What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PC Grow - 125w CFL

WahFuzz

Hello to everyone :)
I usually post in the italian forum but about this I do an exception :)
(Also because I'd like to have comments)

--

This was my first kind of grow,never touched a seed of ganja before.
I just read some books and online guides to indoor growing.
I think them helped me a lot.
Because of "It's illegal,you shouldn't do that" My growbox is a pc case :) (a server case is more appropriate).

GrowBox: 58x45x20 (centimeters,a typical server tower case)
Soil: Canna Terra Professional
Pot: around 3.6 liters
Water : From the sink
PH: not controlled
Vege Ferts: not used (already included in the soil,enough until the bloom phase)
Bloom ferts: Canna Terra Flores
[During the last week of bloom I'll use the Advanced Natural Power]
Air in : Passive
Air Extraction 2x80mm fans (7.5/9 volts)
Lamps :: 1x 125W CFL 2700k (flowering)
2x22w CFL during the veg (I know,wattage too low but I had problem with my old pc case and I didn't had the correct bulb,so that's why the plant is very short...The next round I'll use a 150w cfl (I already have it)

Light period : 20/4 on veg.3 days at 18/6,now 20/4 (flowering)

Day 6

Giorno%2026-04-2.jpg

Day 10

30%20aprile%2C4.jpg

Day 18

07052011048.jpg

Day 32

23052011063.jpg

23052011064.jpg

Day 40 (7 from 20/4)

SAM_0031.JPG

Day 47 (14 from 20/4)

SAM_0035.JPG

SAM_0036.JPG

SAM_0038.JPG

SAM_0034.JPG

SAM_0029.JPG

I'll update maybe 1-2 times a week because now I'm not with my baby (my friend got it).

Comments now :dance013: :)

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
Very nice, for a minute I thought it was an AF based on the size and speed, impressive for your first grow. Your temps are good though your humidity is rather high for flowering, you'll want to try and get that closer to 50%.

WahFuzz

Very nice, for a minute I thought it was an AF based on the size and speed, impressive for your first grow. Your temps are good though your humidity is rather high for flowering, you'll want to try and get that closer to 50%.

Yeah well that's high of course...But I don't have my plant with me now I just give exact informations and "to do's" to my friend.
The humidity was 30% 2 weeks ago,so I decided to give a little boost (with a sponge) and was around 60% but the plant is in a place where if rain the external rh is high...and these days rained a lot :dance013:

Before the end we will reduce gradually the rh until it reach 45-50% as you said :)

nice grow yeh i too thought this seed was auto flower genetics you say your flowering schedule is 20/4?? i thought this was a veg light cycle? and 12/12 an around similar times is for flowering?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a pretty cool little grow man. you could fit three of those in there and do a min scrog to improve yield.

like this. it isnt mine I just found it on an image search to use as an example for you.
scrog.jpg

WahFuzz

nice grow yeh i too thought this seed was auto flower genetics you say your flowering schedule is 20/4?? i thought this was a veg light cycle? and 12/12 an around similar times is for flowering?

Yeah it's autoflowering but I did 3 kinds of light cycle just to test the rh,temperature etc...now It's permanent on 20/4.

Btw isn't from a bag.

I'm still newbie on growing, so maybe the next round I'll consider the scrog.
First I want to test...If I like this baby I'll do for sure :)

I hope the next time (I've 2 more seeds ) the plant will be taller with a 150w cfl instead of 2x22w on veg lol

WahFuzz

Update.

Day 56. I know there's a little over fert,we tried to add 5/6ml of fert more than usual.

I think in 13-15 days we're ready to cut,what do you think about ? :)

SAM_0009.JPG

SAM_0011.JPG

SAM_0010.JPG

SAM_0007.JPG

SAM_0005.JPG

SAM_0004.JPG

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I didn't notice this earlier but your temp is a little high, at meter level it is reading 27.7C (~81F) which isn't too bad but it is significantly further from the light/heat source than your canopy which could account for a several degree difference. The plant is showing signs of heat stress based on the upturned leaves. You should move your meter closer to the canopy for a more accurate reading, you may find that your actual temp is much higher than you realize.

I noticed you have two fans on the bottom of your case blowing upward, if you could mount them closer to the canopy you could drop your temp substantially, I would have one blowing directly onto the bulb and/or one blowing across your canopy or the space between it and the light.

WahFuzz

I didn't notice this earlier but your temp is a little high, at meter level it is reading 27.7C (~81F) which isn't too bad but it is significantly further from the light/heat source than your canopy which could account for a several degree difference. The plant is showing signs of heat stress based on the upturned leaves. You should move your meter closer to the canopy for a more accurate reading, you may find that your actual temp is much higher than you realize.

I noticed you have two fans on the bottom of your case blowing upward, if you could mount them closer to the canopy you could drop your temp substantially, I would have one blowing directly onto the bulb and/or one blowing across your canopy or the space between it and the light.

Thank you for the infos,since the plant isn't with me (Im about 2000 kilometers away lol) I can't do that and my friend has only the time to assist the plant.
When we're done I'll improve the case with powerful fans :dance013:

WahFuzz

Update, pics before harvest.

01072011384.jpg

01072011385.jpg

01072011386.jpg

Sorry for the low quality (crappy cell phone lol).

As you can see some leaves are a bit burned because of too much fert,I flushed for about 1 week with just water+final solution (a.h.) and was enough to clean all the soil.

Now the buds are drying,the smell isn't that strong but should be normal...also the little leaves near the buds are full covereds with crystals and resin :)

WahFuzz

Super cute little tree! Congrats on your first harvest.
What's next?

Thank You.

I really don't know,firt's I'll try to smoke this baby and see if I like it..I still have 2 seeds of this one and maybe I'do some guerrilla...
In an offline grow shop a nice girl told me about Northen Lights,good for scrog and very nice indica taste (because the next time I'll try to scrog inside the pc) so I'm very interested in that strain.