What's new

Critique my SOG plans.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
You never stop learnin' man!
Check the life rafts link in my sig. Maybe that will help with your cloning woes!

Peace

F

flat5th

ItsAllOver - Thanks for the tip, i've looked at your life rafts before, seems like a great method and i'll try it soon.

In the meantime I read over a few good cloning guides to refresh my technique. I'm positive I was keeping them too wet, and my shitty scissors probably caused some trouble.

I took a few cuts off each of my mothers, leaving them pretty bare...
Soaked my rapid rooters in a light GH 3part solution, pH ~6.0, Took the cuts with a pair of NEW SHARP scissors, scraped a few stems, stuck them in my tray.

They looked a little rough last night, a few were wilted over and i thought they were done for. But this morning i went down and they were all perked up and lookin fine.

picture.php

Of course this is how it was last time, they looked fine for a few days then they started rotting. But now I will let them dry out a little, not keep the rooters so wet. I drilled 3 holes in the top of the dome and have a fan blowing over for better air exchange, as well as daily removing of the dome for fresh air and mist.

The tray has water below it, the rooters don't touch the water, it's just there to transfer heat and humidity inside the dome. Heat is provided by 78w of CFLs below the tray. Heat rises, radiates through the tray, keeping everything warm and moist.

picture.php

I'd like to get the RH up into the 90% area, but right now the plugs are so wet that i'll let the 40-50% suck a little moisture out, then i'll worry about keepin it high.

The main point i took away from all my research yesterday was "help them through the initial shock, but after that, let them search for water, encouraging them to sprout roots."

Wish me luck!

Fifth.

PS - Strains from left to right:
Bubblicious (5 cuts)
Northern Skunk (2 cuts)
White Rhino (2 cuts)
Chronic (Male, 2 cuts)
Chronic (Female, pheno 1, 3 cuts)
Chronic (Female, pheno 2, 4 cuts)
Chronic (Female, pheno 3, 5 cuts)

2stoge

It seems no matter how much time i put into ventilation or fixing light leaks my room is always hot and not totally dark.

drives me nuts.

I feel your pain brother, something is always happening with my grow to get messed up, or too hot, or light leaks to appear from nowhere. Luckly my AK47 is pretty user friendly, and no matter how much it goes through it doesnt hermy.

BTW I like your four plant tub. Exactly how long do you veg your 4plant tub?

F

flat5th

BTW I like your four plant tub. Exactly how long do you veg your 4plant tub?

This is the first run i've had with the 4 plant tub. This one was vegged for about 6 weeks...It was kind of a lazy thing...they were fed water only for a few weeks and they just sat there until i had time to put them in flower.

I'll be vegging at least 4 weeks from now on though. I can't argue with the increased yield and lower plant counts.

My next episode will be back to DWC buckets. 4 serious seeds Chronic with 4-5 weeks of veg. should be killer.

thanks for comin' through!
Fifth.

F

flat5th

Divenosa, good to see you and thanks for sticking around.

Lost a few of the clones. But that's ok, i think i've got the hang of it now.

Got a new heat mat and squeezed the water out of the rapid rooters. The rot has stopped and the cuts are looking pretty good now.

hopefully things will move in a positive direction now. I feel like I took 2 steps back this year. I guess that means I've learned a lot.

No more negative energy. Positive vibes from here on out.

Pics to come.
5th.

F

flat5th

Whew!

Worked in the room from 10pm-3am. I'm tired at work today.

- Cleaned out EVERYTHING that didn't need to be in the rooms, Nothing but the essentials.
- Reorganized veg/moms.
- Put 6 Chronics into veg for the next show, probably 2-3 more weeks of veg for them.
- Cut a few more clones.
- Put 1 Chronic Mom into flower.

Here's some pics:

Clone dome and DIY Drying cab.
picture.php

Veg/Moms - I have to hang 1 more set of T8s
picture.php

The Tub at Day 46.
picture.php

Buds are lookin nice.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Had to tie the rhino up for support.
picture.php

Here's the little Chronic mom I put into flower.
picture.php

sleeeeeeepy.
Fifth.

F

flat5th

Well...it's been a while. I'm not really concerned with doing updates anymore...sorry to all who have been following. Thanks for your support and kind words.

I'll do one last update to show you all where i've ended up at the end of this 12 page adventure. Probably later this week or whenever i get time to snap a few pics.

Life has been crazy (as it has been for all of us...) I'm finally getting back into the every 4 weeks perpetual schedule.

Here's a teaser of my last crop. It's just the top kola from 1 plant. Serious Seeds Chronic. Let it go a full 9 weeks. This is the fattest bud I've ever grown. It's super sticky and i scraped the biggest ball of scissor hash from just this top nug. Then i rolled it in keif...smoked it...and passed the eff out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Maybe i'll start a new thread...this one has gone a bit all over the place.

peace!
Fifth.