Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > VerdantGreen's 84W LED Cab. Single plant Organic ScrOG

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
VerdantGreen's 84W LED Cab. Single plant Organic ScrOG Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2016, 01:06 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
VerdantGreen's 84W LED Cab. Single plant Organic ScrOG

hi boys and girls , its been a while since i posted a grow diary, but i recently built another small LED cab and have just finished my first grow in it.

The cab is 18" square and 4' high, sited in an unheated garage, hidden in 'plain sight' - and this has presented a new set of requirements and problems.

you can see the size next to the 4 drawer filing cabinet, i keep a few sheets of stirling board/osb infront and some other stuff leaning on it and it kind of recedes into the general mess and clutter!

First off it needed to be as quiet as possible so as not to attract attention, which led to me needing a passively cooled LED light. The company i usually use doesn't make them so I searched around and found a unit made by a european company called 'leoLED' . they made a square unit that used mostly cree chips and looked ideal, rated at max 84watts but the grow and bloom spectrums could also be dialled up and down.

Also i needed quiet extraction that was not too high in capacity because i was going to have to heat the air before it was pulled into the cab. if the air is being pulled in too fast then it is impossible to heat it up enough. also a 4" inline fan is way too loud - so i made my own carbon filter and extractor using a high capacity computer fan, this is separate from the cab and sits on top in an innocent looking cardboard box. Air going into the cab is heated up by a few 40W 'pipe' heaters, one inside the cab and 2 in an open fronted box attached to the outside of the cab over the intake. with the air travelling through the cab fairly slowly this has been enough to warm the cab through winter where temps in the garage can drop to almost freezing. you can see these bottom right in the cab photo
filter, seems to work pretty well, i'll have to show you how it's made at some point, the grey plastic case is just to add stealth and deaden sound.

here is the cab open

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

Last edited by VerdantGreen; 05-07-2016 at 01:45 PM..
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:08 PM #2
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
this post reserved for more description on the cabinet and build when i get time!

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:14 PM #3
VerdantGreen
Mentor

the box is has 2 levels, flowering at the top where i am scrogging a single plant in a large pot that holds about 8 gallons. I used a Chem D for the first round.
soil is my recycled organic mix, and i re-amended it with dried garden comfrey and High N bat guano, both at just 1 gram pre litre of soil, and some compost at 5%. will talk about the soil more later, as we know that's what its all about!

below is a very height restricted veg/mum cab that uses 4 x 10W cob LED footlights. i am having to use sawn-off pots and some training to keep mums and veg plants in there but it is possible. i could have made the cab taller but i wanted it be discrete and the 4' height means it doesn't look huge in the garage. having the filter sitting on top means i can change that up without having to carve up the main box.
below:

Moving on to the flowering chamber, here is the only shot i have with the LED unit

we jump in to the first round at almost the end, but hopefully next round i'll be able to post pics of earlier in the cycle.
couple of pics taken at 8 weeks, like i said a chem D. Not the best training job ive ever done as i went away for the last week of the stretch - and it was too late to even it up when i got back, but still it is good enough to do the job and the canopy is pretty full of buds.

8 weeks, starting to fade out which is fine by me!

nug

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Last edited by VerdantGreen; 05-07-2016 at 01:47 PM..

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:20 PM #4
VerdantGreen
Mentor

the plant was harvested yesterday at around 10 weeks. The buds seem a GOOD size for 84W of LED... i would be happy with these if they had been grown with a 250w Hps

lights on:

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 05-07-2016, 01:23 PM #5
VerdantGreen
Mentor

more nugs

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:27 PM #6
VerdantGreen
Mentor

here is the screen from above after being taken out to harvest, some of the side buds have flopped out a bit

here is the harvest minus the popcorn: looks pretty healthy to me

couple of the bigger nugs

still some tweaking needed and room for improvement but im very pleased with this for a first go.

enjoy,

VG

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 05-07-2016, 02:12 PM #7
blue_tick

VG

very impressive with the small cab. . the flowers look on point. can't imagine what could be with the little change's you speak of.

would like to hear more on the soil mix you have

peace

Old 05-07-2016, 02:17 PM #8
Bobbo4200

Bobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant future
Looking good Verdant! Did you know you were the first I saw on here, ICmag-and your skills are still amazing!

Connoissuer Genetics Test Grow of OGs1 x GSC, done.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=293971

Connoissuer Genetics SSSDH, on going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=281698

Connoissuer Genetics Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem, on going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=313723

Connoissuer Genetics SD x Casey Jones x OG Chem, done.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312851

Ace Seeds Malawi, Golden Tiger.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=322077
Bobbo4200 is offline Quote

Old 05-07-2016, 02:40 PM #9
HereIgrowagain

HereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really niceHereIgrowagain is just really nice
Very impressive.
HereIgrowagain is offline Quote

Old 05-07-2016, 04:00 PM #10
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond repute
you're always pulling beautiful flowers out of the nooks and crannies.

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.