What's new

need smoke reports on Blue mystic nirvana

bigAl25

Veteran
i'll let you know after harvest and proper cure. I have read that taking it longer help with the potency, or it may be different phenos are more potent than others. I have 2 going right now and they need 2 to 4 more weeks of flower. Looking forward to the finished product, and I am taking them longer than Nirvana's flower guide.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
I've smoked some. I believe it's Blueberry x Skunk. The high was definitely lacking in the pheno I smoked. The person didn't cure it too well so I can't comment on the taste.

There are many other strains I would recommend first. If you are on a tight pocket and want to go with Nirvana.

Grab AK48 or their white widow. Although you may want to look around some other seed banks before making your decision. There are other options at that price..

pheno

pheno

QUESTION: pheno! I have read this word many times in this forum and it had been use for different meanings, I am not shure what the word means pheno any help please? Thank you

tr1ck_

QUESTION: pheno! I have read this word many times in this forum and it had been use for different meanings, I am not shure what the word means pheno any help please? Thank you

Imagine 2 parents, if they have a lot of kids, none of them will be the same, although they will probably all have a lot of the same traits (They might all be pretty tall, smart, and athletic, but one might have blonde hair, and one might be a brunette, and one might be left handed and the other right handed). Different phenotypes with weed basically refer to the different types of children. With weed there are often a handful of phenotypes you can get from each strain, some of them are more potent than others, some smell more etc.

For example, right now I am running Iced Grapefruit, which as you probably guessed is a cross between Ice, and Grapefruit. Out of my 4 plants, I have 1 plant that is taller than the rest and smells exactly like grapefruit, one that is really short and massively covered in crystals like ice, and then I have 2 that are basically in the middle.

Often times people will pop a bunch of seeds from a strain, and look for their preferred phenotype (whether that may mean strong smell, or heavy yield, or low stretch depends on the individual grower) but then they will keep that plant as a mother and clone so you no longer get phenotype variation like you do from seeds.

G

Graham Purwatt

basically pheno means different expressions of the plant,some lean towards one parent,some lean more towards the other,some are better than both parents, some are a good representation of the 2 combined. i ran 1 pack of nirvana's blue mystic a few years ago and jm420 is correct,at least as far as my 1 pack went. i found a good yeilding grape candy tasting pheno that i kept for a while but just didn't have much potency if i ran her 8 weeks or 10.finally let all the phenos i had go.some had a blueberry smell in veg but didn't come through in the finished product.the grape candy tasting one(think of a box of alexander the grape candies) was my most potent one i found,best all around for that,taste and yield but just didn't do it for me.you may likeit though and you may find something better in a pack if you look and they are cheap.i have paid more for less quality beans for sure before and since then.

just saw tr1ck's post, a better explanation than mine too

Last edited:

HashCat

I did the Blue mystic back in 02'.The buzz was great for daytime use, and had a soft fruity skunk taste. Huge yield like most Nirvana strains. I have grown 12 different Nirvana strains and was impressed with them all. You cant go wrong with Nirvana.
My favorites=
1.New Purple Power
2.Aurora Indica
3.Hawaiian Skunk
Worth growing=
1.Bubblicious
2.Blue Mystic
3.Papaya
4.Pure Power Plant

bigAl25

Veteran
I had 2 blue mystic plants this run. Very small yeilding plants and buds. A good somewhat fruity smell. The one I took first is not very potent. The plant I took a week later is better, but they do not rock your world in the stone department. They have a 2 month cure at this point and I'll try again after 3 month cure to see if they improve.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Blue mystic pheno I ran was sativa leaning and yielded BIG at 65days. Stretched a lot. It turned purple and was simple to trim. Flavor was berry, earthy, with a nice flavor in the background like cheese.

That said it was a 6-7/10 on potency.

HTH
Smiley

A

Aerokush101

Okay dude... here we go. Ignorance is when someone offers you good information and you ignore them, intelligence is when you take in and act on good information... BUY A PACK OF F13/DJShort.

I should good get a lot of REP for this...

Okay dude... here we go. Ignorance is when someone offers you good information and you ignore them, intelligence is when you take in and act on good information... BUY A PACK OF F13/DJShort.

I should good get a lot of REP for this...

Rep for what? Recommending a 150$ pack of seeds to someone asking about 30$ seeds?

A

Aerokush101

No.... Which would you rather do GBG, pay $30 for nothing, or pay $150 and have a pack of beans that you may find something that real is BLUE... and highly potent, and enjoyable... Something that you keep for ages. Like I said, be ignorant if you want to. $150 shows exactly where we are in the WORLD.

