What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

LEDGirl

Veteran
VG: Here is the photo compilation I was talking about: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3418167&postcount=17

I know the plants are all in various stages of growth, but that's ok as long as I can have a photo of all of them say once per week? :) I'll be following and documenting this grow much like I did your 63W which is also a part of the photo compilation. You do great work and it would certainly help us a bit if you could do 1 photo post per week showing all 4 plants. Thanks VG :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Benji, Sleepy, BaS - thanks guys, i can see predators on the leaves of the Bb but i can see many more mites. i took my last chance and sprayed it with need today and i'll probably do so again in a few days. hopefully the predator population will survive as thats the only plant i neemed (it seemed to have nearly all the mites on it - they obviously have good taste ;) )

---

heres some pics - first the lemon thai at 32 days
picture.php

blueberry at 27 days
picture.php

Power Plant at 17days
picture.php

and Northern Lights at 11 days
picture.php

cheers

VG

MeanBean

Thanks for the update V, the action is starting to happen! I know it's gotta be a bit trickey to remeber the exact flower time for each of those lol!

BORNaSMOKER

Hey VG,

Hope you deal with them mites asap!! I had preadators as a precaution from the start. As all my houseplants were infested with mites (which I threw out) I feared the worse. SO far no probs (touch wood).

what I did find useful in my last place was plant vitality plus from grotec, expensive but well worth it in the end. I thought it looked a bit like neem oil but found it worked better for longer. All I did was spray once then again after a couple of days and it seemed to completley nip the mites in the bud. As there's only a few girls to deal with you should consider and picking the bitches off then spraying the room, plants and soil with a good drench of neem or what i mentioned before.

Powerplant looks like it hasn't stretched much yet???? all looking good though.

BaS

ps you never said if you found the powerplant burns easy?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MeanBean - thanks, yeah i was looking forward to starting a whole crop at the same time but it hasnt panned out that way - so it goes :D

BaS - cant say ive ever burned the Powerplant, tbh my soil mix isnt that hot and has never burned anything really, i just use large amounts of it in big pots so the plant is in control of how much food it needs - it can just grow more roots into the medium to get more food or not. no-one knows better what a plant needs than the plant itself. ;)

LEDGirl - no problem :tiphat:

VG.

SupraSPL

Hey Verdant, grow is looking good! I really like the look of those LT.

I have been experimenting with mites ever since they showed up uninvited about 6 months ago. Depending on the size of your grow, if you kill off the obvious adults first (running the leaf through your fingers/neem etc), it will give the predators a better chance to take control. It has been very helpful is to make sticky traps on the stems. I tried different types of tape but vaseline is by far the best option. Dozens of them get trapped and it really slows down their breeding and spreading progress. In my case it bought me just enough time to finish flowering. Best of luck!

ewww sticky mite trap

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mrred - sure, now that the later plants are getting past the training phase and budding up, ill post some canopy shots.

redspaghetti - thanks!

SupraSPL - thanks for the tips, i will pick a few off and ive ordered another natural product called 'pest off' which sounds like it can be used in budding. not sure the vaseline would work that well for me because the plants are all touching in many different places, but i do use it inside my ducting to stop mites crawling off my weed that is drying and back into the grow (my passive intake is in a built in wardrobe in my bedroom and i use it to dry my buds because the smell gets taken away ;) )

Tatz, unjust - thanks for stopping by!

cheers

VG

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
verdaNt
Howzit brother..?? I guess i am addicted to clean setups.. Love the scrog method in the first place but yours is very well kept.. thanx for sharing bbl to peek some more.. I didt remember seeing in other pages how long you vegged for before they go under screen? peace n pufs.

sackO

BORNaSMOKER

I guess it must be the soil I buy then, looking forward trying your mix out. Hope pest off works for you bud ;) Did you look at nite nite spider mite from the same peeps??

barth

Great job as always. Hope you get those pests under control soon. Looks like a minor problem as of now.

Thanks for the help over on my diary.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sackoweed - thanks for stopping by - going pretty well so far except the mites but hopefully i can keep them at bay.
veg times vary depending on strain. my Blueberry is very stretchy and only needs 2-3 weeks whereas some like the Power plant or cheese can veg for 6 weeks or so as they dont stretch much (the screen gets fitted at the same time as they get flipped to 12/12 - they also get a big repot at the same time which encourages stretch and screen fill ;)

BORNaSMOKER - i googled the nite nite stuff but couldnt really find it. yeah fingers crossed this will work. the neem oil i used on the blueberry has browned the hairs a bit but hopefully it will keep growing and make more hairs -fingers crossed. really i was stupid to try something new like the predators in a 'test grow' like this. i presumed because they cost quite a lot that they would work well - it has not been the case.

barth - thanks - yes the mites arent too bad yet and hopefully i can keep it that way.

VG