in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > MED GARDEN 101

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds
MED GARDEN 101 Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 05:19 AM #1
all messed up
Overgrow refugee

all messed up will become famous soon enoughall messed up will become famous soon enoughall messed up will become famous soon enough
MED GARDEN 101

Now that my grow classes in Oakland are on hold,any and all med garden questions should be asked here. I realize that there are gardening sections on ICMAG, but I want this to be a first step for the med community to pose questions and I will answer to the best of my ability and provide links to other parts of this website too. For those of us that never leave the med section, this will show us parts of this site we didn't know existed.
all messed up is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM #2
tiedye420
Gratefully Medicated

tiedye420 will become famous soon enoughtiedye420 will become famous soon enough
Hey scrappy.
I gotta bad jones for the breeders section, I seem to stay there so much I don't realize the site is huge and there's so much more out there...
I'll be happy to join you guys in the medical area, and well im battling cancer now so the shoe fits better anyways...
I haven't been to many med forums much since dr j passed on...Just couldn't do it anymore.... Thanks for getting me back in here ..I need to be here now.
I got a few goodies that need to join the community as well...Sweet little baby girls of course....
Ahhh I think i'm finally home. ( what reeks in here?)
tiedye
The rainman gave me two cures, and he said "jump right in", the first was texas medicine,and the second was railroad gin- but like a fool i mixed them; and it strangled up my mind.
Now people just get ugly, and I have no sense of time. (Bob Dylan)

My cat, rescued from a housefire...
https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/50...urt2-thumb.jpg

Tiedye420
tiedye420 is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 06:38 PM #3
Mr GreenJeans
Sat Cat

Mr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of lightMr GreenJeans is a glorious beacon of light
Best of luck and wishes to you tiedye420.
Secret to happiness #1 - Love the one you're with.
Secret to happiness #2 - Do not eat shit, it makes life stink.
Secret to happiness #3 - Grow a nice stash.

Flowering now!:

!Thanks to my friends! ...

Mr GreenJeans is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 06:44 PM #4
JDOG6000

JDOG6000 is a jewel in the roughJDOG6000 is a jewel in the roughJDOG6000 is a jewel in the roughJDOG6000 is a jewel in the roughJDOG6000 is a jewel in the roughJDOG6000 is a jewel in the roughJDOG6000 is a jewel in the rough
I'm with ya too guys.
I'm another lost breeder.
JDOG6000 is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 07:43 PM #5
all messed up
Overgrow refugee

all messed up will become famous soon enoughall messed up will become famous soon enoughall messed up will become famous soon enough
Surely you can't be lost with so much work to do.
There are many sick people out there who need hybrids not yet created.
Let's get to work. Someday we'll laugh about all this.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:56 AM #6
wescyber

wescyber is on a distinguished road
I gotta question. In your experience how many cycles of taking clones from clones do you have to go through before you start to see signs of "crowning" or other forms of genetic degredation?

-wes
wescyber is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescyber
I gotta question. In your experience how many cycles of taking clones from clones do you have to go through before you start to see signs of "crowning" or other forms of genetic degredation?

-wes
Trainwreck, and many others, have supposedly been around for over twenty years as clone only. It still seems awesome to me!!!

Sorry that doesn't really answer your question though

Old 02-20-2007, 02:18 AM #8
wescyber

wescyber is on a distinguished road
Trainwreck isnt clone only. It is however pheno specific. I'm not sure if anyone remembers myself and berzerker's talks about TW from OG but we have both been working with it for years. The B-man a little longer than I..lol.

-wes
wescyber is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 AM #9
SCF
Bong Smoking News Hound

SCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of lightSCF is a glorious beacon of light
i like the idea of talking about growing and grow styles. from all types of hydro or what works best and easy for a patient. To Organics.

Its great you guys are making great genetics. The genetic pull just gets stickier and stickier.... and the flavor

Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Leary
The universe is an intelligence test.

Quote:
In the information age, you don't teach philosophy as they did after feudalism. You perform it. If Aristotle were alive today he'd have a talk show.

Quote:
We are dealing with the best-educated generation in history. But they've got a brain dressed up with nowhere to go.
SCF is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 06:40 AM #10
all messed up
Overgrow refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescyber

-wes
I have found that clean grow rooms with new moms made every 90 days or so can produce viable clones for about 3-5 years. I have clones from clones that are now 12 years old and still going strong. This will create a flame war from those who choose seeds more frequently but If the plants are clean, well fed and free of pathogens they can go on quite awhile. I have noticed those who say 1-2 years max don't have clean grow rooms.

There are varieties of heirloom seedless grapes cloned for thousands of years in Iran. There are seedless citrus in asia that are in the hundreds of years by clone. There are rose varieties four hundred years old.

I think it's about being clean. Diseases will introduce deficiencies however. I think for the average grower, 3 or so years before problems arise. I will say my ten year old cut is still very vigorous.