By the way, if you had something of good value would you sell it for cheap? Ask your seed company why they are doing it to you. I have over 40 strains, some clone onlys, and my F13 pheno will rip through most of them... ENOUGH SAID. ROOKIES!

LEARN FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS!!!!

I'd rather pay $30 for 1 seed if I knew it was from a quality source.

ive learned that with most things in life you get what you pay for........that being said the next elite could come from any seed

A

Aerokush101

ive learned that with most things in life you get what you pay for........that being said the next elite could come from any seed

Good to know you are repping GRINDHOUSE seeds... _____ X TangTang huh? lmao... look at my quote, now get out of here...

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
you mad??

....yea, you mad....

Blue Mystic isnt bad for the $30 if youre just getting into it. No blue taste to it, just light lemon and a light potency high.

Dont listen to homie who says you have to pay $150 for good beans(especially only 10), it just means you got screwed by these internet breeders...For $60 Grindhouse beans have trumped most of the breeders I have tried this year....It not about the cost, its about the state of mind of the breeder, cash cropping or quality for customers...

In my time popping seeds, i've noticed one thing..seeds arent always what they seem, so dont limit yourself. A good breeder will be able to bring out the good pheno's, so there's less searching. A bad breeder will insure you must buy multiple packs of seeds to find what youre looking for. Regardless of anything theres searching to be involved and nobody can tell you what you like, you know when you find them

...And quality doesnt have to cost an arm and a leg...Look at the SF auctions....

Good to know you are repping GRINDHOUSE seeds... _____ X TangTang huh? lmao... look at my quote, now get out of here...

Haaaaaaaaaaaa says the guy who names his seed company after a mtv show........

picture.php

His flagship strain is called jersey shore

picture.php

now get to seppin son.......the adults are talking here.....

A

Aerokush101

you mad??

....yea, you mad....

Blue Mystic isnt bad for the $30 if youre just getting into it. No blue taste to it, just light lemon and a light potency high.

Dont listen to homie who says you have to pay $150 for good beans(especially only 10), it just means you got screwed by these internet breeders...For $60 Grindhouse beans have trumped most of the breeders I have tried this year....It not about the cost, its about the state of mind of the breeder, cash cropping or quality for customers...

In my time popping seeds, i've noticed one thing..seeds arent always what they seem, so dont limit yourself. A good breeder will be able to bring out the good pheno's, so there's less searching. A bad breeder will insure you must buy multiple packs of seeds to find what youre looking for. Regardless of anything theres searching to be involved and nobody can tell you what you like, you know when you find them

...And quality doesnt have to cost an arm and a leg...Look at the SF auctions....

Cost is relative to the buyer, if 150 is a lot for you... RELATE TO IT, DON'T BUY ANY... Can't afford the new whip, don't cop one... Can't get that new crib... don't get it. But with everything else, COST is always relative to the buyer, some people can and others just watch from the sideline... Others say, it doesn't make that much sense to charge that much for a seed...

You guys sound like my old uncles that used to argue, NFL players shouldn't get paid so much to play football... No...COST is relative.
You can play with the Bengals, or you can WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS with PATRIOTS... (just an example)... TangTang X __________ = ?

Let me just ask, is Ultra Sonja better than UKCheese? Better, not just as good? Better? Is Mob Boss better than ChemD? Is Ancient Afghani really a keeper in todays market? Just asking... I know the answer.

How about this? IS CHEM D THAT GOOD? No... so hold your thought, I have it.

Ancient Afghan
Circa 84-85

This Afghan, though undocumented on it's exact origins, has been cultivated in north-central California since 1984-'85. Not sweet, but imparting a menthol, Christmas spice, pine, green apple, pepper, light hash and light skunk aromas and palette.

The head of this one is not hammer like, but brings a tranquil mind-set. Though she is not huge on taste or punishing in stone, it is classic pot that is perfect for outcrossing to select individuals.It's non dominating and produces predictable results.

How do you sell that? I'm not a troll, just a Realist.

AGAIN... READ MY SIGNATURE... I read yours...

MadCow

U sell that to someone who is looking to make crosses with their elite cuts, meaning seed breeders. This way they can beed out the afi somewhat quickly as they do their backcrossing work. I cant imagine anyother reason for this plant being sold today other than for someone looking for a mild high or nostalgia. That being said ive grown alot of nirvana seeds, blue mystic being one, it is a weak high, weak smell, though a pretty color depending on the pheno. i would never run it again, but thats just me. Nirvana has some decent stuff but is not anywhere near og's, sours, chems, or any of the elite cuts and seeds at the top of the market. IMO

Latest posts

Latest posts