What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

SLEEPY: Thanks for the info. Looks like it would fin in a small space too. I figure your LED project should be almost done late Feb. beginning March 2010. Can't wait to watch the grow and see the result. I've seen a LED panel similar to the same dimensions. The one I saw the spectrum can be adjusted from veg. light to flower light. The only real advetisement for LED growing are the UFO ones. I've read a few of those UFO reviews and the UFO users were almost all negitive. Kinda like the consumers were looking for more than what they paid for. They said the UFO worked but no different than CFL's. Most were going back to HID/HPS systems. Still using the LED for supplemental lighting. Thanks again. Sleepy keep "Growin down the road feelin fine".

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would LOVE to go LED,. no heat, the money saved on power,.. but as everyone is wondering, does it really work as well? (or at least close enough to justify) so im subscribed to this thread for sure.

Yeah there is no heat what so ever coming off of the units. Before I was always worried about my top end temps and now my worry is the bottom end and trying to keep them warm enough.

But come June-July and August when I couldn't grow before because of being to warm inside no is not going to be a problem for me anymore.

S_a_H

Attachments

• S60 013 [1024x768].jpg
    S60 013 [1024x768].jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 33

DIYer

Yeah there is no heat what so ever coming off of the units. Before I was always worried about my top end temps and now my worry is the bottom end and trying to keep them warm enough.

But come June-July and August when I couldn't grow before because of being to warm inside no is not going to be a problem for me anymore.

S_a_H

So what's the idea behind these lights? What supposedly makes them work as well as a 400W HPS?..and would you say they do in fact compare to a 400W HPSS_a_H? There obviously not over powering plants with light so is it just the specific red and blue spectrum that make these work? From the n00b platform im standing on (especially when it comes to LED's since ive never used them) it blows my itty bitty mind to think just a few small LED lights (i mean there arent even that many in the ones being used here) can grow a plant as good as my 400W HPS. Sure would love to switch though it there as good. Id run them off solar panels just because if i bought them! lol

Did you do a journal growing under these LED's S_a_H? I'm still interested in anyone who has links to other grows exclusively using these lights to scope out there yields.

Sleepy

Veteran
more info...

more info...

What would be your average yields be in this setup with a traditional light, for a comparison?

here you go, NT:

here are some examples of what the light has to live up to, and my usual results under the T5 for vegging and the 400 watt HPS for flowering:

i usually run between 8-10 plants under the HPS...and get roughly an ounce or so per plant...

peace.

Weezard!!...glad to have you...i followed your instructions...i will check on them later. thanks!!
medi-useA...yes, i think i remember LEDGirl posting that the plug ends will be customized for destination country/voltage configuration...excellent post!!
DIYer!!>>yep, the entire test grow from seed to harvest will be done with this unit...there are some other grows featuring LEDGirl'slights, i will get a link...here you go>>>http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=145006....as i stated before, my test will not be a 'head-to-head' test, but you can check out some of my other grows to see what i am capable of using one 400 watt bulb...
hazy!!...i would feel exactly the same way, my friend...glad you are here for the show!!:woohoo:
medmaker420!!>>follow the link above, and check out LEDGirl's forum sub section...lots of info there. i think you will find whatever info you seek about LED growing!!...no, i have never grown the ICE before...i have grown some female seeds, though (from FEMALE SEEDS as well as MAGUS GENETICS)...never a problem...always happy with my results...thanks for the compliment, too.
Graceweed!!!>>Ciao...bella!!! hehehe grazie!!! happy to see you, grace!!!
karmasabitch!!>>yep...the timing sounds about right for a finish...you have done your homework...interesting...thanks for coming back!!
S_a_H!!!>>>wow, that looks great!!! nice setup!!!

i have not been in to check on things today...so that's about it for now.

peace.

Sleepy

Veteran
slow it down a little...

slow it down a little...

So what's the idea behind these lights? What supposedly makes them work as well as a 400W HPS?..and would you say they do in fact compare to a 400W HPSS_a_H? There obviously not over powering plants with light so is it just the specific red and blue spectrum that make these work? From the n00b platform im standing on (especially when it comes to LED's since ive never used them) it blows my itty bitty mind to think just a few small LED lights (i mean there arent even that many in the ones being used here) can grow a plant as good as my 400W HPS. Sure would love to switch though it there as good. Id run them off solar panels just because if i bought them! lol

Did you do a journal growing under these LED's S_a_H? I'm still interested in anyone who has links to other grows exclusively using these lights to scope out there yields.

we have just started testing these lights...none of us have used them before...

check out LEDGirl's sub-forum and you should be able to find all the answers there.

i am not trying to be a dick...sorry.

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
duder you are the first person on this site that will be doing an LED grow that I can see that will be a good control and I think that most cats will have no problem trusting the results.....I know our FUCKEM brother Whiskey T had some LED experience.

good on ya brother.

peace
jip

Cant wait to see how they do, LEDS are very new to me. Personally always thought they belonged in arcade machines just kidding:nanana: im a little optimistic but they should perform as good as cfls if not better. Ill be sticking around for the results:lurk: peace

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Love the setup sleepy, great to see the pics setup already. Now to wait a couple months and track the progress

SWEET!!!!!!

go leds go.

Apollonia

Wow, I finally found the thread!

I've heard about your experiment for a while, I'm so excited to see how it goes.

As for the specific light you're using, I must say I've done at least 1 1/2 years research on these LED grow lamps and if anyone is going to cut it, it is this one.

I was instantly attracted to the manufacturer giving a realistic coverage footprint & appraisal of the watts needed for results without an asterisk. Sounds basic, but often isn't the case with most LED companies I've seen.

I've only used my LEDs for Veg (and continue to use them for Veg & mommy maintenance) but they sure are plug & play where I'm always fiddling with my flower room environmental controls. Based on your test, I'll consider either a complete switchover or at least partial use for expansion of my flower room. I'll be watching this thread closer than my own!

Best of luck & thank you for the experiment!

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
im in i always wondered how good they do and i know your a great grower with skillz brother.i suscribed good luck hehe not that you'll need it

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I have no science to back it up, nor have I used these exact lights but am gonna put my 2 cents in anyway. when you look at her example grows in ledgirls posts. before she was advertising here and you all had your lights. all the grow shows use more than one lamp to get a decent amount of coverage. I will buy that the light makes buds as well as an HPS, but I lay long odds on it having the foot print or the penetration to equal a 400 watt HPS. I will also say I would bet that it is the most LED for the money and I would buy one, but like CFL's I expect you need several of them.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I have no science to back it up, nor have I used these exact lights but am gonna put my 2 cents in anyway. when you look at her example grows in ledgirls posts. before she was advertising here and you all had your lights. all the grow shows use more than one lamp to get a decent amount of coverage. I will buy that the light makes buds as well as an HPS, but I lay long odds on it having the foot print or the penetration to equal a 400 watt HPS. I will also say I would bet that it is the most LED for the money and I would buy one, but like CFL's I expect you need several of them.

I don't know about that... been to a concert lately? most large touring bands are using LED lights now. I just caught 3 phish shows this week... trust me, the lights were penetrating as fuck. :yoinks: I think LEDs have a lot of potential and LEDgirl's company could be on the verge of really showing us the future of growing..

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After the way LED girl was treated in her thread im hoping this product kicks ass and shuts all those jerkoffs up!

Latest posts

Latest posts