Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > MentalBloX Test Grow

Thread Title Search
MentalBloX Test Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2016, 10:51 PM #11
Jahaze

Jahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of light
These should be very interesting. Can't wait to see the Blockhead contribution...wonder if they will show some color in flower. Subbed...
Jahaze is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:40 AM #12
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
All the pictures I ever saw of the straight Blockhead always looked a little leafy to me, I wonder if the mental floss will add it's high cylax to leaf ratio and bit more 'up' in the buzz.. I think for sure they're going to be stocky.

So will you be taking cuts wildgrow or is this a straight up seed grow?
Any noticeable smell during veg or just the normal?

Any favourites amongst them so far?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:53 AM #13
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
They will definitely be heavy producers.

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is online now Quote

Old 10-21-2016, 02:32 AM #14
knuckles

knuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of light
Hopefully the blockhead (male,males)brings a little more beef to mix...I liked the jack crosses don't get me wrong ,but overall found them to be average in their effects.I just cracked a couple of the bubba/blockheads crosses.
knuckles is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2016, 02:15 AM #15
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

wildgrow has disabled reputation
Big difference getting moved out of the test grow sub-forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaze View Post
These should be very interesting. Can't wait to see the Blockhead contribution...wonder if they will show some color in flower. Subbed...

I wouldn't be surprised. Hope it will be a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
All the pictures I ever saw of the straight Blockhead always looked a little leafy to me, I wonder if the mental floss will add it's high cylax to leaf ratio and bit more 'up' in the buzz.. I think for sure they're going to be stocky.

So will you be taking cuts wildgrow or is this a straight up seed grow?
Any noticeable smell during veg or just the normal?

Any favourites amongst them so far?

The shorter girls are pretty stout for my weak veg lighting.

Im not taking any cuts unless something really speaks to me.

One of the males had that acrid/skunkish afghan scent.

My favorite up until sexing was the 2nd one pictured in the big set of veg pics. Unfortunately that turned out male. Now I would have to say its a tie between the shortest (BH dom?) and one of the tallest (MF dom?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
They will definitely be heavy producers.

That's good news! Last cycle/season was not a stellar one. None of them have lengthy internodes and they all seem like they'll produce nice colas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles View Post
Hopefully the blockhead (male,males)brings a little more beef to mix...I liked the jack crosses don't get me wrong ,but overall found them to be average in their effects.I just cracked a couple of the bubba/blockheads crosses.

The jacks weren't great? Did you try Jack Pine? Ive got a pack.

Are those bubba/block crosses testers?

Ive up potted all the girls (5) to 2 g pots and put them back in veg on 16 hours until this weekend. All but one did not like being rootbound. Lower leaves and branches were dying off.
Ill get some pics when I get ready to move them.

Thanks for taking a peek folks.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...
wildgrow is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2016, 02:35 AM #16
Arthritis_sucks
The Dude

Arthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant future
These should be some colorful girls for sure. Digging the led light man, looks proper. I need to build me one yesterday lol.

Oahu Daze episode 1
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288836 Finished

Irie Tiki Farm 2017 Outdoor
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344729
Arthritis_sucks is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2016, 02:46 AM #17
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

Art! Thanks brother. Good to see you.

Im rather proud of it myself. Go check out Dions DIY threads for the skinny on it and ideas for your own. I think COBs with diodes are the future in grow lighting considering how efficiency standards are always getting pushed. 1st was the incandescent bulb and I don't think HID is far behind.

(Puts soapbox away)

Ive got a plant under it now. Its in no way a good indicator for how well the light does/doesn't work. It was in veg under the T8s for something like 6 months. Not a happy girl.

These MFxBH ladies should really swell under it.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Old 10-25-2016, 03:14 AM #18
knuckles

knuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of light
I only grew three of the jack crosses...the bubba (three females)the Conroy( one female)and the Medina( five females) The bubba was by far my favourite...No the blockhead x bubba cross are not testers...i liked the jack..just found the high kinda boring,in some of the crosses..I think that the blockhead crosses,will be heavier and definitely have different flavour profile..There is a thread about the jack on page 4 very informative...studen teacher goes into great detail,just like Jahaze does...Ya nice lights cobs rock!
knuckles is offline Quote

Old 10-26-2016, 03:49 AM #19
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

Forgive the pics, just watered. And its the 1st time with the DSLR - I let the cam do all the trickery.

Numbered from tallest to shortest.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:23 AM #20
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

63 Days - Just before moving to flower.

4 light sources including the flash and it was still too dark. I brightened the pics by 15-20%.

All the top growth is healthy now that they've been in 2 gals for a week or so. The rusty hue that can be seen on the upper leaves is just from the very warm, weak bulb above the plants.

The only 1 that I don't like is #3. #5 aint so hot either - unless she becomes a 2-liter - then I like her.

I know a lot of people don't like using early males, but the 1st to show hasn't been fed/watered or given any light to speak of for 3 weeks. Hes still praying and thriving - a survivor. I might just have to collect some pollen.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

3 members found this post helpful.