You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > International Forums > Canada > LED LIGHTS

Thread Title Search
LED LIGHTS Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2020, 01:23 AM #11
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForgotten View Post
That's cool of you, i just saw a research documentary on blue light, apparrently it's not bad for you, it's very much like sunlight, which your body has become used to...
However, I am going to look into this further to see if that applies to LED's (I think it was based on video games, etc.).

Thanx dude....
Dude I would heed that info, if you spend any time in a room!

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:24 AM #12
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 01:25 AM #13
f-e

f-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetFlora View Post
With all the LED light information here Im surprised you would wind up with these. If you can, return them for credit. If not make damn sure you wear special glasses when you're in the room. All that blue light is very harmful to ones' eyes

Here's what appears to be a great light that is very inexpensive for what it is. I do not have any relation to them, nor do I have them. I have been using LEDs for 6+ years, bot BML (now Fluence) and Amare Technology, but if I needed any, I would definitely get these

hth

Spider Farm https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/p...hoCbbkQAvD_BwE
So many people are populating Quantum Boards with the lm301b and some 660s. Putting them on similar heatsinks with a Meanwell supply. Then marketing them at such different prices. It's hard to know which way to look. I sort of like how they have used a single IR led on each QB, but perhaps that's why the power is slightly down on the competitors at around 100w per board not 120w (the boards are 135w when populated with just Samsungs). LED isn't a great source of IR though, and our understanding of what we want isn't perfect. An incandescent lamp such as a halogen puts out a very broad spectrum of IR. Doing so better than they emit visible light. It's why we no longer use them for general duty around the home. You might want to think about them for Boosting the spectrum beyond 660 though. As 90% of their output is IR https://www.edn.com/extend-the-life-...al-management/
f-e is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:51 AM #14
Ibechillin
Masochist Educator

Ibechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond reputeIbechillin has a reputation beyond repute
Diffused light > Spectrum. Abundant overlapping cheap white led at moderate intensity over the entire growing area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
Guy, I have been testing coco for years, right out of the bag. It's all salty.

Suggest you drop the blind faith and use a bit of science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post
For almost 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality, not to escape from it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
Diffused light > Spectrum.
Science Of Lighting & Plant Reactions (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Pot Size, Root system and maximizing growth thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

Ibechillin is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 07:07 PM #15
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Too late to return the Vipars? Look into the differences spectrum makes on the physical and chemical structure of your cannabis plants. You'll find the viparspectra 900 spectrum to be rather poor for cannabis, compared to a great many others.

You may want to look at adding supplemental lighting, to reduce the leafiness, or at least look at what you'll want to purchase next. The Mars Hydro TS series of lights is more toward the spectrum I'd advise, with them also being on the inexpensive end for pricing.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 11:53 PM #16
Mr. J

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Last edited by Mr. J; 01-03-2020 at 12:23 AM..
Mr. J is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2020, 12:38 AM #17
TheForgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Too late to return the Vipars? Look into the differences spectrum makes on the physical and chemical structure of your cannabis plants. You'll find the viparspectra 900 spectrum to be rather poor for cannabis, compared to a great many others.

You may want to look at adding supplemental lighting, to reduce the leafiness, or at least look at what you'll want to purchase next. The Mars Hydro TS series of lights is more toward the spectrum I'd advise, with them also being on the inexpensive end for pricing.
First grow using LED's, so I'll use em, see what happens, then try 1/2 my setup with a different brand (after doing some reading as well) so i can form some personal opinions.
Imma check out the Mars online right now, thanx for taking the time to post this info, i appreciate it....

Old 01-03-2020, 01:08 AM #18
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForgotten View Post
I recently picked up a dozen Viparspectra v900's, they have a spectrum closer to sunlight than a lot of other brands, cheap on Amazon, free delivery, and holee-phuck are they bright....
I use 2 Viparspectra V450 and they indeed work well for my hobby grow. When they fail I will definitely go with a board that is passively cooled.
Ace Rothstein is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2020, 01:24 AM #19
TheForgotten

I wanna give out some 'likes' but can't, i'm guessing that comes with full features when you've been here long enough....

Old 01-03-2020, 01:40 AM #20
calisun

calisun is just really nicecalisun is just really nicecalisun is just really nicecalisun is just really nicecalisun is just really nicecalisun is just really nicecalisun is just really nicecalisun is just really nicecalisun is just really nice
I'm testing out the ONEO LED 1200 3500k leds samsung they said but I can't confirm that. it has some 660nm mixed in. It draws around 250w. And the Meizhi cree cob 60O. it has the cxa3070 cree led that's not quite as good as the cxb3590 but pretty close. It also has some smaller epistar leds of different nm's to fill out the highs and lows a little. It draws about 230watts.
So far i'm liking the ONEO a little better. It puts out more light and the plants look a little better under them but it is still early.
calisun is offline Quote