Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Repuk 3d Take on Stealth Grow: Garden Shed

Thread Title Search
Repuk 3d Take on Stealth Grow: Garden Shed Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM #41
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
Girls are on week 6th to 7th. Krystallicas look lush green, and getting covered in trichs; Kalichakra and BtB are slower, and turned to a pale yellow, will post pics tomorrow.

Been thinking, won't deploy the COBs as there's no space to leave proper distance (a COB would require 30-40cm (12/16") to the canopy, whereas there's barely 30cm (12") from the top of the colas to the tent top. I already "cooked" them when used my HML at 20cm/8" which is one third of the power of the COBs.

Is maximum and actual power from each LED chip which dictates required distance to canopy, my HML has 10W LED chips. COB are 100W run at 35-40W each.

After seeing Terpene and Blynx success with E27 LED bulbs, I ordered 6 Philips 11W LED bulbs and E27 sockets plus some WAGO 5 cable connectors.

Impressive thread, that happens to showcase the kind of genetics I'm into.

Not sure about the exact LED chips specs on these 11W bulbs, guessing they are probably 3W each (not run at their maximum power), so 20cm/8" would be on the safe side, 15cm/6" pushing a little with regards to canopy distance I think.

Plan is to use the wires to hang E27 sockets, which will allow to hang and position the LED bulb directly on top of those colas in need (allowing 6" from canopy): for Kalichakra and BtB #2 for example. A plus: less wiring required, as each heatsink on each COB will require 12V wiring for the fans in addition to the COB driver wiring.

Last edited by repuk; 01-17-2018 at 06:15 PM..
repuk is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:29 PM #42
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
I built a LED bulb "octopus" using WAGO terminal blocks:

I happened to have WAGO terminal blocks for three and five cables, I love them! they're safe, robust, and incredibly convenient, available at amazon.

I used two 5 cables (222-415) and four 3 cables ones (222-413) as didn't want any of them to have a free cable slot (purchased 6 bulbs).

For those having to purchase the WAGO terminal blocks, a 7 bulb octopus can be built using 4x 5 cable WAGOs (no need to purchase the 3 cable ones).

WAGO are of great application here, as it allows me to hang a given socket on any spot, and easily disconnect (UNPLUGGED FROM MAINS!) it from the WAGO block, route the cables, then reconnect, no tools required.

Assembly

0.- Get familiar with WAGO terminals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PfN_wwkujQ

1.- Decide on main "cord" lenth (I used 2 meters) and each "leg" length, I used one meter. so I cut pieces of 2-wire power cable:

- 6x 1 meter (bulb leg)
- 1x 2 meter (main cord)
- 2x 15cm (wago interconnection)

2.- Strip off only 10mm / 0.4 inches of each wire end, there shouldn't be any exposed bare wire anywhere (see product video at step 0).

3.- Then follow the Wiring Diagram:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3912r.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	442730 Click image for larger version

Name:	6xLED_Octopus.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	442740

Last edited by repuk; 01-18-2018 at 06:51 PM..
repuk is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:16 PM #43
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

For those not wanting to purchase two different kinds of WAGO connectors, and build the a 7x Octopus using only 4x 5-way WAGOs (222-415) and 7 LED bulbs:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7xLED_Octopus.jpg
Views:	1191
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	442746
repuk is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2018, 07:08 PM #44
Bona Fortuna

Bona Fortuna has a spectacular aura aboutBona Fortuna has a spectacular aura aboutBona Fortuna has a spectacular aura aboutBona Fortuna has a spectacular aura aboutBona Fortuna has a spectacular aura about
This is brilliant!
Specs on the shed? I may have missed it if you explained previously.
The first post looks like it's a metal shed.
All in all, impressive.
Keep it up!
Bona Fortuna is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2018, 11:17 PM #45
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Thanks for passing by, Bona Fortuna!

Shed specs are on the first post

Truth is I'm very happy with the outcome, slowly dialing everything in.

Next step will be deploying the raspberry with mycodo as "shed controller", wanted to manually dial everything first.
repuk is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 05:34 AM #46
Bona Fortuna

Bona Fortuna has a spectacular aura aboutBona Fortuna has a spectacular aura aboutBona Fortuna has a spectacular aura aboutBona Fortuna has a spectacular aura aboutBona Fortuna has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by repuk View Post
Thanks for passing by, Bona Fortuna!

Shed specs are on the first post

Truth is I'm very happy with the outcome, slowly dialing everything in.

Next step will be deploying the raspberry with mycodo as "shed controller", wanted to manually dial everything first.
Just went back and did a more thorough looksee.
Metal shed. Gotcha.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:28 AM #47
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Never seen those WAGOs before in my life, what a great find repuk, a top bit of kit

Old 01-19-2018, 11:33 AM #48
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

@Bona Fortuna:
Yes, is metal sheet, thin as a can of coke I'm afraid...

Are you looking to setup something similar?

@ChaosCatalunya: me neither, was a recent find will never use anything else from now on! they're like 49cents each for the 5 cable, and 29 cents the 3 cable purchasing the 40 and 50 units boxes from Amazon.
repuk is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 02:37 PM #49
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

7th Week

Picture of the ladies (no LED bulbs yet):

Will make some budding shots soon.

Kalichakra (bottom left) and Beyond the Brain #2 (bottom center) are the slowest flowering of the bunch, but got lots of pale yellow fan leaves, not discernible in the picture.

BB #1 (middle right) suddenly became faster this last week, budsites already started swelling and are almost as developed as the Krystalicas.

Krystalicas are mostly green, though they're kind of "consuming" their fan leaves also, to a lesser extent.

Krystalica #1 (front left) started showing purple on top leaves, also has a distinct, noticeable aroma like strawberry cream.

Krystalica #2 (center middle) looks like will (hopefully!) become pheno C, main stem is less filled up than the others. #2 and #3 (front right) smell is sort of herbal/ chemical citrusy.

Ice Cool is below the circulating fan, really small plant, but got better in overall health and bud development on lastest two weeks, almost reaching the less developed Krystalicas.

I don't recall kalichakra consuming itself so fast, EC it's been around 1.4EC...

BtB and Kalichakra are starting to swell their buds, not sure if the yellowing is a defficiency, the consequence of being very close to the HPS (couple inches) or normal...

BLUMATS
Got the blumats dialed in to my taste finally.

I find the following procedure to be the most safe and reliable with coco:

1.- Water the pots until they barely drip runoff.
2.- Adjust the blumat so that it drips once per minute
3.- back it of 1/8 turn
4.- Monitor the girls 2 hours later, there's runoff?

Slight runoff is good, soaking the floor is not, as it isn't an absolutely dry floor either.

With this procedure you'll fall on the dry side posibly; if so, open the blumat 1/8 of turn.

If floor is soaking wet, close it 1/4 of turn. Recheck for runoff in two hours...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_3840.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	442847

Last edited by repuk; 01-19-2018 at 03:27 PM..
repuk is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2018, 12:07 AM #50
Bona Fortuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by repuk View Post
@Bona Fortuna:
Yes, is metal sheet, thin as a can of coke I'm afraid...

Are you looking to setup something similar?

@ChaosCatalunya: me neither, was a recent find will never use anything else from now on! they're like 49cents each for the 5 cable, and 29 cents the 3 cable purchasing the 40 and 50 units boxes from Amazon.
I'm setting up a wooden frame shed. First indoor grow after a life of outdoor growing.
I've really been wracking my brain to figure out how you are dealing with insulation issues.
I can't wait to see some ace sativas in your area.
Go figure, I was planning on growing zamaldelica and destroyer in my first runs. Haha

Best of luck!