Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2018, 10:54 AM #3101
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Had .5g of 3 or 4 month cured Malawi last night and had the strangest, trippiest and best time. 20 hours later and still a little blissed.
Thats awesome my friend I used to think it was just me and I was going crazy ha ha.
Now i know its just that we are blessed.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:00 PM #3102
Mick

Mick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud of
You're not crazy mate, but if you are, then there's a few more crazies out this way, as most everyone has loved it, but most smoked it and not ate.
Last night I think I heard the rusty hinges of the doors to my heart creak open a little more Had some amazing experiences on cob. This stuff just takes you where you need to go.
Thanks again for putting this up.
Mick is online now Quote

Old 07-17-2018, 05:48 PM #3103
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
repuk Zam Malawi Cobs

Mick, that's so great to hear and the kind of experience we all seek! Did you smoke or ate it?

Zamldelica Cobs

After 30 days of curing, I unsealed them today to find them still pretty moist. All humidity traveled from maize husk to the cobbed buds.

It was obvious some sort of wax from the maize husk sealed the cob, as husks where perfectly adhered to the cobs. Looked like honey and vanished quickly.

Smell was brined vegetables at the beggining, slowly subduing to a sweet Mangoish fermented smell.

All pics are color balanced with a grey card. Greenish tone slowly seem to dissapear or turn orangeish with drying.

Let's recap, until now:

- Sweat phase: 3 cycles of heating to 60C then leaving residual heat 4 hour each.

- Fermentation: 8 days at daytemp (30C max)

Leave them drying until husk dry to the touch, then revac and leave

- Curing: 30 days at daytemp (30C max).

Unseal, let dry. (Current phase, been like 3 hours and they're pretty damp still, drying slowly at room temp, 20C)
repuk is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:06 PM #3104
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Hi brother those will slow dry nicely and as they age should bring out the taste and highs.
The color looks great treat them well and they should be superb from the photos.
Mick said he chewed 0.4g in his report.
Once yours are dry try 0.5g to get a feel for the effects then adjust up or down from there.
As they age you will need less and less to get off.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:15 AM #3105
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really nice
Quote:
You're not crazy mate, but if you are, then there's a few more crazies out this way, as most everyone has loved it, but most smoked it and not ate.
Last night I think I heard the rusty hinges of the doors to my heart creak open a little more Had some amazing experiences on cob. This stuff just takes you where you need to go.

As the other Mick once said, "You can't always get what you want, but you'll get what you need."

Amazing energy in the Cob, sometimes like MMDA where you can't sit still, other times like Ecstasy where you call up an old girl friend after 10 years and spend 2 hours talking to her. You got it right on when you mentioned the Heart......cob puts the mind on hold and lets the heart step out without fear.

Last edited by Drunken Buddha; 07-18-2018 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: ....
Drunken Buddha is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:21 AM #3106
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
As they age you will need less and less to get off.

I'm spoiled by McKush's MH7 cob. The Mange Rosa cobs I made are particularly clear, peaceful, and introspective......good for working all day. The MH7, shit, the tiniest piece now, like two match-head's worth, slow chewed until gone, is all I need to spend a nice day at work. A piece the size of a pea makes a day at work impossible because I can't put my thoughts into sentences to come out of my mouth. A chunk the size of two peas is a Tang Trip.....the kind you mention where you listen to music, on your back, for 3 hours before you consider going anywhere else.
Drunken Buddha is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 02:34 AM #3107
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Buddha View Post
As the other Mick once said, "You can't always get what you want, but you'll get what you need."

Amazing energy in the Cob, sometimes like MMDA where you can't sit still, other times like Ecstasy where you call up an old girl friend after 10 years and spend 2 hours talking to her. You got it right on when you mentioned the Heart......cob puts the mind on hold and lets the heart step out without fear.

View Image
You have such a way with words my friend I have always considered you to be like a brother i feel we understand each other.
Ha Ha I was still spaced from yesterdays dose now the GT is working its way through my veins i will be seeing Alice shortly f--k this world ha ha

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:18 AM #3108
Mick

Mick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by repuk View Post
Mick, that's so great to hear and the kind of experience we all seek! Did you smoke or ate it?

Zamldelica Cobs

After 30 days of curing, I unsealed them today to find them still pretty moist. All humidity traveled from maize husk to the cobbed buds.

It was obvious some sort of wax from the maize husk sealed the cob, as husks where perfectly adhered to the cobs. Looked like honey and vanished quickly.

Smell was brined vegetables at the beggining, slowly subduing to a sweet Mangoish fermented smell.

View Image

View Image

All pics are color balanced with a grey card. Greenish tone slowly seem to dissapear or turn orangeish with drying.

View Image

View Image

Let's recap, until now:

- Sweat phase: 3 cycles of heating to 60C then leaving residual heat 4 hour each.

- Fermentation: 8 days at daytemp (30C max)

Leave them drying until husk dry to the touch, then revac and leave

- Curing: 30 days at daytemp (30C max).

Unseal, let dry. (Current phase, been like 3 hours and they're pretty damp still, drying slowly at room temp, 20C)
Hey Repuk, I ate a little over .5g. A month or 2 ago this amount would of got me really stoned and discombobulated, but now it's super clear and trippy, all unicorns and rainbows
Beautiful cob pics mate.
I've been getting some strange smells too. I gave a mate some Z99 cob and he opened the bag and took a big sniff, then made some disparaging remarks about how it didn't smell like weed but more like overripe bananas. So he rolls a joint and after 3 or 4 puffs he's gone, staring out into who knows what, with the joint still between his fingers, and he stayed like that for a long time
Mick is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:35 AM #3109
Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Buddha View Post

View Image
Awesome pic.
Beautiful thoughts mate. Ayahuasca has the Little Doctors, but Cob has the Little Heart Pixies
Mick is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:29 AM #3110
Aged

Aged is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I gave a mate some Z99 cob and he opened the bag and took a big sniff, then made some disparaging remarks about how it didn't smell like weed but more like overripe bananas. So he rolls a joint and after 3 or 4 puffs he's gone, staring out into who knows what, with the joint still between his fingers, and he stayed like that for a long time

That sounds amazing!

Is Z99 a zamal x c99? faster flowering with sativa effects?
I check this thread everyday I love the methods people are playing with and the effects they're describing.
Aged is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.