What's new

Kali Mist, Black Domina, & Haze Skunk 1 oh my! ~ 30gal DWC, 400W HPS, 12/12 from seed

C

CMoon

hello mjj, its no problem to let the ph ride into lower 6's at this stage as it will henance vegitive requirements, if your useing a good hydroponic fert with stabilizers the ph can normally be nailed in the flower stage where ph figs of 5.7ish are more apropriate...hope it helps

clinical setup, wishing you bests with progress :rasta:

reg cmoon

Hey CMoon,
I wasn't so worried about the pH level itself, just its speedy ascent. Id be happier with .2 swing every week or every four days but not every single day.
As for what to run the pH at I've heard so many different variances on what proper pH level has worked for them that I don't know what to think is right. I do remember my last grow that I was getting big swings each day and not seeing it as a problem. I would just correct with pH up/down. I've heard the plants can really talk to you through the movement of the pH and this time I'm really trying to listen.

Thanks for the props on my clinical approach here. I really wanna nail this down so nothing short of daily accurate stats and in time accurate interpretation of those stats will do I think :)

Last edited:
Was up even higher then this mornings reading so a lil pH down and im at:

5.52 pH
312 ppm
70 res temp

res level was touching bottom of pots (and clay balls) and someone informed me that might cause pH rise so hopefully it'll slow now as I lowered the res level.

A slight drop in ppms and because of that a slight rise in pH is what im going for. at least thats what ive read you want. thus im happy with my ppm movement for once. hopefully lowering the res level slows down the pH right though.

Last edited:
C

CMoon

Thanks for the props on my clinical approach here. I really wanna nail this down so nothing short of daily accurate stats and in time accurate interpretation of those stats will do I think :)

I certainly agree, from one room to another nobody can etch these figs in stone,

I do remember my last grow that I was getting big swings each day and not seeing it as a problem. I would just correct with pH up/down. I've heard the plants can really talk to you through the movement of the pH and this time I'm really trying to listen.

I dont see you haveing a bad time of things , daily moniterings the key until your positive swings are in your control , which they obviously are!

cant wait to see the progress, gud luck........cmoon

thanks Able :rasta:

It's new pic time! Not bad growth the last 4 days...

what up with the crooked leaf yo?

the one black domina i got to grow so far,.. boy i sure hope its a female. Look how fat the leaves are on it! What an indica it could be, Ive read it makes smoking Train Wreck seem like taking an advil
:laughing:

There drinking like an Irish man at a wedding too! I just had to add 2 gallons to my res
:jump:

Last edited:
They look great MJ, mine once looked like that... I hope you get some girls, it should make for a great show. How long did it take them to drink two gallons?

good god damn question but fuck if i know, ha!.. i have the lid on pretty permanent, i even cut a lil hole in the top (i cover with the temp gauge) just as big as my hanna meter to fit in so i dont have to remove any plants or the lid to test the res. the meter only reaches about an inch or so below the pots but today when i went to test my ppms and it read zero i knew i was low
:laughing:
over time ill better be able to calc there drinkage. i think there really gonna start taking down the ppm reading so ima prob bump that up here in the next few days as i confirm that fact. just trying to listen to the plants this grow not go by what stage there in or charts ya know.

318ppm
5.5pH
66F res temp (perhaps a bit TOO chilly??)

Last edited:
I understand, I'm forcing myself to try and keep numbers but it's hard with nothing to count yet. I'm just trying to figure out how many plants I can grow in 90 gallons worth of dwc space. Looks great tho, you obviously have things in order.

So as it turns out my plants aren't quite equal to that of Irish men at a wedding. I had a lil res leak due to a intentionally disconnected air line I (like a dumbass) didn't raise above the res level. It acted like a syphon and drained a gallon or two out onto my carpet. :bashhead:

problem fixed now

324ppm
5.56pH
66.6F

Last edited:
Dec 26th is when i started to germinate these seeds, not when they started to grow out of the dirt, I'm talking when i took the seeds out of the pack they were shipped to me in,.. not bad growth so far

Last edited:

johnathanvpr

whats up fellow grower, :wave: lovin your lil jungle. I just popped a couple kali mist X white mustang. kali mist is a fave :rasta: been wanting to do a dwc though. I am reveggin my green krak that is in fox farm right now, do you think tranfering it into a DWC would be possible? Is rinsing the soil out of the roots possible without :fsu: ?

johnathanvpr said:
whats up fellow grower, :wave: lovin your lil jungle. I just popped a couple kali mist X white mustang. kali mist is a fave :rasta: been wanting to do a dwc though. I am reveggin my green krak that is in fox farm right now, do you think tranfering it into a DWC would be possible? Is rinsing the soil out of the roots possible without :fsu: ?

Guess it depends how big the plants are and if you can get the roots through the net pot,.. but rinsing the dirt out of the roots (or root in my case) is what I did. My plants were only an inch or two tall though.

Fed a lot today so the movement of readings aren't watchable but from here till next feeding they will be.

320ppm
5.63pH
67F

Last edited:

Jansjukebox

Hay MJJ....was wondering if you have ad any more luck with the Black Domina. I bought some this summer and haven't been able to get one to germ. I've tried scuffing them, soaking them sticking them..nothing seems to work..stubborn little bastards...lol anyway, I've never seen one actually grow, so I wish you luck with the one you have.

Damn you too? these bitches are a mother fucker no?! Like i said above out of 7 seeds i got one growing and (being optimistic here) "SHE" is as big as all the others. Leaves fat a black women's ass too! Back on page 2, first pic you come to if you scroll up from the bottom of the page is the Black D. Hope hope hope its a female. I had 6 of the 7 pop, just germed then in wet paper towels in a tupperware dish for a few days, 1 never popped, a few never grew in the soil i placed all them in, and 2 grew but were mutants (pic below)

2 were like this, kinda grew but never upward so i tossed um.

no need to go back to page 2, heres the one BD I got growing

Latest posts

Latest posts