Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > RECENT interesting findings

Thread Title Search
RECENT interesting findings Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2017, 12:24 PM #301
Illuminate

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
^^^sigged.
Illuminate is offline Quote

Old 03-23-2017, 11:49 AM #302
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I added #299 & 277 at the bottom. Just drop the DOI number into sci-hub.cc and find them all complete.
Enjoy!!!
-SamS

Introduction to the Special Issue on Cannabis
Dennis J. Gray, Robert C. Clarke & Robert N. Trigiano
Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences,
DOI: 10.1080/07352689.2016.1267492

Current and Future Needs and Applications for Cannabis
Dennis J. Gray, Hailie Baker, Kayla Clancy, Robert C. Clarke, Kymron
deCesare, John Fike, Matthew J. Gibbs, Franjo Grotenhermen, Nolan C. Kane,
Kyle G. Keepers, Donald P. Land, Ryan C. Lynch, J. Paul Mendieta, Mark
Merlin, Kirsten Müller-Vahl, Christopher S. Pauli, Brian J. Pearson, Bailey
Rhan, Travis C. Ruthenberg, C. J. Schwartz,
Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences
DOI: 10.1080/07352689.2017.1284529

Genetic and Genomic Tools for Cannabis sativa
Daniela Vergara, Halie Baker, Kayla Clancy, Kyle G. Keepers, J. Paul Mendieta, Christopher S. Pauli, Silas B. Tittes, Kristin H. White & Nolan C. Kane
DOI:10.1080/07352689.2016.1267496

Industrial Hemp: Renewed Opportunities for an Ancient Crop,
John Fike
DOI: 10.1080/07352689.2016.1257842

Medicinal Uses of Marijuana and Cannabinoids

Franjo Grotenhermen Dr. med. & Kirsten Müller-Vahl
DOI:10.1080/07352689.2016.1265360

The Derivation of Modern Cannabis Varieties
Bailey Rahn, Brian J. Pearson, Robert N. Trigiano & Dennis J. Gray
DOI:10.1080/07352689.2016.1273626

Cannabis Domestication, Breeding History, Present-day Genetic Diversity, and Future Prospects
Robert C. Clarke & Mark D. Merlin
Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences
Doi: 10.1080/07352689.2016.1267498

Genomic and Chemical Diversity in Cannabis
Ryan C. Lynch, Daniela Vergara, Silas Tittes, Kristin White, C. J. Schwartz, Matthew J. Gibbs, Travis C. Ruthenburg, Kymron deCesare, Donald P. Land, Nolan C. Kane
Doi: 10.1080/07352689.2016.1265363

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 03-25-2017 at 06:03 AM..
Sam_Skunkman is online now Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:20 AM #303
emeraldcityog

emeraldcityog will become famous soon enough
Holy shit, I didn't realize these were complete. Thank you!
emeraldcityog is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2017, 05:55 PM #304
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Characterizing the Smell of Marijuana by Odor Impact of Volatile Compounds: An Application of Simultaneous Chemical and Sensory Analysis
Somchai Rice, Jacek A. Koziel
doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0144160

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0144160

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:53 PM #305
Londinium

Londinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really niceLondinium is just really nice
Fascinating paper /\ thanks

IC 420 Cup 2017 Growers Cup-Mostly Sativa

1st place- "Ting" by Londinium

3rd place- "Chilton Lime's" by Londinium
Londinium is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:27 PM #306
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

I found pure THCV does not get me high. I did not like the effect of THCV/THC I find this similar to what happens with CBD/THC, it delays THC's onset, reduces peak experiences, and make the reduced effects last longer.
I look forward to many more studies with many more different Cannabinoids, we have a lot to learn. Medical uses of many different Cannabinoids is what I expect. For recreational, I do not want them, THC and terpenes are my goal.
-SamS

The effect of five day dosing with THCV on THC-induced cognitive, psychological and physiological effects in healthy male human volunteers: a placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover pilot trial.
Amir Englund, Zerrin Atakan, Aleksandra Kralj, Nigel Tunstall, Robin Murray and Paul Morrison
DOI: 10.1177/0269881115615104

Conclusion
In this small pilot study with healthy infrequent cannabis users, results indicate that the dose of 10mg oral THCV is well tolerated with no serious adverse reactions, and was subjectively not distinguishable from placebo. Furthermore, the lower dose of 1mg iv THC did not produce any significant short-term memory impairment, or psychotic or paranoid reactions. THCV significantly inhibited THC-induced impairment to delayed recall as well as THC-induced increase of heart rate. THCV on its own showed signs towards improved performance on the harder working-memory task, while also producing a slight increase in
anxiety. However, these effects were small and need to be further studied in a larger sample.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:36 PM #307
Gr33nSanta

Thanks Sam, but this article was too short! What about THCV being an appetitite suppressant ?

Just like CBD, the minute I heard the word THCV I became obsessed and had to grow it/ find it.

I dont have a lab to test, but 2 varieties I was growing at a time were known to be high in THCV, blue city diesel, and jack the ripper. It was around this time last year that I ordered Chupacabra which could also test high THCV.

So far I found that the female chupacabra I kept is very mild, which was contradictory to the first bit I read about THCV which was supposed to create the no ceiling high effects.

Anyway, if my chupacabra is indeed high in THCV, Id have to agree with you that it feels CBDish.

EDIT sorry I found the full article. I was googling the DOI instead of going to sci-hub.cc. got some reading to do now Cheers

Old 03-29-2017, 12:41 AM #308
numberguy

numberguy is on a distinguished road
If THCV and CBD delay onset, does THC alone cause instant onset or is there something else that can make it quicker?
numberguy is offline Quote

Old 03-29-2017, 06:17 AM #309
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberguy View Post
If THCV and CBD delay onset, does THC alone cause instant onset or is there something else that can make it quicker?
The right terpenes can.
-SamS

Old 03-30-2017, 05:08 AM #310
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to all
Identification of Terpenoid Chemotypes Among High (−)-trans-Δ9- Tetrahydrocannabinol-Producing Cannabis sativa L. Cultivars
Fischedick Justin T.
Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research. March 2017, 2(1): 34-47.
https://dx.doi.org/10.1089/can.2016.0040

Introduction: With laws changing around the world regarding the legal status of Cannabis sativa (cannabis) it is important to develop objective classification systems that help explain the chemical variation found among various cultivars. Currently cannabis cultivars are named using obscure and inconsistent nomenclature. Terpenoids, responsible for the aroma of cannabis, are a useful group of compounds for distinguishing cannabis cultivars with similar cannabinoid content.

Methods: In this study we analyzed terpenoid content of cannabis samples obtained from a single medical cannabis dispensary in California over the course of a year. Terpenoids were quantified by gas chromatography with flame ionization detection and peak identification was confirmed with gas chromatography mass spectrometry. Quantitative data from 16 major terpenoids were analyzed using hierarchical clustering analysis (HCA), principal component analysis (PCA), partial least squares discriminant analysis (PLS-DA), and orthogonal partial least squares discriminant analysis (OPLS-DA).

Results: A total of 233 samples representing 30 cultivars were used to develop a classification scheme based on quantitative data, HCA, PCA, and OPLS-DA. Initially cultivars were divided into five major groups, which were subdivided into 13 classes based on differences in terpenoid profile. Different classification models were compared with PLS-DA and found to perform best when many representative samples of a particular class were included.

Conclusion: A hierarchy of terpenoid chemotypes was observed in the data set. Some cultivars fit into distinct chemotypes, whereas others seemed to represent a continuum of chemotypes. This study has demonstrated an approach to classifying cannabis cultivars based on terpenoid profile.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote