What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Poundage:)

Fuoco Pines

I have been asking people I know what they think you can pull off of a 1000w light.

The standard answer appears to be 1-1.5 lbs per 1000 watt light.

Anyone want to chime in?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what do you want to hear 10 pounds?

Yes bro you will get 10 pounds even though everyone else gets 1 - 2 pounds, there now are you happy? ;)

bendoslendo

I pull 10# of 1K in my sleep.

...and only in my sleep ;)

Yes Fuoco 1-1.5 lbs per 1K is a good rule of thumb. Much variance in outcomes though, many variables, many variables.

Fuoco Pines

Baby ruth

Baby ruth

you guys crack me up.

I said one lb....

Where did the animosity/10 lbs come from?

Simmer down now...

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i think you can harvest enough to smoke and have till next harvest with some extras to gift, just grow lots of diff stuff , id rather have 12 ounces of mixed greens than 24 of the same weed, peace

250wscrogger

Some people with proper vert setups can hit 2-2.5lbs per light on a regular basis.
A horizontal 1000w over a 4x4 footprint won't yield more than 20-28oz per light no matter what you do or what strain you run. People who go 5x5 per light seem to always pull atleast 1.5lbs per 1k.

Fuoco Pines

Variables:

Any technique you personally use to increase yield?

I guess I would have to add light mover to my list...

This is not intended to address genetics. I am simply asking, how do you get the best yields possible for your situation.

Sugars....

D

DHF

Go read my post in the " Is vertical the most efficient setup" thread.....

Don`t know howta quote and post it here.......Pretty sure it`ll answer your questions bout what some folks are doing regularly.....just not advertised online.....

And although strain dependent , it also takes runs under the belt/grower experience , and way more than 1-1.5 lbs per 1KW is available if yas have the mind ta make it happen with increased plant numbers.........

Peace......DHF.........:ying:........

S

stony2

depends hugely on genetics and how big youre gonna let your plants grow. many people think plant size doesnt matter for yield. that is wrong. i'd say 70-80cm (30 inch) is a good height for yield

and dont obsess yourself too much with only lbs per watt. i'd rather have a 1 week veg and 9 weeks flower grow with average yield than a 4 weeks veg and 10 weeks flower grow with high yield. better have a little less yield than someone, but do 3 grows in the time he does 2

HUGE

Veteran
i have a 2k setup that has been between 2.75 and 7 #'s. mostly 3 but i did have a freak run of bagseed that went almost 7#'S BUT THE SMOKE WASNT THAT GOOD.

praisehim.

Veteran
i've seen 3 off a thousand watts. 3.3 i think it was. 1.5 is generally good for a thousand watts. but if you can pull two ounces for every plant in your room,your doing good. thats my rule... 2 z's every plant.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need 16 plants under a quality 1k watt HPS reflector like a Sun Systems Super Sun hood with a Hortilux bulb, all plants in at least 3 gallon size pots in 1 square foot of space each in a 4 x 4 area or slightly larger and you can pull 2 oz's or more per plant which = 2 pounds or so under 1 light which is a very respectable yield in a standard non-vertical garden.

Best bet is to grow from known high producing clones so everything is consistent and that are top cola dominant strains (like Sweet Tooth or LUI) the plants should be around 18" to 24" before switching to 12/12 and trim off the lower sucker branches to focus growth on the top colas instead of more smaller fluffy lower buds that weigh far less. Also enrich the environment with CO2 and surround the garden with reflective mylar for maximum yields possible. That's how we do it in California you dirty hippy. :canabis:

u cant go wrong with 16 3-gallon pots of coco in a 4x4(handwater)....like sotf420, veg until u get to about 18-24inches..you'll know after your first run if u wanna keep them on the shorter side.

ive seen a few different growing methods but i must say this is probably the easiest method and produces great yields even if u have a low yielder. i hit 2lbs+2oz with SLH...

Latest posts

Latest posts