What's new

Adding CO2 to Optimum Room Ennvironment

R

Raw_Dog

Because I have experienced both and I know what I'm looking for as a smoker. I take away the factors that growers are looking for, ways to get more... Bigger buds.... Larger yields... No, I'm looking for top smoke, top taste and top look, with top smell... & Organic.

2buds

No gas connection so it's tank up with propane or co2.

You know you could have bought a natural gas burner and ran it from your gas line, no tanks, no heavy lifting... just a bill. Im thinking a propane burner will do the job.

So far the best results I've found is changing bulbs at the minimum every 6 months but every 3 seems to produce the largest tightest bestest bud.

I wish all nothing but success with their growing adventure.

Floridian

Veteran
Flowering with co2

Flowering with co2

I used to be uncomfortable keeping my flowering plants at 85 at the canopy,I'm glad I got over it.Your not going to see that crazy first 4 weeks of furious stretching keeping your enriched room at 75F.I lower temps to 75 the last couple of weeks where enrichment is no longer used by the plants.I would never try and convince anyone about best enrichment temps but if you are going to use co2,use a controller not a cyclestat

R

Raw_Dog

The Ethylene production in plants isn't produced at that temperature. I have tried your methods, I know it does the plants well. My finding show that lower temps and the plants will have an increase in yield and quality of smoke will be superior. This debate isn't about Optimum levels for CO2 production, its about an Optimum Environment then adding CO2.

R

Raw_Dog

Damn people, this thread isn't about optimum CO2 conditions, damn, are you guys reading this or what? Giving negative rep for this thread is rediculous. I can't believe this non sense, you guys are not reading. Giving me advice on optimum CO2 conditions isn't what we are trying to accomplish. Damn. Some of you guys haven't tried anything different. My results should be kept myself as the grand secret on great room environments. I have grown in 80plus* temps with CO2. With those findings I am here to tell you to lower your temps and apply less CO2. Keep the air relatively dry and your plants will thrive and produce higher grades of fruit, may not be more, but a lot better quality. In this world of big bloated, commercial herb, you should possible try another alternative. Here is the thread.

73-78* temps, raised CO2 levels (800-1000ppms) and excellent air exchange, windy conditions... Just telling you what I have found positive changes in my many years of growing. The humble approach will benefit all of us.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
73-78* temps, raised CO2 levels (800-1000ppms) and excellent air exchange, windy conditions... Just telling you what I have found positive changes in my many years of growing. The humble approach will benefit all of us.
Could be the latter 3 doing most of the improvement? How about that compared to 80-85F temps using CO2 and good air circulation?

RespectGreen

Veteran
I run 80-83, with no ill effect; and co2 levels at 1000-1200 waving up and down. I found that above 83, you get the foxtails, and with above 1200 ppm you start to that commercial looking stuff. I always pull at least a extra P from my sealed room, compared to my room that's running on air exchange.

Just my experience, but I'd say add it.

I'm with you. I have low ceilings, and get foxtails like crazy if I keep the temps up. I run it like this and ALWAYS get my 2 p per 1000.

yerboyblue

Thanks for this info, my friends have just started to do this, maybe slightly lower temps, and a little higher ppms, but it was simply a solution to other problems. I am planning on introducing co2 soon as well.

R

Raw_Dog

See the ebb and flow vertical trauph setup in my new thread. Coming very soon.

Stonefree69

Veteran
See the ebb and flow vertical trauph setup in my new thread. Coming very soon.
Sounds good!

I'm still in the camp you can run at least 80F w/CO2. Even mid-high 80's but I live w/mine and keep it at 80 max in summer. Like I said I've seen plants of all kinds in greenhouses do fine w/o CO2 and 100 degrees. My grows also did fine back in the day when temps did get up there in my closet. Plus marijuana is a semi-tropical/tropical plant.

I don't see plants in Mexico or South America struggling at 90 degree temps. Southeast Asia is even more south than Florida. I don't see no 70-75F temps there, maybe at night. And there's no extra CO2 there, it's outside at about 400 ppm. In fact most outdoor plants grow in temperate warm climates and are genetically disposed to heat. And they grow like TREES.

Lettuce, garlic, onions and early spring veggies like these lower temps (70-75F in daytime). The water temp I'd agree on it should be below 80F maximum. If you have your room dialed w/enough light, it should not hurt to run 80F or more especially w/CO2. Maybe the humidity is too high or too low?

So the simple fact I've heard from countless growers who go by results is daytime should be 70-80 degrees w/o CO2, and 80-90 with CO2. But hey if you're happy w/some of the dankest buds you've ever had like I am then why change a thing? I'm still trying other things, like new strains, putting in Igloo coolers, making reflective grow gazebos...

supermanlives

Veteran
someone needs to do a test. low temps an co2 and higher temps and co2.i have had greenhouses with co2 and been using it indoors a long time now.

Stonefree69

Veteran
Some food for thought:
If your humidity is on the low side, keep your room a bit cooler(71-72f). Hot and dry really slows your growth. I too live in the desert and they will be fine at 25%, but at 50 they will grow faster and be healthier. Also at 25% dont give them too much wind(dont point fans at them).