Hello all and get yourselves ready for this weeks recipe BBQ Ribs.
This recipe involves a slow cooker, if you don't already have one I strongly suggest you pick one up, they are about 30-60$ depending on how fancy they are, I bough mine cheap at WalMart.
Tons of easy to make recipes can be made in a crockpot/slowcooker, the type of recipes you dump ingredients in and come back hours later to something tasy and warm.
This following recipe can be made in the oven, just cook it at a very low setting like 250 deg for the same amount of hours, the sauce recipe is also good for making all kinds of BBQ meats like porkchops or chicken breast.
4 racks of pork baby back ribs
salt and pepper to taste
1 cups ketchup
1 cup chili sauce
1 cup of premixed BBQ sauce (optional)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Season ribs with salt and pepper.
3. Place in a shallow baking pan.
4. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
6. Place ribs in slow cooker or baking dish with a cover.
7. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.
8. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
These are some of the best ribs I have made at home, you can toiy with this recipe alot like using more or less hot sauce and things like liquid smoke and by varying the seasonings.