What's new

~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toob

i know pab, but im moving to a new spot in a few months and ill have the room to set up a station to work then. Id like to take a few lessons even b4 then so i can get up and running fast once i have the space.

pack a bowl

PM me and i'll see if i know of anyone in your area. Lessons will go a long way for sure and are always great to make sure if you even enjoy glass.. ya know, anyone could go buy a skateboard thinking they will enjoy it but obv. not everyone does.

P.D.S

Toob dont think you'll be making any money in the portland area for atleast a year id find someone to apprentice to and work for them pullin lattys and making collapsed beads if not youll be using allot of money on glass and oxygen just learning. trust me ive been in the glass game for almost 12 years

Toob

i know P.D.S. I have a good job but i also have lots of free time, and ive been interested in geting into blowing glass for years. Im not trying to get rich quick, just learn to do something i think id really enjoy and maybe make something of it in a few years.

P.D.S

i know P.D.S. I have a good job but i also have lots of free time, and ive been interested in geting into blowing glass for years. Im not trying to get rich quick, just learn to do something i think id really enjoy and maybe make something of it in a few years.

sounds like a good approach ive got a friend up there i put a call out too on your behalf to see if he has any open stations and is willing to teach.

swishaman

What I don't get is.... Why is Portland such a Mecca for blowing? And odd towns like Buffalo NY... Anyone else think it's weird?

PAB - That Dragons Breath shop..the owner quoted a price range for Toros... $900-$3600 for two perc Toros... they also have some worked...which I guess are the 3600 ones lool....SUCKS! I was expecting to drop about 500-600 :|

P.D.S

What I don't get is.... Why is Portland such a Mecca for blowing? And odd towns like Buffalo NY... Anyone else think it's weird?

PAB - That Dragons Breath shop..the owner quoted a price range for Toros... $900-$3600 for two perc Toros... they also have some worked...which I guess are the 3600 ones lool....SUCKS! I was expecting to drop about 500-600 :|

portland and seattle are the sister citys of glass most of the best artist come from one of those two places i.e Bango jason lee marcellus fro and many others one of the big reason portland is such a mecca is because alchemy glass and northstar are there thats two of the three largest glass makers in basically one town (tigard is about ten minutes out of portland, also have an amazing skatepark)

SemperAltus

portland and seattle are the sister citys of glass most of the best artist come from one of those two places i.e Bango jason lee marcellus fro and many others one of the big reason portland is such a mecca is because alchemy glass and northstar are there

ya you forgot CAC, etc. more blowers in PNW, too bad the climate sucks

P.D.S

i didn't mention many people i just mentioned some names of friends except marcellus never met him wish i did though his under water scene pieces were amazing back in 98 he was way ahead of the curve

Original

THIS SUCKS

Last night I had this slide in my virtual shopping basket, I decided to wait a day before I bought it. Today I go to purchase it and its sold! limited addition by CHAZ as well so doesn't look like this opportunity is gonna arise again.

I was attracted to this piece as I've seen FREEK's work before and thought it looked similar (correct me if wrong), looked perfect for snappers. Angled slide as well. The person who bought this is probably gonna read this and laugh, bugger! lol

CHAZ-GG18.X1a.jpg

CHAZ-GG18.X1d.jpg

pack a bowl

portland and seattle are the sister citys of glass most of the best artist come from one of those two places i.e Bango jason lee marcellus fro and many others one of the big reason portland is such a mecca is because alchemy glass and northstar are there thats two of the three largest glass makers in basically one town (tigard is about ten minutes out of portland, also have an amazing skatepark)

fro is from portland? i thought he was from MA? interesting..

yea bobby, i gotta wonder how much they marked up the toro.... but still, those things take take and lots of skill, no denying that... you do get what you pay for.

now roors, those are a rip off no matter what anyone says.

P.D.S

fro is from portland? i thought he was from MA? interesting..

yea bobby, i gotta wonder how much they marked up the toro.... but still, those things take take and lots of skill, no denying that... you do get what you pay for.

now roors, those are a rip off no matter what anyone says.

gotta agree with the roor comment and yes fro may be from MA but was working in portland for a number of years while i was working there
thats a nice chaz slide bummer you couldn't get your hands on it orignal

Mr. Tony

Veteran

in seattle we have

pakoh
nate dizzle
nate carter
A.C.E.
Blaze master

D wreck wa sere for awhile to.

Royal is in eastern WA

3600 for a bong...

What a fucking joke.

the art work that comes from the crazy sculptured toros is insane.

why would anyone pay over $100k for a car when a slightly used honda civic will last them 200,000 miles.....

pack a bowl

<--- reppin the east coast... my glass will make it to the west one day i hope, hahaha... i know its in the middle of the country in a few spots at least... well, i got a few pendants around some necks in the west, but no pipes.

haven't seen any posts from nate carter in a while tony.... wonder if he has just been doin prodo? i loved watching that guy's progression, good inspiration/motivation.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
There is a much bigger difference between a 997 turbo, and a used Civic, than there is between a 500 (which is expensive) and a 3600 dollar bong.

Hell you could buy a used civic for that.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
The performance aspect may not be much more, but the art omg....

the banjoro's
Toro, pakoh ( FYC) fixed stem with the head on the perc....
the deppe tube
pakoh/ nate dizzle swiss perc.

there are pieces worthy of G, but they are few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.