What's new

VaporTek Optimum 4000

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
hey rez,come on now

you said it works for you i believe you :)
and it's on the things to get list

i was just curious on "HOW" it worked

but i guess i'll check their page

thnx

later

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Thanks everyone for a great thread - special thanks to Rez and BlueVelvet for their info and reassurances and salakavala for starting it. A Vaportec 4000 was delivered yesterday. I have it sitting on the top of the cab about 2' above the filtered air intake. From here it clears odor in the basement and enough gets sucked into the cab to do the job there too. :yes: :yes:

Cheers! -MGJ

zor

Is a carbon scrubber a neutralizer as well? As i understand it, the carbon removes odor particles and holds them in its pores. How does the dry vapor 'neutralize'? I'm curious as to the differences between the 2 and how they remove odor.

G

hey guys did anyone find out if the current could be converted. i live in australia so i need it to run off 240v.

G

hey everyone i've emailed vaportek twice now and still no reply. does anyone know of an australian supplier, or, if not do you know if the current can be converted to 240v, and someone that will ship to austraila without charging black market prices thanks guys

G

I need some help from my friends here who have a Vaportek 4000 unit...Rez, Shorts, MGJ, anybody...could someone post for me what's written on the label giving the electrical specs of the unit (everything please), or in alternative take a pic of the label and post it for me so I can read it? I need to see if the V-Tek can run on a current converter without problems. Thanks very much for your help! :ying:

Rellikbuzz

Hey Blue - I am so sorry that I forgot about this thread and your inquiries into the Vaportek unit. After my last post with you I called Vaportek to find out if they sell direct to overseas and they told me they have a Vaportek representative in Switzerland (I believe it was Switzerland anyway). The lady told me that he should be able to sell it to you directly and deliver it to you there in Italy. Seeing as how they are marketing and distributing in Europe, it only makes sense that the Vaportek 4000 would be wired for European voltages. Here is the reps name and phone number. The phone number has the country codes for calling from the US but I'm sure you can figure out what to dial. I'll bet if you sweet talk him (which you are very, very good at :biglaugh:) he will sell you one directly for less than you can buy it at one of their distributers. Anyway, good luck!

Vaportek Europe
Regis Danel, Representative
011-41-223-422-145

G

Rellik, thanks so much, that was very sweet of you. You really were awfully nice to take the time and trouble to get this information for me. Problem is the European distributors are charged export prices, and in turn resell for absurd prices. I know, there's even a distributor in my city. This below:

Don't hold your breath that they'll ship to Europe, Rellik. They want the extra income from the export stock and will end up telling you to go through the European distributors.

still holds true. They referred you to a European distributor. I found the unit for a very low price through the growshop I linked above, further, I'm favored by the Euro-dollar exchange rate, and would save mucho money on the damn thing even considering the not very cheap FedEx costs if I order one from the US or Canada.

So....

can someone please be so kind as to give me the electrical tech specs as requested in my post above? Thanks!

And Rellik, a big thanks to you...smooooch!

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
NO ELECTRICAL SPECS FOR YOU!

lol j/k blue. if i had one. ide post it up....

c'mon guys get off your arses and help this damsel in blue out.

Bones

Jus the thing I need - shame I just bought a carbon filter :wallbash: If I could take off the filter my temps would be runnin' sweet look's like no. 1 on the shoppin' list :biglaugh:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Blue
Here's a picture of the back label.

2357Vaportek_Label.gif

Hope this helps! :wave:

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
wow :yes:
only 16 watts!!!
hell, the money you would save on the electric as opposed to a carbon filter with a fan makes the cost (at least here in the states,... sorry blue :petting: )
of these units look like a pittance.
hell, this will have to be my first investment when i finally do find a new place to set up an indoor grow.. :puppydoge **sigh**

peace
beans

G

Yeah, it's just a small fan pushing air through a cartridge. That is the one drawback to the unit, you have to replace the cartridges ($50) every 60 days or so. But hey, I ain't complaining, I'm still using it over carbon/ozone at the moment!

PS : Good luck on finding one over there, I'm sure there must be somebody in Europe selling these things for a descent price!?

G

MGJ, Beans and Shorts, thanks alot guys! MGJ for the label, exactly what I need, Beans for the solidarity and Shorts for the positive endorsement and vibes :wink:

I think anyway I slice it I'll be saving ordering one stateside, and now I can confirm with my electrician wiz and buddy Cannaddicto as to whether the 110V unit will work ok with a converter....by the looks of things it should!

Thanks a bunch guys :friends:

:wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Blue

Now that I have one in front of my eyes..... Electrically it's just a fan, so I don't believe it would have problems with any converter. You should be good to go.

And your planned setup location should work super - my whole basement is now smelling fresh ( the 5 and dime veg room was smellin up the place a wee bit ) and inside the cab too - I can only smell something in there if I manhandle the plants :laughing:

Happy shoppin! :wave:

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
:listen2: Did someone say electron? OK Blue I think I can answer any question about this. First so there is no confusion lets clear up some terms and what you want to do here. Voltage=V=(push-pull of electrons, the potential: volts) If it were a river it would be how steep the slope is. Current=I=(the flow of electrons: Amps in formulas = I) If a river it would be how much water is flowing. Too much water for bed/bank and sides spill, to much electrical current for size of wire and wire gets too hot. Power=W=(the product of both: Watts) V x I = W.
Converter...hmmm...I'm going to guess you mean converts 240VAC to 120VAC. What you are converting is voltage. This is why our houses are wired with Alternating Current. It can easily be transformed from one voltage level to another very easily with a transformer(on the power poles it is much high than 220VAC, the power company steps it down for your house). So your "converter" would be a 2:1 Step-down transformer with probably Euro to USA plug conversion. So voltage is what you are converting. The nice thing here is the current is halved.

From data that MGJ gave:
120VAC 60Hz 16W So power will stay the same but the current will halve.
16W/120VAC= 0.133Amps or 133mA
16W/240VAC= 0.066Amps or 67mA

One more important spec here...frequency=Hz(amount of times the alternating current switches directions in a given amount of time). Hz also equals CPS or cycles per second. This is my only concern, I'm not sure what frequency Italy uses. I know some Euro countries use 50Hz. Normally the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz(USA) is not a concern, except when it comes to motors. AC motor's speed is determined by frequency and the number of poles in the motor rated by another form of frequency, RPM(rotations per minute). Now they put "60 Hz AC only" on the back that is why it is a concern. I don't know if they are saying just AC only or are talking about the 60Hz. They may have had to put a different motor in the Euro 50Hz models if frequency was really that important to the operation of the product.

So here is the bottom line Yes "converter" (transformer) no problem, at least 20Watt size(the bigger Watt rated the cooler it will stay and less chance of noise but more expensive). If it has current ratings then 0.1 Amp primary/ 0.2 Amp secondary minimum. If freq in Italy is 50Hz then the fan motor may turn a little slower and have a shorter life. Just to let you know, most inductive products(motors & transformers) have extra taps, so it can easily be rewired for different voltages for different countries. You would have to replace the plug. I'd just use the converter if I were you, if you ever wanted to make a warranty claim. :pointlaug

I could of just said "Yes you can use the converter," but maybe someone or you can use the extra info.
I was the lead electronic technician for an electronics company, I have been involved in electronics for 25 years. :nanana:

Latest posts

Latest posts