What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home Depot / Lowes Nutrients & Soil

You won't find the best supplies there. But if you must.....Miracle Grow Organic Mix and if yer lucky and live somewhere besides New England, maybe ProMix.

B

Bud Bug

Home Depot carries ProMix HP and sometime Sunshine #4. Go with one of those for the dirt. Home Depot also carries GH grow/bloom/micro so you're set there or see if they have Maxi Grow and MaxiBloom.

If you can find it they might have smaller packages of Peters/Scotts 5-50-17/20-20-20/10-30-20 which can be used to growing and I know a few guys over the years that did pretty good using Peters/Scotts powdered food.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I get everything at Lowes...and make do....MG, fish shit, perlite, etc....it's simple trial & error.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Is Alaska Fish Fertilizer a good vegetative fertilizer?

It's 5-1-1 ratio, should the P&k be a little higher or no?

I put a drop or two in a pint of water and shake well. I water with this combo in veg. Seems; to be enough for the vegging cycle.

Muddy

Lowes also carries MG Blood and Bone meal. Blood meal is good for veg, bone meal for flower. Especially useful for guerilla grows where you can't feed regularly.

i would rather get something from home depot than the grow store, your sitting duck overthere just waiting to be tailed home, be warned.

JOJO420

Veteran
Hi, wanted to say YES to the Alaska 5-1-1 ferts. They veg plants just fine. I also have had great success with the Kellogg's brand Patio Plus soil. Its all organic, contains all the good stuff. It was only 5 bucks or so a bag also. Good luck.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude, you need Miracle Gro Organic Soil, add some extra vermiculite in.

For fert's use all the organic Miracle Gro gear, they make very good stuff. :joint:

M

mexilandrace

I use home depot, here is my soil recipe:

One 3.8 cbf bale of peat
One bag of compost, whatever they have, I use locally made compost they sell there.
3 bags of MG perlite
4 cups espoma pelletized lime
2 cups espoma plantone

The 5-1-1 works fine for veg, it's a little hot so go easy on it till you get a feel.

The bloom booster made by them also works well it's 0-10-10, I like to use a little more nitrogen early in flower so I use a little of the fish emulsion first month of flower then cut all nitrogen off.

I didn't buy it at home depot but I supplement all this with maxi-crop and some age old grow/bloom if I have them around. I have done full grows though with the above and they went great.

Muddy

Use Blood Meal at time of transplant. It's 10-0-0 so good for veg. Use their recommended rate which, if memory serves me right, is 1 teaspoon per square foot. You can add the bone meal once they start flowering.

Do you mix the bone meal directly in the soil that your transplanting to?

Muddy

Yes, they sell other chemical fertilizers that will work. Far as I know the Miracle Grow Organics are the only organic fertilizers they sell. Look at tomato or African Violet fertilizers, I believe they are higher in P and K and should work. Personally, I'm 100% organic.

Theres nothing I can feed with during flower at home depot besides bone/blood meal meal?

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Lambert Potting Mix is a ready to use potting mix. It is made of high quality component for use by both amateur and expert growers. This general purpose mix is pH adjusted and can be used for indoor and outdoor planting. It is available with several packaging options.
peat moss
coarse perlite
limestone
dolomite
starter charge
wetting agent

it doesn't get much better than this :dance013: I promise to never give this info out a long time ago so enjoy and grow on lol:wave: