What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
unjust - sounds like you are kicking it with your LED's! - early days yet here but so far so good :)

Trichgnomes -most of my strains go between 60 and 70 days - the big repot when i fit the screen and go to 12/12 in this cab tends to delay flowering a little and encourage stretch to fill the screens. 1g/watt has been a minimum yield with my scrogs in this cab under the 250 HID. i'll double check the specific yields but i think the Blueberry and Powerplant both yielded 1.2-1.3 gpw. the Lemon thai i havent run before but is supposed to be a decent yielder.
on paper the 205 LED should out-yield the 250 HID, but what is also of interest to me is the reduced heat, reduced fire hazard and the quality of the smoke - my first impressions with the MMG i ran under the LED in my micro cab was that the smoke quality might have been a bit better than HPS.

apollonio - yep we are almost at the stage when i stop worrying about whether or not they are going to stretch enough and i can start worrying about whether they are going to stretch too much - happy days :D

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Is it me....or does LT #4 seems to have a lot more budsites than all the other plants?

Seeing the BB shot next to the LTs really shows the Thai influence in the leaf shape....you see so many Blueberrys with the claw...but never in this growshow!

Plants looking tanfastic as always....pictures of health. You certainly set the bar high, man.

Can't wait to see you rock the KC in a couple of months!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey! - the LT4 certainly has more budsites than the LT1 which isnt as stretchy. im still debating whether to lower the screen an inch or two on the LT1.

funny you should say about the blueberry and thai influence - the lemon thai has leaves closer to my Blueberry than anything else i've grown - and with all the foxtailing etc of my Bb cut the general consensus is that it's more thai influenced whereas most Bb is moe oaxican dominant. the Bb is a stretch monster and hasnt even got going yet - it seems to veg for a week or two in 12/12 and then stretch for another 2 or 3 weeks! there should be plenty of budsites on it by then if it still fits in the cab ;)

yeah the KC im looking forward to - gonna veg them up for a while too :)

cheers mate

VG

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

awesome verdant style modular scrog

P

Pallydin

Hey V. Thanks loads for your help in the infirmary. I've been reading your grows through start to finish - and you basically have the set up I dream of - the ability to grow a couple of different strains in a limited space.

Very inspiring stuff. Thanks for all your time and generosity in documenting this.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I'm on board for this one for sure. Your a hell of a grower VerdantGreen. I'm envious of your work.

Hashy1

Hey V I'm sure it is on one of your other threads and i just missed it but could you list the soil mix you use? I have been debating to mix up my own soil or goto coco. I'm a lazy pothead and the coco would be a lot of mixing nutes. So i think soil that i don't need to add many if any nutes too would be the way to go for me. I can manage the mixing of soil once every now and then. do you use a different mix for veg, flower and your moms? thanks.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pallydin, catman, thanks guys, yeah things have been growing great recently for me - i think the cab itself gives a good stable environment which helps and you also need a bit of luck ;)

Hashy1 - here is my organic soil mix

3 parts peat
2 parts topsoil
2 parts coco
3 parts perlite
1 part mushroom compost
1 part wormcasts

dolomite lime 5g/litre
N guano - 4g/litre
P guano - 4g/litre veg, 8g/litre flower
Rock phosphate 5g/l
rock potash 5g/l
seaweed meal 5g/l

the bat guano amounts change a little with strain. for instance the Blueberry has less N guano in the mix - but that standard mix has worked for pretty much everything i have grown and i just refine it a little as i get strains dialled in.

feeding is often not necessary but i use biobizz bloom sometimes if i think they need it and molasses at 1 teaspoon/gallon a couple of times in late flowering. bear in mind i also use big pots for the cab size - 4 gallons each atm

i should have a picture update tomorrow

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hashy - i'll post some more stuff about the soil soon :)

---

well its been an eventful day in the quarters,

here is the lemon thai 4 at a nominal 21 days (25 days since flip but they didnt show sex for a few after that..
looking pretty nice
picture.php

and LT1 looking not so convincing at 21 days
picture.php

and then i saw that there were some male flowers forming. not many yet but i pulled it anyway. so it goes. apparently the f2's that these f3's were made of were herming all over the place so 1 out of 4 females to herm would be pretty good if it stays that way and props to bodhi's selections - better than mine so far because this was my favorite in veg ;). Lemon thai 1 is an ex weed plant, it has ceased to be :D
picture.php

Blueberry at 16 days and starting to bud up. i had a bit of a wrestle with it after this and the canopy should be ok
picture.php

Power Plant at 1 week looking ok
picture.php

so we were left with a gap situation - but not for long - enter 'the substitute' - a slightly over vegged Northern Lights
picture.php

and after nearly having to sit on it to fit the screen it looked like this :D
yikes!
picture.php

you can see some signs of mites in the pics, hopfully the predators will catch up soon...

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yes the canopy at close of play today - back half a bit further on than the front

picture.php

barth

Looking good as always. To bad about the hermi. Good thing you had a back up. Judging from your pictures today your NL is fitting right in. :)

I can only imagine wrestling with a smaller screen then i use. I do like how you have your screen. I am going to something similar once my current plants are done. I dont like the chicken wire. It cuts and defores the leaves pretty badly.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks barth, yes i can imagine the chicken wire shreds the leaves a bit. my mesh is about 1.5" x 3" - a bit big maybe but easy to move the branches/budsites around.

VG.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
VG! this 205 grow is going soo well!

can you just drop some opinion of it so far?

are you 'right on sched' compared to hid grows in the past?
a little ahead? a little behind? not counting the new plant of course.

all the side by sides show LEDs killing hid in veg...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fingaz! - thanks for checking in mate! :tiphat:

kava - welcome!

one Q - hi - its a little early to say at this point but i certainly dont see anything lacking in the growth so far. perhaps a little less stretch which would be a good thing tbh. the blueberry is deceiving though as it usually keeps stretching for quite a while. the pp has only been in a week or so but it looks happy enough.

VG.