What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Ganja Maker

There has to be at least one MB grown pic on each page.
picture.php

Been using this method ever since my first try with it. So absolutely simple, seriously doubt I'll ever go back to any other method.

Grew this lady using Maxibloom and perlite\verm hempy buckets. 1tsp\gal for the entire grow, flushed for ten days before the chop for good measure. Strain is Mosca's c99 bx1:

Calicult

Great thread! I've been reading this for a month or so, the simplicity is right up my alley. I'm a new grower, got 3 small outdoor grows under my belt, 1 plant outdoor right now (Presidential Kush). I have an indoor option opening up in my home shortly, a roughly 6'lx4'wx7'h closet, should be perfect for me to do a small perpetual flower area, and a veg area. Been on the FFOF/GO Organic mix for these grows, I have enough left to finish my Prez Kush ( I think), but thinking of going coco/Maxibloom for another outdoor run. Starting in 16-20 oz cups, transplant to 3-5 gal. smart pots...
Found a great hydro store near me that has all I need, the Maxi, liquid and powder KB, Protekt silica, smart pots, a couple coco options. So, the little GH CocoTek bricks or the NF Mega Brick? What say you coconuts?
Very excited to give this method a go, once I get my indoor spot going, I'ma ready to get my K.I.S.S. on! Thanx all for the knowledge and time...GL

Peace, Love, Calicult

Calicult

Hola Burns1, my local store has the Botanicare CoCoGro 20 lb. bags, I'm jus' being a cheapskate, liking that fact the bricks cost a bit less than the readymade stuff, I do the manual labor. I'll consider the Botanicare, thanks for your time & input.

Peace, Love, Calicult

I

Inspired333

I'm no pro, but for you other noobs; 1 teaspoon doesn't equal 7 grams.
I measured out 30 level teaspoons and weighed them and got an average, it was 5.3g
So I'd call it 5g for a full dose.

I also used 3 different teaspoons. None come close to 7g. I think it's about 1200-1300ppm 0.6 EC.
If you're in hydro if be careful with that dose 'specially when people say "start to finish 7g/1tsp".
And that's just your base.
I mixed up someMB @ 5g/4l and added my calmag, liquid KB, silicate for minor ph and I was at around 2.3EC
that's crazy.

Again, I'm quite noobish. I just thought that the first page should be updated where it says 1tsp/7grams

Calicult

Howdy Inspired...I'm no meter expert, I don't own one yet, is there a chance your EC is actually half that, more like 1150? The posts I've seen discussing EC levels bring up the conversion scale, either "5" or "7", one of those conversion rates shows the EC as double what the other one does. Make sense? as most are aiming for that 7 gram figure, and their EC's seem to be around 1100,1300, 5 grams would make sense coming in lower (of course factoring your water's starting ppm).

Peace, Love, Calicult

Calicult

Picked up the Maxi ($12.27!), Protekt ($13.60!), and an NF CoCo Megabrick for $9.60 (Burns1, I may try a bag next time, wanted to get my feet & hands wet with the "cocoexperience"). Nice prices, they have my business indefininitely. Soakin' the coco, figure out which seeds to go with. As a noob I'm still using bagseed, working on my chops before splurging for top shelf genetics, I'm likely going to go with 1- Super Lemon Haze, 1-Jamaican (I brought home the seeds), 1- Sweet Berry. I already have my Presidential Kush in soil going, so 2 sativas, 2 Indicas to work with.

Peace, Love, Calicult

How in gods name did a thread called "K.I.S.S." make it to 165 pages? Jesus people don't want to read. I'm sick of meandering threads and repetitive questions from people who refuse to read. It makes the info hard to consolidate with an argument breaking out every 4 pages.

burns1n209

Calicut.. everything sounds good, I started out using bricks, probably good for you just to learn that route also. You wanna mix in some perlite, something like 50/50 mix to help get air to the roots and help with drainage. You wanna pick up an ec meter when you can, for me 7g a gal was to hot for my plants. I dont weigh or measure anymore I just add intill I get a 900ppm reading .good luck

webecat

How in gods name did a thread called "K.I.S.S." make it to 165 pages? Jesus people don't want to read. I'm sick of meandering threads and repetitive questions from people who refuse to read. It makes the info hard to consolidate with an argument breaking out every 4 pages.

I really enjoyed the great teaspoon debate. 1 scoop MB 1/2 scoop KB and tap water KISS.

Calicult

This HAS been a spirited zillion hour read, quite entertaining at times. Heck, the first post explains the concept, curiousity and variables keeps this ball rolling. "The Great Spoon Debate", "The Shaking Controversy"...

I WILL be getting some kind of meter soon, gonna pick up a decent drop test kit to at least get accurate ph readings. I've been using pool/spa test strips, but the only show the color down to about 6.8 (keeping it in human comfort range). Went with "pee yellow" on my strip when I ph'd the water to hydrate my coco.

A Super Lemon Haze, Jamaican, and Sweet Berry seed are all resting atop the cable box in a comfy moist papertowel with slight H2O2 addition, in a CD case. Game on.

Thanks for input.

Peace, Love, Calicult

I

Inspired333

Thanks calicult: I know allll about the conversion factors, and I have a truncheon. I use EC now (and tds/500 scale).
My ec was around 2.3.
Keep in mind the girl barely showed and negatives except minor curling under - it feels like way overkill. And I felt they should be drinking more water.
I don't know if the "reading" comment was for me but I've read this entire thread as of a while ago but I'm not gonna keep up on reading it dude, I don't have time for that.
Peace.

