What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetBOG

Hi folks, please let us know your CO dispensary experiences and hopefully we can all find which ones to go to and which to avoid.

Here is what I've found in the Boulder-Denver area:

First the good....

Boulder Alternative Medicine
BoulderMeds.com

Great place! Usually have at least 10 different strains for various budgets. Anywhere from $8 a gram for great tiny mix of nugs from the bottom of bags for rolling, all the way to $17 a gram for some of the best bud CO dispensaries have to offer. These guys are so cool that if you buy a gram or two, they'll actually CUT THE BUDS OFF THE STEMS before weighing so you pay for what you smoke, not what you throw out. I'll keep coming back here.

One Brown Mouse in Nederland
onebrownmouse.com
If you want great indoor, locally-grown high-altitude bud, this is your place. I like the town and the staff who also grow their own for the store and are very knowledgeable. Prices are great, too.. $14 a gram for primos like Sage and Sour Diesel.

The Bad.....

New Options wellness in Boulder
no website

These are the guys that got robbed, and ya feel those vibes in the staff with every heavy breath in the place. Despite their bad luck, honestly, their wares just suck. I opened and inspected every jar (and they had like 20 different strains) and it seems that no one there knows anything about proper drying and curing. Some of the jars smelled of ammonia!!! WTF! Also, many of their strains are mislabeled and not what they claim to be. Also over-priced at $20 a gram for their better selections when there's such better bud not a mile away.

The Ugly...

Pain Management of Colorado in Denver
colorado.medicalmarijuana.net

They'll sign you up for $350 and have a 70 year old doctor from the Dominican Republic who can't speak English that well. A bit shady in both dealings and location. They had 2 strains on hand when I checked it out and one was just crap, the other was an AK-47 which looked decent, but it just wasn't AK-47. They also have some edibles, but they are very weak. These guys are in it for the money and that's easy to see. BEWARE: If you use these guys to set you up, I hear they will make you select them as your primary caregiver, so you'll have to change that ASAP with the state.

G

guest123

Hey great post! I'd like to agree with Boulder alternative meds officially being the best place I have shopped. Other places:

Hatch wellness:
sometimes he has some $50 eighths, 20/g otherwise. Good, but usually not excellent, quality. Real nice guy. Doesn't know much about handling the meds though.

Metrocannabis and cannamart and Colorado cannabis services:

All have the same meds, same packaging/ pricing scale and must be run by the same folks. All foreign owners. All ridiculous prices. Very little knowledge about handling the stuff. My sometimes great quality meds. Silver haze for 28 a gram, 70 an eighth. I can't say enough about the quality though, great pheno selection for that end. Lots of outdoor/high clorophyll selection too.

Green Mountain Care. Nice Guys, sure, some of their stuff is quality. Knowledgable for sure. However, if I remember right, they said everything was 25/g and like 65/eighth, so I wouldn't go back without calling and asking about the prices.

SweetBOG

That's exactly where we should take this thread, movado, thanks for sharing. Lets flush out the best dispensaries in Colorado and what makes them good, and see why others need improvement. Some are in it for the money and that's obvious, but others love the art and all us fine folks who love it, too. Those are the ones who are gonna truly meet our needs of great buds, great clones, and great advice at low prices; as well as a fun, inspiring experience when yer shopping/hanging with the temporary caregivers.

T

theJointedOne

70 dollars an 1/8th??? younguys need to put these owners in check before that is the norm in CO. In CA, the clubs that charge that much, at least up north, get boycotted by the real patients. It sounds like there are at least a few places over there that are doing it right. I wish you all the best of luck. Don't worry, the guys doing it for money are the ones who fall.

P

Paco

The bad. Cannabis medical LLC 8th and Kalamath
if you are not signed to them as primary caregivers, you are allowed three strains. all mediocre quality for 65-75 and eigth. also weird set up; shared space with a digital print shop they also own. Not friendly, at all.
The OK,
Highlands herbal Connections. Decent selection and quality, respectable price for quality.
Staff a little unorganized and unprofessional. But very nice people.
The Good
Patients Choice.
Large selection, and variety of price for quality. Honest and knowledgeable staff. Nice layout, kitchen area, clone area, hang out /oxygen bar area.

