors? Elvis finally married his alien girlfriend?

LED fixtures with computer controlled light and thermo have been out for a few years, yes, mostly our tax dollars, but these are not grow lights. Submarine lights, military equipment, mining, places extreme brightness and durability are primary and material cost is secondary, labor cost of change outs overshadows all other considerations. And the computer spends most of it's time regulating the heat. LED's are quite sensitive to heat and 170 watts is the heat measurement of the light. A 170 watt light puts out 170 watts heat, as does a 170 watt coffee cup heating coil, all the same. Why do I feel like I am lecturing a 5 year old that will not understand? A 5 year old can learn, not like the OP.

Spectrum and lumens (lux at specified distance) are the parameters. NOT a 70 KW tobacco grow by a secret government organization.

Geez, yes I smoke. I also went to school and can remember basic science.

Phaeton,

Watts don't equal heat, watts equal work done. It is calculated by multiplying voltage times amp draw. 750 watts also equals 1 horsepower. Work done in a LED is both light AND heat. I use over 500 watts of LED in a 3ft x 3ft x 6ft cabinet and it only raises the temp of the cab 5 degrees between lights on and lights off with 165 cfm of exhaust.

The OP is however overstating the efficiency of the product and is most likely trying to cheat people gullible enough to believe him. Effective LEDs are not cheap but they do actually exist.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed. Heat is the waste product - higher efficiency at converting power to light results in less heat.

Phaeton,

Watts don't equal heat, watts equal work done. It is calculated by multiplying voltage times amp draw. 750 watts also equals 1 horsepower. Work done in a LED is both light AND heat. I use over 500 watts of LED in a 3ft x 3ft x 6ft cabinet and it only raises the temp of the cab 5 degrees between lights on and lights off with 165 cfm of exhaust.

The OP is however overstating the efficiency of the product and is most likely trying to cheat people gullible enough to believe him. Effective LEDs are not cheap but they do actually exist.

C

CLOWD11

I have used these LED light and will give you my word THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL

I will post pics ass soon as i can fig out how to get them off of my cell phone lol
Your using the most advanced lights in the world, but you cant operate your phone?

What government would buy 70K units ($84M) for a light that sounds too good to be true?

And youve used these lights but no pics or reports until you told us you cant operate your phone?

hmmm slightly sceptical

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Real Deal LED 8-2011

This thread will self destruct in 5 4 3..

Latest posts

Latest posts