Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Cannabis Business Network > Need help making a big decision

Thread Title Search
Need help making a big decision Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2020, 12:23 AM #1
MountainBudz
xXx~SkunkDaddyOutlaw~xXx

MountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud of
Need help making a big decision

So I seen my brother over the Holidays, he had come into town to visit with family for Christmas. During a family dinner he says he needs to talk and asks me to go outside with him. After a minute of random conversation, he asked me if I was still growing. I said of course, I'll never stop growing (thinking he was maybe looking for some bud). Keep in mind I am an outlaw grower, been growing for 17/18 years here in the bluegrass state and cannabis is definitely not legal in any form or fashion here in my state.

To my surprise, he asked me if I wanted to work for him? Work for you? How? You live 3 states away from me, I have a pretty large immediate family to raise and be with on a daily basis. So my first thought was maybe he was going to construct and install an underground grow operation here in my town, somewhere (we own a lot of land around here). He actually has investors and 2 other businesses partners and has purchased a 12,000 sq ft warehouse in his state, ready to get into the mmj business. He offered me to be a 'master grower' and salary pay, for now. Said he would pay me $4,000 a month starting out and that the whole operation was under my control. Basically they are going to run the financial and business part of it and he wants me to run the entire grow. Also that within 2 years we would be a million dollar business and that my pay would rise significantly up to 200/300k per year once we really took off...

Heres the deal, I have a large family, several kids and a wife at home. I have never worked out of town, period. I told him this and he says that I dont have to be there all of the time, that I could drive or fly in for a few days, come back home for a few days. Basically I can come and go as I please. But since he does not grow, he does not understand the consistency of it all... you have to be on top of things constantly and ready to handle any little issue or problem as it arises. He did say there would be a secondary guy there, also a grower that would handle things when I'm not around, so maybe that's how I can still be flexible with it all. He plans also to set it up exactly how i personally want it, whatever I want in there he has investors ready to buy everything that we need. He also wants the setup to be automated. But even with automation there is still need for attention and attendance to the grow quiet often.

This is actually a dream come true for me, I never thought I would have this opportunity as cannabis is my passion in life, second to my family. My brother knows that I can grow top notch flower, he has had it plenty of times when he was in town and said the medical out there just doesnt compare. I guess I was just born with this ability, in a sense I believe I was chosen for this lifestyle. I talked to my wife about it and suprisingly she was okay with the whole thing. But something inside of me does not want to leave my family and home so often. This is my opportunity though to get my foot in the door with ZERO investment. He also said that once my state becomes legalized that they would be the first to put in business here as well and at that time I would basically be at home all of the time. But maybe not if I don't take this offer.*

This is one of the hardest decisions I have ever been faced with... Its either I stay here and turn down his offer nicely and keep growing black market or get into the legal business of it all and sacrifice a lot of time with my family... I love doing what i do here too. Just wish he didnt live so far away from me. I'm hoping someone will run across this thread with some experience that relates to my situation, that can answer some of my questions about being a master grower and running such an operation. Would I be able to spend maybe half a month here at home or even 3 weeks and half a month or 1 week there working? Or will I basically have to be there all of the time? He said they are ready right now to start, all paper work is done, investors are on standby and all they are waiting on is me. He said I would have a couple weeks or so to decide what I wanted to do. I know this is life and sometimes life can be hard, but the doors this opportunity could open for me in this industry is basically endless.
MountainBudz is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:38 AM #2
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
Wow, first off congratulations and good luck whatever you decide. It does sound almost "too good to be true" right? Since you cannot be there 24/7 and there will be secondary person, I would be interested in meeting that person, if I was in your position. If it's somebody you see eye to eye with and are confident they can handle it in your absence, I guess it never hurts to try? But if it's somebody who you feel will undermine your decisions the second you are out of earshot, it might not work as well, right? So I really feel like that secondary matters a lot. Picard was the bomb, but he knew Riker had his back.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:41 AM #3
Ibechillin
Masochist Educator

Ibechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond repute
"Strike while the irons hot". Considering you had a close call doing the black market thing recently Id take it as a sign to come into the light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post
For almost 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality, not to escape from it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
Diffused light > Spectrum. Abundant overlapping cheap white led at moderate intensity over the entire growing area.
Playing around outdoors again 2018 & 2019 grows (2019 season started on post #75):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271

Science Of Lighting & Plant Reactions (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Pot Size, Root system and maximizing growth thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

Ibechillin is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:45 AM #4
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor
Take the opportunity, 44k a year is not bad really.
'Boogieman' is online now Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 12:50 AM #5
Sertaiz

Sertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud of
holy shit braddah!!!, your hard work, humility, and personal solidity has paid off. DEFINITELY do that especially if you have a good relationship with your brother. dont wait, that is awesome.
make sure your second in command is just that, second in command and you are gold. like you have firing capacity for him right off the start and a couple other guys that could replace him as needed like any other replaceable part and your gold. if he thinks his shit smells better than yours its hard.
congrats. and you would definitely have time for your family, he would do most things with you on speed dial all day. he can send pics of issues, etc. actual time on the farm would be low , even in startup. your gangster numero uno and can work with his hands as well as your own, and grow great herb. we wanna hear your success story. demand the quality. youll be known for it. cheers
Sertaiz is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 01:00 AM #6

.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor
You would definitely be someone I'd buy weed from. Straight up.

forum
noun
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

Tinnitus and IBS sufferer

Dots: Welcome to the Mind of a Maniac
The Haze Hybrid Thread
Dots gets high in an Iced Grapefruit Orchard
Dots does Pineapple Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post

i love my mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibi40 View Post
Just give it a try ,

you' ll see
.............. is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:02 AM #7
bibi40

bibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivor
Just give it a try ,

you' ll see

All the best .
- Sweet seeds 7th competition : coming soon ...

- HSO : Mango Sapphire (Still in progress)

bibi40 is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 04:31 AM #8
Beaucephus

Beaucephus is just really niceBeaucephus is just really niceBeaucephus is just really niceBeaucephus is just really niceBeaucephus is just really niceBeaucephus is just really niceBeaucephus is just really niceBeaucephus is just really nice
All depends on second guy as agent stated.
Beaucephus is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 04:35 AM #9
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivor
Working for family... strike one

Leaving the wife alone. Women don't like to be alone regardless of what they say. Don't worry, she'll find someone else to keep her company.... strike two.

Being away from the wife. You will stick your dick where it doesn't belong and you'll end up divorced and any money you make (or ever will make) will go to your ex-wife's boyfriend..... strike three.

Other than that, it sounds like a great idea. Good luck.

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:55 AM #10
art.spliff

art.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant future
Your brother may be saying whatever he can that you want to hear to make this happen. With that said I see a couple of key things here, positive signs. The way you describe your own history and ability to grow. From one person to another, who else talks like this? Do you think managers read essays like that and go around giving applause? Or more likely that you are one in a million, and nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine managers just ignores or tosses your essay? Key point number one you have growing experience. Key point number two stability of the relationship with your brother (in other words Trust) matters, I think that is the main thing to look for. A younger apprentice can work fine unsupervised with technical phone assistance as long as they are worthy in their skills and trustworthy.
art.spliff is online now Quote