Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Goats Grows Flood and Drain Coco - Purple Kush/Rainbow Jones

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Goats Grows Flood and Drain Coco - Purple Kush/Rainbow Jones Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2017, 10:44 AM #1
Goats

Goats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant future
Goats Grows Flood and Drain Coco - Purple Kush/Rainbow Jones

well hello again folks,

starting a new adventure and going to share it with you guys.

space - 4x4
lights 600w mh/hps
method - flood and drain
medium - coco
nutes - jacks 3:2:1

this will be my first time growing with a flood and drain system, so we'll see how things go.

it's been a rocky start, having lost 3/5 rj seeds, neglecting the clones for weeks at a time and getting thrips on everything. that combined with being busy with work and my partner and i both being in and out of town over the past month left things looking really haggard. we got everything out of the 'veg' area, which was really just a propagator with a t5 over it. i wasn't sure the plants would bounce back, but cannabis showed its resilience and after being sprayed a few times and moved into the tent under the mh, everyone is starting to look happy again. all the new growth is coming in looking healthy.

they were transplanted today and the seedlings were given their first real feeding, which was needed as the larger pheno was starting to show what i believe is an early n deficiency. going to give them a few days and then top them. i will also go in and clean up the pk clones as they're still a bit of a mess under the skirts, but i want them to recover from any possible transplant shock before i start hacking away.

group shot. front right is the rj1 and the back middle is the rj2. all of the rest are pk from clone. if you want to see a grow of the pk, check the link in my sig

rj1

rj2

Last edited by Goats; 10-15-2017 at 08:39 PM..
Goats is offline Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 06:19 PM #2
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
I'll follow along...
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Starkes Story: An LED Tale Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

browntrout's Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:14 AM #3
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Just realized you snuck this thread in on us! What made you switch from your DWC set up ? Seemed like you had it pretty dialed in. Looking forward to see how the coco stacks up to it.
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 05:20 PM #4
Goats

Goats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant futureGoats has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWaulie View Post
Just realized you snuck this thread in on us! What made you switch from your DWC set up ? Seemed like you had it pretty dialed in. Looking forward to see how the coco stacks up to it.
hey paulie,
i have grown dwc a bunch of runs now and i definitely still enjoy it, but flood and drain is something i've been meaning to try for a while now so going for it this round.

to be honest, it's not even actually functioning properly right now. the stand the table sits in was built from 2x4s, super simple. however, the legs are too short and the reservoir doesn't quite fit under it. stoned math while measuring going to cut some longer ones this weekend and get the pump running. currently the plants are just being lowered into the reservoir once/day to simulate being flooded.

i went in and really cleaned up the pk cuts and started training them outward. the rj seedlings have both been topped and everything is fully recovered from transplant/topping and growing happily.

hopefully we can flip in 3 weeks or so.

i'll have more pictures sometime this weekend i am sure.

Goats is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2017, 05:35 AM #5
thenewstyle

thenewstyle has a spectacular aura aboutthenewstyle has a spectacular aura aboutthenewstyle has a spectacular aura aboutthenewstyle has a spectacular aura about
yo goats!

ive seen some great results from the rainbow jones, sadly the one seed i had didnt germ otherwise id be growing her out too!
thenewstyle is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2017, 05:38 AM #6
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
I like the Rainbow Jones leaf structure. Whats the lineage on those?
mushroombrew is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2017, 08:31 PM #7
Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewstyle View Post
yo goats!

ive seen some great results from the rainbow jones, sadly the one seed i had didnt germ otherwise id be growing her out too!
newstyle, same here bud! after seeing a few grows i had to give it a go.

i should say, only having 2/5 seeds survive to seedlings is entirely our problem and nothing to do with connoisseur. they all popped and had tails in ~24 hrs (4/5 within 12 hrs). they were just rushed into rockwool and not properly cared for for too long.

excited to see what comes from these two though!
Goats is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2017, 08:42 PM #8
Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroombrew View Post
I like the Rainbow Jones leaf structure. Whats the lineage on those?
hey shroom. rainbow jones is gdp x casey jones.

thanks for coming by!
Goats is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 03:50 AM #9
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Oh snap! That thing must yield!!
mushroombrew is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2017, 05:11 AM #10
Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroombrew View Post
Oh snap! That thing must yield!!
here's hoping!

i like the look of the rj2. it took off after topping and the side branching is really strong. it's the bigger of the two now.

the rj1 has a poopy stem rub.

scrog going in soon.

anyways, boring veg picks

rj2

rj1

one of pk clone

Goats is offline Quote