G

guest123

Paco, did patients choice ask you to make them caregiver? I heard they hassled folks over that a while back...

P

Paco

no, i opted for it tho when i found out a family friend was a grower for them. on the other hand having been around town, they seemed to be the most professional and knowledgeable.
Mebership to that club is a dollar and you don't assing them caregiver. only while on premises. then the prices are set for members and non-members and varies.

H

hazedandinfused

The bad. Cannabis medical LLC 8th and Kalamath
if you are not signed to them as primary caregivers, you are allowed three strains. all mediocre quality for 65-75 and eigth. also weird set up; shared space with a digital print shop they also own. Not friendly, at all.
The OK,
Highlands herbal Connections. Decent selection and quality, respectable price for quality.
Staff a little unorganized and unprofessional. But very nice people.
The Good
Patients Choice.
Large selection, and variety of price for quality. Honest and knowledgeable staff. Nice layout, kitchen area, clone area, hang out /oxygen bar area.

i have to disagree with you about patients choice

they want 25 a gram for non-members and 17 a gram for members which is simply highway robbery, they have excellent selection and have clones / seeds whatever you need but 25 a gram is absurd. i would describe the quality as good to very good but not amazing damn sure aint worth no fucking 25 a gram (they do offer some seeded varities for 30 an 1/8th but they are seeded so take it or leave it i picked up an 8th of seeded widow and i liked it for the price very few seeds at all) sorry if this sounds harsh they are good people over there just for what i already know how to find on the street i cant see myself shopping at very many dispensarys when i can get stuff thats as good or better at 275 an ounce why would i pay 25 a gram its just not smart

highlands is still my favorite they are getting some chemdog soon i hear

P

Paco

I totally agree with you hazed. it is steep, yet i have yet to find a place that doesn't seem sketchy. they have a very professional staff and set up so thats why i think they are good. It would be nice if they included tax in to total menu price.
Plus i get some pretty steep discounts never paid over 50....
Highland is nice, but they have no idea what chem they are getting or the whole background on it. Not that they need to, it just would be nice to nip the fake chem in the bud, so to speak. The guy just was a little behind as far as his strain education. the mama san was really good tho.

H

hazedandinfused

but they have no idea what chem they are getting or the whole background on it.

i find this to be too true every time i hear chemdog but i still get excited and have high hopes! will have to check it out for sure though ill give yall the 411

rooted

........Cannabis Therapeutics........

call first, membership required, $25 fee, you will have to fill out caregiver forms

front office wasn't very comforting despite the soft couch

library available for those patients that want to read up

the counter guy was friendly and knowledgeable

nice selection of edibles and tinctures.

rooted clones looked like shit i walked right past these. the unrooted cuts looked healthy from where i stood but i didn't get up close and personal

herbs were overpriced.....decent selection of strains (15 or so) from $250/oz (i didn't know chitral grew brown flowers lmao) all the way up to $500/oz :yikes:

chemdawg $65/eighth............ found 5 or so immature seeds in an eighth. was neither cured nor dry. definitely potent, but not my kind of high.

blue dream haze $65/eighth...............nice bag appeal, had a nice blueberry aroma/flavor but lacked medical potency.

jackie-o $60/eighth.........loaded with immature seeds. nice stone, obvious medical qualities, could feel it in my face on the first hit.

sour diesel $60/eighth.......again more seeds! i like diesel but it gets way better than this. flavor wasn't strong but definitely fuel. friends who've smoked sour d before agree that this wasn't as strong as they're used to.

i guess when you have 1400+ patients, compassion flies out the window, and prices through the roof

SweetBOG

that's just wrong to find immature beans throughout any fricken bag more than $40 an 1/8th. good point mentioning their 1400+ patients... i guess at that point you're just a cog in their big $$ machine. i guess i like my dispensaries like i like my concerts these days: small, up-close, and personal.

