Weed Journal 2021 - TEN YEARS ON ICMAG [with a gap or two]
2x People Under the Stairs Wedding Cake x Black Widow Freebie [WCBW]
4x Karma Genetics Rado Biker [RB]
Coco with perlite and rockwool pieces
Rooted in 1" rockwood cubes
4x LED CXB3590 REALSTYLES
Built myself via the tutorial link
18/6 light period
Monterrey BT (fungus gnats)
Agromagen Growsafe (pm, spider mites)
Ordered from Real Gorilla Seeds, took 6 days to ship.
The WCWW grew uniformly from seed. The RBs had a wider range, with #4 taking eight days longer to show a taproot.
I did have some damping off issues, most notably with RB #3. It was due to the cold temps and lingering fungus gnats, with spread the damping off disease. All have recovered and have nice fuzzy white roots.
I used Monterrey BT to get the gnats under control from my previous grow. From Hammerhead
, every watering rake/stir the top of the medium to damage eggs and keep the top dry, as fungus gnats are surface breeders.
Instead of hand watering I'm going to do a drain to waste system. I already have most of the equipment around (See my "1st Hydro - NFT Rock Star Kush 600w LED thread
") so I just need to figure out if I need to buy a drain table, or go 'almost zero drain to waste' and use my cheap trays.
DTW should help my yields, and also take care of business for when I'm out of town.
It's also been a long time since I've dropped serious coin on a weed seed purchase ($90 USD for the rado biker) so I'm really looking forward to some nice buds in a few months.
I'll divide the plants into rounds based on size. Round 1 = both the WWxWC and R#1. All round ones have been topped once, and the main stem bent 85 degrees.
Round 2 = All the rest
BWxWC#2: Also great. Everything I could hope for in a vegging plant, both have responded well to topping.
RB#1 Biggest of the lot. Big fat indica leaves.
RB#2 Weakest of the lot. Exhibited severe leaf clawing and poor root development. She's the canary in the coal mine - I watered with plain h2o and she recovered a bit. Since transplanting to the 16oz cup her roots have exploded
RB#3 Not that remarkable. Lowest side shoot growth
RB#4 The was the slowest to develop of the group, about a week slower, but has overtaken both #2 and #3 and is almost as big as #1
Overall the RB group was not doing well, so I decided to test the runoff. RB #1's runoff was over 900 ppm!
Well, dang! I did switch coco brands and I didn't flush. Just didn't come to mind. I flushed all 6 plants to the point where the runoff was under 200ppm.
Interesting how the BWxWCs loved the hot mix, while the RBs exhibited a range of reactions. You'll see the RB are still a bit neon green.
Here's the gang: