What's new

DIY extend-a-closet GROW TENT

fuzygrowth

good work on the closet, you shoudl talk to senseless he's been wanting to make something like this, actually i'll just have him hit you up. DIY for life :)

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
yeah DIY for life! and ill say it again, nice closet... makes me think about comin inside for a season :chin:

Scorp1on

Very nice!

I think I'm gonna build my room like that, I wanted to use wood and a real door but with pvc it can be removed fast if I need to!

synthacide

yea for sure..i mean, thats whats hard about all this...
if there was one way to do this we wouldnt have this fourm, and, really thats what's so beautiful about this.... the collection of ideas...here's how I did it...learn,aspire,progress, how else do we have strains reaching the 45%thc mark with out all this thought...again heres how I DID IT.... maybe its perfect maybe its not...but share and progress and well see 65% THC, again thank you all its amazing how the group mind can expand such a SIMPLE (LOL) thing ;)

Reorx

After looking again at your setup that looks to be pretty good. Last time I grew in a closet it was smaller but I got great results. Hope your run goes great. I also like the extension tent to make it bigger. What style are you doing E&F or DWC or Soil.

This a pic from a grow I did a few years ago, in the back ground see that small ass closet, thats what I used, you seem to have a hell of a lot more space.

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
i've been debating on how i'm gonna do my grow, i recon i'm gonna try this out. i have a closet space that was never closed off. so i think i'm just gonna build a grown tent that will fit in the space. mine is gonna be on a smaller scale about 2 and a half ft wide or so ,four ft deep and 6 and a half ft high with a 400w hps and 400w mh in cool tubes.

N

nekoloving

Since i started growing i realized that the key to quality is environmental control, thus the need for a sealed room or chamber....
i found a lot discussions on the commercially available ones, but being the do-it-yourselfer that i am and knowing the 250 price tag was bs i set out to make my own...

HERE IS MY STORY :sasmokin:

we started out with a trip to home depot

x7 3/4 inch pvc pipe (10ft each) $2.19 ea x 7= $15.33

x8 3/4 slip by 1/2 fpt "y" couplings $1.19ea x 8= $9.52

x8 1/2fpt by 3/4 slip coupling $ 0.49ea x8= $3.92

x2 tarp zippers $8.99 ea x 2= $17.98

x1 roll of duct tape $5.49

x1 filtrate furnace filter $15.99

THEN TO THE HYDRO STORE:

x1 roll of black and white poly plastic, also called panda plastic....$89
10 by 100 feet... unfortunately i couldn't source this anywhere else, so of course i got nailed...

grand total = $ 158.13

the bulk of that being the poly plastic sheeting, after the project the roll looks untouched, you could probably make 10 rooms with a roll :chin:

And we begin:

Remove doors, shelves, rails EVERYTHING

if only there were some plans that leave those sliding doors on to cover what's inside >_>

rocky_mtns

...just built my frame, gonna apply the plastic today... gotta get my MMJ card but I may as well get this all ready and dialed before the girls can move in...:joint:

njayjay

I wanna make this but as a fully contained growtent, not an extension, i'm thinking of adding more elbows and tees along the edges and having more pvc tubes, to make a cage of sorts, anyone with experience with PVC think this will be strong enough to hang lights from? Peace

I never understood why Panda plastic is so damned expensive man. This project could be done for < $100 if it weren't for the hydro shop nailing us on that stuff. I really like the concept though -- simple, efficient and great for people in apts. or living situations of the sort (or even houses for that matter depending on how big you wanna go).

prophecy

Very nice setup but wood yes its heavier but its also stronger! ;) Cheaper? No but not a lot more expensive then pipes! I'll mine in wood! :p

toastfighter2

njayjay-IMO the pvc is no where near strong enough to hold up a light(at least one in a reflector), but that can be easily be worked around by setting up a light rack made out of 2*4's and a saw horse bracket(it will be strong enough to mount anything to then)
picture.php

I so, wish I had gone with this method rather than effing around with lumber. From now on the only time I will use lumber again, is to do a real room-in-room or to build shelves for my vertical. Where I live, lumber is much much cheaper than PVC -- but my sanity is worth something too... thanks for the pictures and description. saved for future reference!

Hybrid Whooa

I am in the process of building one of these for myself. I have the frame built. I am doing on a small/micro scale my dimensions are 2'x2'x3' high. Ordered the black and white poly from amazon and got a 10x25' roll for under 20 bucks. Gonna give a 2ft 4tube t5 fixture a go. May just end up vegging under this and buying a 150w hps for flowering. Has any one flowered with the t5 fixture with 2700k bulbs ? Might just have to find out for myself :)

synthacide

woa! talk about a hiatus!

anyways, thanks for the kind words. unfortunately that grow never went to bloom; AS A RENTER, YOU ARE AT THE WHIM OF YOU'RE SHITTY LANDLORD!

Alas, as with anything in the "legal" realm a lawyer is you're best friend, but I digress...

this system proved to be very efficient, in terms of space, 12 bubblin' buckets went in nicely in hindsight I wish I would have gone with two 600's in a sealed series setup, sans-light mover... that was the bane of the set-up.... 1000w on a linear mover with insulated 6' duct is a bitch... FYI ;)

again thanks for the kind word's and wait for the next one...
/rubs hands

Since i started growing i realized that the key to quality is environmental control, thus the need for a sealed room or chamber....
i found a lot discussions on the commercially available ones, but being the do-it-yourselfer that i am and knowing the 250 price tag was bs i set out to make my own...

HERE IS MY STORY :sasmokin:

we started out with a trip to home depot

x7 3/4 inch pvc pipe (10ft each) $2.19 ea x 7= $15.33

x8 3/4 slip by 1/2 fpt "y" couplings $1.19ea x 8= $9.52

x8 1/2fpt by 3/4 slip coupling $ 0.49ea x8= $3.92

x2 tarp zippers $8.99 ea x 2= $17.98

x1 roll of duct tape $5.49

x1 filtrate furnace filter $15.99

THEN TO THE HYDRO STORE:

x1 roll of black and white poly plastic, also called panda plastic....$89
10 by 100 feet... unfortunately i couldn't source this anywhere else, so of course i got nailed...

grand total = $ 158.13

the bulk of that being the poly plastic sheeting, after the project the roll looks untouched, you could probably make 10 rooms with a roll :chin:

And we begin:

Remove doors, shelves, rails EVERYTHING

Such a good post. I was thinking of something like this but now I got a start to look at. I will be sending a link to this thread to a friend also. Good work. Hope more pics come soon. :wave: