Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Karma Rado Biker + PUS Wedding Cake x White Widow 2021 Grow

Thread Title Search
Karma Rado Biker + PUS Wedding Cake x White Widow 2021 Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2020, 01:18 AM #1
woolybear

woolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to all
Karma Rado Biker + PUS Wedding Cake x White Widow 2021 Grow

Weed Journal 2021 - TEN YEARS ON ICMAG [with a gap or two]

Strains:
2x People Under the Stairs Wedding Cake x Black Widow Freebie [WCBW]
4x Karma Genetics Rado Biker [RB]

Medium:
Coco with perlite and rockwool pieces
Rooted in 1" rockwood cubes

Lights:
4x LED CXB3590 REALSTYLES Built myself via the tutorial link
18/6 light period

nutes:
Canna Coco
CalMag+

pest control:
Monterrey BT (fungus gnats)
Agromagen Growsafe (pm, spider mites)

Ordered from Real Gorilla Seeds, took 6 days to ship.

The WCWW grew uniformly from seed. The RBs had a wider range, with #4 taking eight days longer to show a taproot.

I did have some damping off issues, most notably with RB #3. It was due to the cold temps and lingering fungus gnats, with spread the damping off disease. All have recovered and have nice fuzzy white roots.

I used Monterrey BT to get the gnats under control from my previous grow. From Hammerhead, every watering rake/stir the top of the medium to damage eggs and keep the top dry, as fungus gnats are surface breeders.

Instead of hand watering I'm going to do a drain to waste system. I already have most of the equipment around (See my "1st Hydro - NFT Rock Star Kush 600w LED thread") so I just need to figure out if I need to buy a drain table, or go 'almost zero drain to waste' and use my cheap trays.

DTW should help my yields, and also take care of business for when I'm out of town.

It's also been a long time since I've dropped serious coin on a weed seed purchase ($90 USD for the rado biker) so I'm really looking forward to some nice buds in a few months.

Current situation:

I'll divide the plants into rounds based on size. Round 1 = both the WWxWC and R#1. All round ones have been topped once, and the main stem bent 85 degrees.

Round 2 = All the rest

Plant Notes:

BWxWC#1: Fantastic.
BWxWC#2: Also great. Everything I could hope for in a vegging plant, both have responded well to topping.

RB#1 Biggest of the lot. Big fat indica leaves.
RB#2 Weakest of the lot. Exhibited severe leaf clawing and poor root development. She's the canary in the coal mine - I watered with plain h2o and she recovered a bit. Since transplanting to the 16oz cup her roots have exploded
RB#3 Not that remarkable. Lowest side shoot growth
RB#4 The was the slowest to develop of the group, about a week slower, but has overtaken both #2 and #3 and is almost as big as #1

Overall the RB group was not doing well, so I decided to test the runoff. RB #1's runoff was over 900 ppm!

Well, dang! I did switch coco brands and I didn't flush. Just didn't come to mind. I flushed all 6 plants to the point where the runoff was under 200ppm.

Interesting how the BWxWCs loved the hot mix, while the RBs exhibited a range of reactions. You'll see the RB are still a bit neon green.

Here's the gang:

woolybear is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:05 PM #2
Coeus

Coeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really nice
and a front recliner for me
Coeus is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2021, 03:29 AM #3
woolybear

woolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to all
10 DAY LATER

I've determined the RB plants issue was lack of calmag, with the help of the icmag infirmary.

The thorough flushing definitely shocked them a bit. A few days after that I doubled my calmag from 2ml to 4ml, and the plants showed improvement.

Both WCxBW plants have healthy white roots coming out of the bottom of the pot. Others not as much, probably because i had them in the black tray instead of water dishes.

Almost tempted to put the WCxBW on top of a bucket and go coco/hydro combo!

13 DAYS LATER

Have a confirmed female, yay! WCxBW #1.

This one took really well to topping and training. I'll take cuts and should probably put her into flower soon, as her nodes are 2-3" long and have a feeling she's going to be a stretchy one. She's about 1.5" tall now.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:24 AM #4
woolybear

Both WCxBW are female!

I've moved three of the RadoBikers into the 2nd grow tent. The main tent now has both wedding cake x black widows, and the most vigorous radobiker.

I've also decided to mix up a separate nute solution for the WCxBW as they preferred the hot mix and are currently a bit light in leaf color. Going with about 30ml of nutes as opposed to 20ml for the other guys.

Old 01-15-2021, 03:48 AM #5
dramamine

dramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud ofdramamine has much to be proud of
Those WC x BW should be really interesting plants. Cool thread!

Old 01-16-2021, 11:00 PM #6
woolybear

day 45 from seed

Going to take 3 cuts each off the wc x bw. I've moved the rado bikers to the other tent, so both girls have plenty of room to stretch out.

Both girls took great to training, with all the stems forming a pretty even canopy. I've snipped a handful of fan leaves to ensure they get exposure to light. If a stem is shaded by a fan leaf, it usually won't go far.

Here they are:

This is the rado biker tent. Both the plants on the left are male. The bush on the bottom right is most likely female, which would be fantastic as she's clearly the most vigorous of the lot.

I'm probably going to compost both males, and switch the cake widows to 12/12 tomorrow.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:09 AM #8
bibi40

bibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivor
That' s a good grow here !!!

and i like how you documentate it
- Sweet seeds 7th competition ( Active ) : Killer Kush Auto
- Mars Hydro grow journal contest 2021 ( Active ) : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=379208
- HSO : Mango Sapphire (Still in progress)

bibi40 is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2021, 10:13 AM #9
woolybear

Thanks Bibi!

These reports are meant to be a resource for all. It's crazy to see my reports from ten years ago... if I didn't post them here, then their memory and knowledge would've been lost forever!

Particularly when it comes to plants without a lot of info available, posting the info about my experience with growing them, problems with nutes etc, should hopefully help people!

Including myself in 5 years! I hope ICMAG goes for another 10, 20 years! If nothing else, by then the hosting costs should be trivial. Heh

The plants have gone to sleep, so should I!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:26 AM #10
MallardDuck

MallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to allMallardDuck is a name known to all
Hi wooly,

Thanks for sharing your grow with us! I like the with notations on the pics you add, very slick. Looking forward to tagging along!
MallardDuck is offline Quote