Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Test Grows > Earthman Technologies Testing - Purple Gummer - Kalyx

Thread Title Search
Earthman Technologies Testing - Purple Gummer - Kalyx Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 11:06 PM #1
Kalyx

Kalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to all
Kalyx has completed 4 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Earthman Technologies Testing - Purple Gummer - Kalyx

Hello All!

I received my test beans in the mail on Wed 7/9.

Thank you fatherearth2011 and Clarence for making this happen.

I plan on germinating beans this coming weekend as long as things stick to plan, if not they will be started with in the week.

For this grow I will be testing out and popping 5x Purple Gummer.
The following cycle will be testing out the HPV2.

Seeds will be germinated in a shot glass with water.
Plants will be grown in an organic soil mix, so far having great results with Roots Greenfield mix with added perlite, vermiculite and earthworm castings, so will continue that mix with these plants.

Will look to update and provide some pics by the end of the weekend.

Kalyx's - SkunkVA x Snow Lotus and Wish Mountain
Kalyx's - Karma's OG - Karma Genetics
Kalyx's - Fire Cookies and Elmer's Glue
Kalyx's - 2014 Fall Grow (Complete)
Kalyx's - Earthman Technologies Test Grow - Purple Gummer (Complete)
Kalyx's - 2014 Summer Grow (Complete)
Kalyx's - Goji OG Summer Newbie Grow Contest (Complete)
Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2014, 05:05 AM #2
Kalyx

Kalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to all
The Test has officially begun!

7/13 dropped all 5x Purple Gummer into water to start germination.

Will be posting more updates when they go into soil and more pictures when the seedlings break ground.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2014, 06:28 AM #3
Kalyx

7/14 Update

5/5 Purple Gummer dropped in less than 24 hours.

I had to run to the store and purchase soil after work today because I had thrown out my seedling mix after having bad results.
Went to a new shop that was closer than my normal shop that was closed when I got off work. I was going to continue using Roots Organics Greenfields with some of my own additions for this grow. The new shop didn't carry Roots so I went with my tried and true friend of many years FoxFarm Ocean Forrest. Using FFOF has been my favorite soil mix, with my other grow I started using Roots cause my normal shop no longer carries FFOF. Thus far I have been impressed with Roots, I feel it might be little hot for younger plants though.

So this grow will be FFOF, I'm very happy with this change it's a brand I know well and have had great results.

5x Purple Gummer planted in solo cups 7/14.

More updates coming once they have all broken ground.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 07-23-2014, 04:47 AM #4
Kalyx

Update 7/20

On 7/20 4 of 5 Purple Gummers had broken ground.

One of them still had the outside of the shell stuck to it which was carefully removed, the seedling seemed unaffected.

As of 7/22 there is still one Purple Gummer that has yet to break the surface, I do fear that it may not make it. I will continue watering and hope its just a late riser.

7/20 is what I will consider Day 1.

More updates coming next week.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 AM #5
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
Hi Kalyx,

Looks like a good start! I am interested in seeing these purplegummer plants grow out, just germed my 5 testers.

I'll check back and see how its going, and hopefully we both have some interesting phenos!

Good luck!
Cheers!
Les
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2014, 05:09 AM #6
Kalyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Hi Kalyx,

Looks like a good start! I am interested in seeing these purplegummer plants grow out, just germed my 5 testers.

I'll check back and see how its going, and hopefully we both have some interesting phenos!

Good luck!
Cheers!
Les
Thanks Lester Beans!

I will sub to your thread very interested in these and to see what you come up with as well.
We will have to do some conferring with each other in coming months in regards to the phenos we have.

UPDATE DAY 3

Well I'm very happy to announce that the 5th and final gummer has broken ground just took it 9 days. Still had part of the shell attached to it, surgery was successfully performed so it should survive.

Don't have any pictures but will update over the weekend.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 04:37 AM #7
Kalyx

UPDATE 7/27 - DAY 7

Have 5/5 Purple Gummers above ground now, the late popper is a little stunted right now. Im hoping it will pull through, was very late to pop above the ground and has yet to really get moving.

The 4 other gummers are all doing well growing second sets of leaves now.

You can see the runt here is a little behind has some yellowing on leaves. looks like new leaf set is growing hoping it picks up some vigor.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2014, 07:51 AM #8
Kalyx

Update 8/3 - Day 14

Sadly bad luck struck my grow this week, It seems many of us have suffered some set backs to start these test grows.

Had a technical problem this week with equipment causing the fan to go out.
Happened on a very muggy day when no a/c was on, the heat was rather high in the grow area.
The seedlings are under a T5 light but it got hot enough to stress the plants and to fry one of the Purple Gummers.

I was hoping that it might be saved and come around but it was a lost cause.

Now we are looking at 4/5 Purple Gummers left, these are all looking healthy and happy.

There are 4 differnt phenos 2 of them appear to be faster and bigger, the other 2 are not moving along as fast, they all look different at this point.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2014, 02:10 AM #9
Kalyx

Update 8/17 - Day 28

Well I thought I had, posted an update last week but appears I forgot to submit that entry.

Well with the previous update I had technical issues with a fan going out that had caused me to lose one of the Purple Gummers. Over the past 2 weeks some more issues have arose.

Still sitting with 4x Purple Gummers, so luckily I haven't lost anymore. I have had some serious PH issues with the water I have been using. Bad timing on my part and being very busy I was not able to fix this issue before damage was done.

The PH of the water I was using was measuring in at over a PH of 8, this had caused some issues with some of my plants in flowering. The hardest hit were my seedlings though, one positive out of this is that the Purple Gummers proved to be more resilient than the other seedlings I have running. All though they have suffered plenty they look much better than the other seedlings.

The PH has been fixed with water and started giving them Fox Farm Kangaroots root drench and Microbe brew with their waterings to help heal and restore their roots. They have responded to this well and are much happier now receiving water with the proper PH. Their growth had been stunted and nearly stopped for a week, but has since picked up. Appears all 4 are on the road to recovery now, have just been slowed down a bit.

Looks like over-watering but thats not the case these 2 pictures were about 5 days apart. You can really see how much their growth had been stunted.

I had also given them a top layer of sand, have had a lot of rain and humid weather lately the just seems to keep bringing pest in the house. I decided to put sand down to protect them from any pest that want to give them a hard time. I figured these poor babies have been through enough as is and didn't anymore issues being added to the list.

Hoping by next week they will be fully recovered and back on track. More updates coming next week.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2014, 11:25 PM #10
Kalyx

Update - Day 35

I am very happy to be able to bring a good update this week with the Purple Gummers. These poor babies have been through a lot so far but the PH problem has been fixed. They have also been receiving Fox Farm Kangaroots and Microbe Brew with there waterings as mentioned last week. Their growth had been stunted but fixing the PH and adding the root drench and micro nutes has really helped them get healthy and back on track. The growth on these babies has really exploded over the past week, its evident they are much happier and healthier.

They do still show some of the damage that was done to them, one of them is a little slower to recover. Very happy to see them no longer stunted in growth and their vigor returning to the game.

These babies are showing me 2 different phenos. 2 of them have wider leafs and are more compact, they seem to be a little more resilient. The other 2 look more Sativa in appearance with long thinner leafs and seem to be a little more sensitive.

Sorry for the lighting in the first 2 picutures, the light is adding that yellow tinge to the plants. The plant in the front or right side is one of the fatter leaf phenos, with the other being a more Sativa looking pheno.

Much easier in these next 2 pictures to distinguish the different phenos. The Sativa one is in the front or right side and the more Indica looking one in the back. The plant in the front is the one taking a little longer to fully recover.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote