What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

FeelHaze

Very nice work.

Did you veg at all or start off on 12/12 ?

Peace

Thanks friend !

She was grown from seed, vegged 4 weeks under a classic 18/6 light cycle. Before flowering, I trained her a bit to have 8 colas. I removed the first 2 nodes, kept nodes 3 to 6 and topped above the sixth node. She was then flowered 7 weeks on 12/12 and 5 weeks on 11/13.

I send you good vibes for the end of flowering with you Killer A5 Haze ✌️

goingrey

Looking at your pictures, there's no doubt in my mind that The Fake Seeds Company is using our Malawi seeds, like many others do... with their contribution calling it GOLD
They say it is a repro of Afropips Malawi Gold. So the name was already given. To me it seems strange that they would admit to using another bank's stock but then lie about which bank.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They say it is a repro of Afropips Malawi Gold. So the name was already given. To me it seems strange that they would admit to using another bank's stock but then lie about which bank.

Fake seed co can say what they want, but i recognize the offsspring of ACE parent plants and lines from a mile. Same goes for other seedsbanks copying our Malawi such as Nomad Seed Bank, or Anesia Seeds, this last one needs an special mention, the so call Anesia Seeds Landrace section:

Anesia Congo = ACE Seeds Congo
Anesia Malawi= ACE Seeds Malawi
Anesia Panama = ACE Seeds/CBG Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
And finally, @PandoraSeedBank is making his whole catalog with Oldtimer's Haze F1 hybrids and even selling straight OTH. I have emailed him to discuss this in private, but there has been no reply. To ask permission would be a good start ... perhaps offer something in exchange ?

I don't mind a seedbank exceptionally selling a hybrid of an ACE strain crossed with something from theirs, but to make more than half of their catalog with ACE genetics and/or directly copying our strains is simply unacceptable. To come to ICMag to promote his copies is simply disgusting.

Sorry for the off topic ... at some point i had to say all this.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
OT1 you may have grown but is not your “strain”,,

Oldtimer's Haze is a line that I've been growing and breeding with for 20 years, and it is sold exclusively through ACE Seeds. Before us, Wolfman did a repro, before him Oldtimer1, and before him, others. But the truth is, without ACE Seeds, Oldtimer's Haze would be extinct and not available for the last 2 decades.

We had a strong dispute here on ICMag with defunct Breeders Choice almost 20 years ago when Hothouseflowers stole and sold Oldtimer's Haze genetics, claiming that the preservation work with the strain done by Charlie Garcia and me was theirs. After that, I traveled to the UK for a fair and met Oldtimer1.
He told me that as a British person, he was ashamed of Hothouseflowers' behavior (also British) and that he totally supported ACE Seeds as the legatee of this strain, as we successfully did.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the conceptual correction, hope that old reproduction of yours was fruitful for you and your circles (to the mass public was not), but that's not the main point here.

The fact is that 99.99% of growers who have experienced Oldtimer's Haze genetics, whether in pure form or hybrids, over the past 20 years have obtained their seeds from ACE Seeds, with Oldtimer1's blessing for its commercial diffusion on our part.

Rgd

Veteran
Thanks for the conceptual correction, hope that old reproduction of yours was fruitful for you and your circles (to the mass public was not), but that's not the main point here.

The fact is that 99.99% of growers who have experienced Oldtimer's Haze genetics, whether in pure form or hybrids, over the past 20 years have obtained their seeds from ACE Seeds, with Oldtimer1's blessing for its commercial diffusion on our part.
thank you for your patience
it was the malawi that brought me here .because I am regrowing...a cross from the wild non ace malawi.....

like the Oax brought me to your other thread

ot1

I found it a more consistent less sedating high than the ohazes...

more varied and with some earlier than ohz and a bit of wld influence..

.. all in all not as powerful as ohazes but still powerful..but for people like me who run from sedation

I would say its the best" haze "I have smoked..because its more enjoyable..and up

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Malawi #3 was a very fast one.
I'll chop her tonight at day 76 and hope the quality is good, as she would give a wonderful mother for indoor sativa harvests.
And I'll give her a try outdoor in Vienna after revegging. A cutting from her is already in the mothers room.
She was planted in 4 Liter Coco after finishing the stretch, but she amost didn't stretch at all.
I started the flowering cycle on 27th of Feb with one week 12/12, then changed to 10,5/13,5 for 9 days and back to 12/12 again (all because of the Thai in the tent). One ACE Panama plant was even faster and got chopped on day 72.
View attachment 19001159

View attachment 19001160

Malawi #1, my favorite, grown in the same small tent is far from finished, still producing new flowers.
View attachment 19001158

Thanks for sharing an update before harvesting #3 @Perdido looks really dangerous and potent with all those giant trichomes :) Hope you like the way she kicks. How is she on the nose ?
Female #1 easily needed 3 weeks more since picture was taken.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Day 84 in the flowering stage and harvest day.

I took her late, hoping for killer effects 🤞

View attachment 19008980

Congrats on your Malawi harvest, @FeelHaze :tiphat: It looks like the plant couldn't access enough nutrients during the second part of flowering, either due to a lack of nutrients or incorrect pH in the growing media and/or waterings-feedings. Despite this, the colas are long and big, and the buds look very resinous with plenty of aggressive attitude. Please keep us updated with a smoke report after curing/drying, and most importantly, enjoy! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi everyone :watchplant:

NM-76 at 12 weeks. Has a lemon smell and large dense buds. Will be trying this clone again.

OM-61 at 7 weeks. Has a fruity smell. Will be trying this clone again.

Both of these I want seeds from.

I like the looks of OM 61 female very much @Zanddar hope you and your gardens are doing great!