rooted

that's just wrong to find immature beans throughout any fricken bag more than $40 an 1/8th. good point mentioning their 1400+ patients... i guess at that point you're just a cog in their big $$ machine. i guess i like my dispensaries like i like my concerts these days: small, up-close, and personal.

so true. i know we all shot down the patient limit, but there IS a line to be drawn. 5, however, was a ridiculous unworkable number

i read some old post on another site in which michael lee (owner) stated not only that he would never charge more than $400/oz, but also that seeded bud would NEVER be sold from his shop. :moon: classic BS

sorry if i'm getting off topic

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
AMSDCO Alternative Medicine Of Southeast Denver

AMSDCO Alternative Medicine Of Southeast Denver

I've been to AMSDCO: Alternative Medicine Of Southeast Denver

They are pretty good but pricey. I figure if its medicine it should be cheaper than the street.

The cheapest i have seen is 340 an oz for something called Orange Mist but average is 400 to 420 an oz

55 an 1/8th for top strains

Sensi Star
Chocolate Chunk
Lamb Breath
Sour Diesel
Hash Berry
AK-47
Heavy Duty
Champagne
Island Sweat Skunk
G.D.P.
and many more

Few types of Hash
Some edibles Brownies, Cookies, Banana Bread and Tinctures

They don't have any clones. HTTP://WWW.AMSDCO.COM

They have about 9 different strains and 3 or so are top quality.

:joint:

This is a map of most of the dispensaries in the Denver area.
legalmarijuanadispensary.com

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's just wrong to find immature beans throughout any fricken bag more than $40 an 1/8th.

i wouldnt think you would want to find any seed in your meds.

i have to say, yall over on the eastern side are very forgivin with these clowns runnin the clubs.

SweetBOG

i wouldnt think you would want to find any seed in your meds.

i have to say, yall over on the eastern side are very forgivin with these clowns runnin the clubs.

Yeah, in general there shouldn't be any seeds in meds at all, ever ( however, i'd like having a 'bonus' mature bean every once in a while tho cause i like to throw a random seed into the mix every season for something new and potentially interesting in the garden). The fact that the bud has immature beans throughout points to many things wrong.. both with the the garden setup and also with the dispensary that allows this kind of product.

We Coloradoans are so thrilled that the dispensary industry is finally taking off after Obama; and don't yet have nearly as many options as you folks out West. Beggars can't be choosers sorta thing. That said, we are all very jealous of you guys out West since your scene is much more evolved than ours here. I wonder what it took to get your dispensaries to get better and better at meeting patient needs. Probably education.

Hopefully this thread is a step in the right direction of educating people as to what makes a club good and what makes it bad out here. Maybe there are folks here who have only experienced a shitty club and don't even know that it can be better. Hopefully education will lead to encouraging existing dispensaries to improve or maybe there are folks reading this who want to start a new dispensary and learn what it takes to make (and keep) patients happy. I can only hope :)

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
I wonder what it took to get your dispensaries to get better and better at meeting patient needs. Probably education.

If someone starting a dispensary doesn't already have that sort of education they don't really have any business starting that dispensary. You may as well deal with the 18 year old punk wearing a gold chain that weighs 30lbs - he knows just about as much as a dispensary owner who allows pollinated flowers on their shelves. You'd think that after all these years that the mexicans and their damn brick weed could have figured out that males pollinate females and create seeds - come on you greedy arses, get with the fuggin' program. Lower potency, pissed away money on extra weight that's useless, and the aggravation of having to pick it all out. That sure isn't medical quality cannabis - all that shows is GREED. Karma's a rough one, keep that in mind.

As for the rare chance of finding beans in your un-pollinated bud - YES! It does happen. You'll sometimes find stray beans in flowers that were allowed to mature for a long time. I had two beans like that in a big ass white rhino - top quality smoke - I was shocked to find ANY, but, did a little research and yep, there it was. It's almost like a survival technique in case it's not pollinated. But to find a bunch is just the result of a lazy ass who wasn't on top of things and didn't really care about what they were doing.

skifooot

The Good: Highlands Health
The Bad: The Kind Room (in fort collins when i went at least)
The Ugly: The stuff I bought in my home town that has burnt leafs all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.