Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > El Tigre's MICRO MADNESS

Thread Title Search
El Tigre's MICRO MADNESS Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2020, 06:56 PM #1
El Tigre

El Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to all
El Tigre's MICRO MADNESS

Hello everyone! Most of you already know me because I've been around for a while. I decided to open a new thread, to unify those previously opened and to bring together all my micro activities in one place.
My hobby from the beginning has inevitably evolved. By now I know I can reach my self-sufficiency easily enough, I don't consume a lot. I run mostly auto flowering plants, because I found that it’s the best solution for my setup. I can run photo period dependent plants as well though. I find them a very good solution before or “during” some grow stops, like during holyday time etc.
I recently became interested in pollen chuncking and I'm starting with my first crosses now.
My setup is very basic, but it’s well tested and fits perfectly for my needs.
I'm currently using my classic LED / ZEN tent (40x40x120 cm) - powered by 62w of SIL lamps for flowering and vegetating no stop.

And my tiny box powered with a single Led bulb, that is for early vegetation, clones, reversing and pollen collecting. Internal dimensions: 30x20x40(h) - Usable space: 30x20x25 (h). There is a pc fan and an anti pollen filter for aeration.

El Tigre is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:57 PM #2
El Tigre

El Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to all
I want to mention a little trick that permits me to grow mostly no stop in my tent, I’m talking about my external carton box for drying buds.

Old 06-20-2020, 07:00 PM #3
El Tigre

Now, let see what I’m running at the moment.
Here’s my little SODK (Mephisto Genetics) and +Speed (Sweet Seeds) seedlings few weeks ago. On the background the Cream Mandarine (Sweet Seeds) of my last round. Her sister (that became her brother later) provided me my 1st pollen batch.

Later after repotting, when flower stage is at the right moment for pollinating the SODK. I want to see what comes out crossing her with Cream Mandarine. I’m quite excited because is my first pollination time. In the meantime I also took a cut from the SODK, for reverting and collecting some pollen.
Tent overview:

Old 06-20-2020, 07:01 PM #4
El Tigre

+ Speed

SODK

SODK cut

Last edited by El Tigre; 06-20-2020 at 08:03 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:08 PM #5
El Tigre

Well, it's time to lose my virginity
I moved the SODK to a different room, put a carton bag on the plant leaving outside the selected branch.

I applied the pollen with a tiny brush and put a paper little bag on it to prevent pollen to fly around. I sprayed the both plants with water and put the pollinated one back into the tent.

Last edited by El Tigre; 06-20-2020 at 08:02 PM..

Old 06-20-2020, 07:56 PM #6
El Tigre

I left the paper bag on the bud for 48h.
This is after 3 days, looks like that it worked, looking at the pistils.
I repot late this time and i stunted a bit the plants. Nothing too bad for me and my limited space.
I'm going to fill the empty space with a little experiment, a plant into a 2 liters plastic bottle. I popped a Zkittlez OG auto (Barney's farm).

Pollinated bud on the left :

Zkittlez OG seedling:

Old 06-20-2020, 07:58 PM #7
El Tigre

SODK cut is doing well and was moved to the tiny box.

Old 06-20-2020, 11:02 PM #8
noknees

noknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nice
in!
noknees is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 12:54 AM #9
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond reputeReikoX has a reputation beyond repute
ReikoX is online now Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 01:10 AM #10
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud of
Looking great! Nice to hear you're pollen chucking!
blynx is offline Quote