What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3600w nice dreams

R

RedRain

Hello

I am starting a 3000w flower and 600w veg grow. I will be using a soil and coco mix for my medium and House and Garden by Van de Zwaan for my food. The grow will be in an 8X8 room using 2 grow tents. Water room will be in a closet and pumped to a wand using a little giant pump. I am using a ductless split to cool the room, and fans to exchange the air between the flower tent and veg tent. I will probably be starting 100 bubba kush clones (local cut, BC), and popping some of my seedbay wins.

I will be documenting the build and assembly of my room and the install of my A/C system. I will also be posting updated of my progress and crops. One last thing to purchase is a digital camera, which will be happening in the next day or 2. lol

Seedbay Seeds:

Serious Seeds-White Russian
Reservoir Seeds-Killer Queen Kush, Trainwreck Kush
CSG-Chem Wreck Kush
D420-Purple Kush V2.0, Purple Candy
Mandala Seeds-Ganesh, Sadhu
Freebies-Nah Trang X Meao Freebies, original hazeXskunk#1, chem D X spacedawg

Equipment:
1.5 ton Fujitsu Ductless split w/inverter
3X 1000w digital ballast with rectangle closed hood
1X 600w digital ballast with rectangle closed hood
Blue Lab Guardian PH/PPM/TEMP meter
water cooled co2 burner (propane)
Little Giant pump
condensate pump to collect and reuse condensate from dehum and AC
Honeywell DH60 dehumidifier
Vortex 10" blower
rheostat for blower
4X 8" Honeywell fans
Can 75 38 special
Sunhut 8X4 tent
Sunhut 4X4 tent
Full lineup of food from House and Garden Soil Program

The plants will be flowered in 1 gal pots, veged for 5-7 days and flipped immediately. I will be keeping moms and cloning in the 4x4 tent.

I will be posting pics of everything and will be doing a diary for the length of this show. I am going to pop a few seeds from 2 of the packs to start off. I am leaning towards the white russian and the Purple candy. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 7

phog

Veteran
looks like you got your shit together! sadhu was pretty nice-i dont think it will mash you like the other seeds you have though. Still- i vote for sadhu and purple kush2.0.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
what kinda amps you got backing that grow up? dedicated 50amp would serve that room right...im also planning a 3600 flowering room with another 1k for veg and AC. im runnig this off two 20 amp dedicated 120v, a 15a dedicated 240v, and a 30amp dryer for backup...

R

RedRain

I am having someone build me a little panel. Lucky for me my main breaker system is in the same room as my show. I am using an 2X intermatic timer, 240v plugs for lights, 240v for my split as well and 120v for everything else. I will have high heat shut off as well. From looking at startup and running amps of my split, ballasts, dehum, vortex, pumps, fans my electrician said I will have no problem.

phog- i guess you grew sadhu? how was the yield? taste? was it worth it? for the price i thought the genetics looked pretty sweet

phog

Veteran
yea i did a few runs of it. i had alot of variation but the yield was a little above average, structure varied from short to tall, most smelled very candy fruity in flower. lots of trichs (sadhu was named top hash strain by Skunk magazine ). taste was a little spicy and skunky/earthy. also it was incredibly easy to grow. the high was a very happy buzz, alot of people liked it

R

RedRain

So I am getting a nice Fuji DSLR camera tomorrow, so I will post my progress, lots of stuff has changed LOL

First thing that threw me off is that my tents are not the size that the manufacturer said they were. They are .5 ft longer and .5ft wider. That may not seem too big a deal, but its a huge deal to me. I ended up swapping bedrooms so I can squeeze both tents into a room. I must say the quality of these tents are pretty schweet!!

I will be posting pics tomorrow for sure!! Stay tuned

R

RedRain

Ok so, I got my 4x8 tent setup in my room,,wow is it huge...the quality of the tent seems to be good, but there are still light leaks where the stitching is on the tent. I am using a 10" vortex to pull air from my 4X8 tent and my 4X4 tent. I will get the smallest can filter 38 special series to be on the intake of both tents. I have 10" ducting going to my can 75 38 special.
I am dumping my ductless split for 2 18000 BTU portable 2 hose exhaust portable A/C's. I was not too happy about this, but it will save me $2400!!! Not to mention the stealthy-ness of not having an outdoor unit. I hope I will not regret this. I am using a Ranco 120v temp stat with remote probe to act as my high heat shut off. I have it rigged to shut off power to the lights if the temp goes over 89 F. I was too busy today to get my digital camera, but I will be getting it tomorrow. Lots of pics to follow!!

I setup my res today, and after calibrating my bluelab guardian it seems that my water here is @ 8.5 ph. I hope this wont cause too many problems.

I am using a digital ballast @ 120v. I am currently using a 1000w phillips HPS for my 1k ballast, but I will soon switch to 1000 w hortilux. I have a 600w MH veg conversion bulb for my veg tent.

I am planning on creating a bed system using 2X6's for my flowering chamber. I was planning on using 3X 1000w digitals in the 4.5X8.5ft grow space, but people are telling me to stop at 2X1000w. I am going to be vegging 80 plants for 5 days in the 4.5X8.5 tent and then flipping them. Do you guys think that is too much light? What is your opinion?

R

RedRain

Ok so I still have no camera, but I promise to get one tomorrow. I was gifted 4 bubba kush clones for a buddy, and another 9 bubba clones from another friend. Right now 1 of the 9 is looking pretty bad, we'll see if it makes it.

So i had a board made up with high-heat shut offs, contactor, timer etc. I go to put the breaker in my panel and wire everything up. What I didn't know is that the supply to my panel is 3 phase,,and all my plugs are 108v or 208 v. I am having my electrician come over tomorrow to sort all this out.

I'll update once I have everything sorted.

Stay tuned!

R

RedRain

4 clones are bubba cuts from a close buddy,, they are the 4 lanky ones.....it looks like one will not make it

of the 9 other bubba cuts, 1 looks like its not gonna make it either. They are in a 1 part promix, 1 part canna cocco, and 1 part worm castings mix.

I am using 2X10 to build beds, they will be lined with poly. I have had a long day making hash. I have posted some pics of the finished hash drying below.

My electrician is coming tomorrow to figure out the 208/240 power thing, and I will hang my ballasts etc. I still have to setup the 4x4 tent, but I am waiting for my power to be sorted out first.

Enjoy the pics.

R

RedRain

finished hanging my board and made a nice shelf for my digital ballasts...I used a small honeywell fan to move air over the ballast. I hope this helps keep em nice and cool.

got my beds made and my 2nd ac installed...I used 2X10 lengths to construct my beds. Soil mix was 1.5 bags of worm castings, 2 bags of canna coco, 2.5 bags of promix.

R

RedRain

so I got my veg tent setup next to my flower tent.

just waiting on my cuts to pop em into the dirt. right now my bubba clones are just chilling out waiting to be transplanted into 3 gal pots

R

RedRain

here are my mom clones at day 6 in my tent. I am prob gonna kill the 2 weak ones. My temps are rock solid @ 76. My rez is sitting at 68-69F

I should be getting 80 cuttings of bubba to fill my beds either tomorrow or saturday, just waiting on the person....

R

RedRain

so I am getting my 80 bubba cuts tomorrow, but I have my landlord doing a yearly inspection next week...doh!!! so no biggie, I sure am glad I havent put my cuts in the bed yet. I am going to get 80 1 gals and let them chill in them for 1 week. Luckily my setup is easy to break down and hide. So no planting in beds yet, I will update tomorrow with more pics. My mom plants are doing amazing!! The roots are growing out of the 1 gal and into the bed below already lol. I am just feeding them a lil super thrive and water for now. 6.2 ph and 68-69F water.

R

RedRain

I got my bubba cuts into 1 gal square pots. They are doing just great!! My mom plants are really growing well under the MH bulb lots of new growth, nice and squat.

R

RedRain

^^thanks gooey! k+ to u
so my clones/moms are under 24 hours of light. I have my moms under a 600w MH 7200K bulb, and my 80 clones are under 1000w hortilux bulb. Oh if you are wondering...where is the chem D X space dawg?? Well I am going to pop 5 of those beans once the inspection is done! Enjoy the pics!!

R

RedRain

so everything is doing ok...i was giving my moms a bit too much water and the leaves were curling down. I have let them dry out and they seem to be doing much better. No new pics right now too tired.

R

RedRain

so I gave my plants 1st feeding today, the clones had a little yellowing on the leaves from the roots taking all the nitrogen to grow...I was mistaken, it was that the 1000w hortilux was too close. I had it 2 ft away, but since they were just used to flouro's the HPS was too close. I have backed it off a bit.

my moms still dont need any water

jtk707

How many lightw will you use to flower and will temps be a prob . I am tryn to figure out wether to go with 3000 watts and a 4 x 8 tent or 4000 watts and a 8x8 tent thanks for the good info and good luck

R

RedRain

jtk707-
Hey man, I originally wanted to use 3X1000w bulbs to flower in my 4X8 tent,but I ended up only using 2X1000w bulbs. I have 2X18,000 BTU A/C units and a 60pint honeywell dehumidifier. My temps are solid 73-75 F and 29% humidity.
are u using A/C's? air cooled? The only way i would use 3000w in a 4X8 is if I went vertical.

My inspection was a breeze, so we are full steam ahead. I just gave my plants a dose of einstien oil and water on the leaves to hopefully prevent any PM,and bugs. I will update with pics on Monday.

Latest posts

Latest posts