Calicult

I don't know if the "reading" comment was for me but I've read this entire thread as of a while ago but I'm not gonna keep up on reading it dude, I don't have time for that.
Peace.

That wasn't me, I think that was Benjamin...hey, no worries, takes forever to read all this! I keep coming back to it in chunks to see if I've absorbed the info, I'm doin' ok.

Peace, Love, Calicult

Morcheeba*

Veteran
the tsp to gm equivalent is an old horse and regarding the 1st pg update...........im not sure if Ioni still post at the mag so it is what it is.

RE Coco: i use 100% coco no perlite as ive never seen the need to clutter up my coco when i re-use it.

i had to chop before a full flush but here is a pic taken w/poor camera.

picture.php

L

lazy gardener

It has been two weeks since i switched to maxi bloom and put the light's vert, and I am very pleased with the growth and bushing out. they are short but they are full. the purple wreck didnt even stretch! once again thanks for this thread and sharing this simple solution. I can remember passing this up a few years ago thinking it was garbage.

L

lazy gardener

flip to the KISS with Maxi Bloom and glucose 1 week

flip to the KISS with Maxi Bloom and glucose 1 week

before

after

DoomsDay

lazy, you have a story somewhat like mine!

i actually started on the KISS method for its simplicity and that i was a newb to the whole growing thing and thought "awesome, it isnt really as hard as everyone makes it sound". well, i went through about 4 cycles with maxibloom only, but wasnt satisfied with my results. mind you this entire time im also going strickly by seed phenotype hunting. i didnt start off the typical newb way as i have a few very close lifetime friends of my family that have been doing this since the early 60's. they gave me some tips and told me the best way to start is hatching your girls and selection of the strongest genes from there.... anyways back on track... i went through the maxi cycles and said, there has to be something everyone is cracking up all these multi stage nutirents for and maybe that is what would get me the yield i had come to expect... long story short, 2 cycles of roots organic full line, 3 cycles of GH 1,2,3 later, and 2 cycles of AN full line later, i am back to maxibloom and every lockout issue, every deficiency, every problem my room was suffering from... is gone. i am by no means a big grower. i am a personal use legal patient that was in a over 100mph head on collision riding a motorcycle. im lucky to be here and thankful that this plant has kept me away from a path of narcotics and who knows what else...

thats my story... i thank all of you for the information given here in this thread and on this forum. this is the first actual forum that has more knowledge and people noble enough to admit they are new at this than claim to be 40 year veterans.

genEric64

Howdy ya'll!

Old guy here- been monkeying around with indoor gardening since '85. Things have come full-circle for me:

I started out back with dirt in grow bags in a kiddy pool and a loud buzzy (vibrating?) monster ballast with a 1kw MH under a parabolic reflector and thought I was high-tech. I guess I was back then. We used to back into the one and only hydro store in the state to hide our license plates back then. But i digress...

Worked my way through the gamut or growing techniques over the years and settled into running low pressure aero using 3.75" net pots full of lava rocks set into 6" square fenceposts under 600HPS & 600MH. 10 days in the aero cloner, 20-35 days vegging in a fencepost under mixed T-5s, then flipped under the big lights. Been running like clockwork for ages but guess what?

It got old. Or maybe I ghot old. And a little tired/lazy. Maybe even a little cranky :-D. Definitely tired of making the guy at the hydro store's mortgage payment for him. Even thoguh I have built 95% of my gear over the years I've still spent a fortune in pumps, air pumps, pots, mediiums, nutes, more nutes, potions and cure-alls, H2O2, bug killer, etc., ad nauseum as you all know the drill. Enough!

I wanted something simpler and easier and, well, something that would be fun again.

I've studied up and have made two MAJOR changes in my gardening techniques after careful testing* and consideration: I've switched to KISS using MB and tap (well) water and I unplugged the aero rigs and am now doing Hydro By Hand™ aka Hempy Buckets. Defnitely full-circle huh? From pumps and timers and bells and buzzers and blinky lights and dippers and blippers to quiet little non-fancy buckets and one bag of pink nute powder and a bottle of PH test fluid.

Keeping it simple and hempy in my old age. Great information, Great thread, GREAT bunch of folks here, tons of solid info from lots of grumpy old guys like me- i love it! Thank you! Just wanted to chime in, introduce myself a little, and thank ya'll for this fantastic thread that has honestly changed the way I grow and therefore changed the way I live. Ya'll made my life much simpler. Thanks to the innovators and the contributors one and all.

I'll try to let ya'll know as things progress.

Peace out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*My testing consisted of running Maxi Bloom at 7g/Gal on one each (huge sample huh?) indoor and outdoor Headband. The plan was to run them both start to finish and evaluate after harvest. It didn't take nearly that long to decide.

The fantastic growth of both plants in veg, the rock-solid ph stability of the nute, the perfect shade of green (not too dark not too light juuuuuust right!), uniform new growth, and the sheer simplicity as a whole convinced me that this is the "new" nute for me to go along with my "new" simple growing method/medium as mentioned above. I should have switched to this beautifully simple (but very effective) nute program years ago. Better late than never.