Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Flower Photos > Dried and Cured Buds and Stash > Kalyx's Nug Jug - Show of your headies!

Thread Title Search
Kalyx's Nug Jug - Show of your headies! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2014, 11:55 PM #11
Kalyx

Kalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to all
Kalyx has completed 4 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Strawberry Cough - Seed and Clone (grown by a friend usually grows by seed will see whose gear it is.)

So was able to do a little research, this batch was grown from seed problem is he doesn't know which company they were from. He does usually buy dutch genetics so would assume Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough but thats only an assumption. These are fairly dense, tight nugs that take a little bit of effort to break apart. These were dried properly and manicured fairly well, lacking a cure though. This batch had also gotten beat up pretty bad by the time it made it to my hands, this is what happens when storing your nuggets in plastic bags, thats a big no in my book. Usually my friend takes much better care of his nugs and stores them in the curing jars, sadly didn't happen with this batch. I know this poor handling of the flowers and lack of a cure negatively effected the final product.

Before breaking apart you are given a very pleasant strawberry fruity fragrance with a hint of skunk. Once broken apart you are given strong aroma of; strawberries, fruit, earth and skunk. The smoke on this one is thick, a bit hot and a little harsh initially, although not horrible. I'm guessing this is were the "cough" part of the name comes in. Being from Colorado and used to smoking the Cough an amazing local haze variety since the late 90's. Any batch I get of Strawberry Cough leaves me a little disappointed with the lack of the haze influence, thats only an association with the name cough. Back on topic, these flowers have a very pleasant flavor, it comes in very earthy and skunky with subtle hints of strawberry. Its interesting in that, the flavor you get on this one is nearly the opposite of the smell, where the strawberry is dominate, but in flavor the earthy tones take the lead.

The high on this one seems to be very balanced between sativa/indica leaning a little more on the sativa side of the spectrum. You feel it in the head initially good for creativity or a conversation, then the indica side is felt relaxing the body. This is by no means a couch lock variety, could be great for completing the afternoons errands. Smoking too much of this or all day long and will be hard to avoid a nap late in the day. Overall a decent smoke, has a nice hybrid high, lovely smell, pleasant taste, with decent potency. I don't usually put grades on bud but with this one I would have to give it a solid "B" overall, its by no means fire or anything insanely special but is a very enjoyable smoke.

If anyone has any info, pics or experiences with this strain any input is welcome.

Kalyx's - SkunkVA x Snow Lotus and Wish Mountain
Kalyx's - Karma's OG - Karma Genetics
Kalyx's - Fire Cookies and Elmer's Glue
Kalyx's - 2014 Fall Grow (Complete)
Kalyx's - Earthman Technologies Test Grow - Purple Gummer (Complete)
Kalyx's - 2014 Summer Grow (Complete)
Kalyx's - Goji OG Summer Newbie Grow Contest (Complete)
Kalyx's - Nug Jug

Last edited by Kalyx; 06-30-2014 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: updating report.
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2014, 12:27 AM #12
Kalyx

Kalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to allKalyx is a name known to all
LA Kush - Clone Only

Don't really know much about the history with this one, have heard a few different things. Just another lesser know OG cut, s1 of an OG. I would lean to it being another cut rather than an s1 but only speculation. This is probably my favorite of the OG cuts atleast up there. She can hold up with, Tahoe, Raskal, Larry, Ghost, HA, and Triangle in my opinion.

This batch was impressive, upon break up the calyx just fall apart, intense pinesol earthy aroma fills the room. Fingers will be left crusted with sticky oils, the smell is just intoxicating. Batch was flushed and dried well, good cure but could have gone a little longer, just finishing it up in my jar. Dense nuggets that break up and smoke very well. It's a smooth smoke but expands in the lungs, I get smokey earthy tones on the inhale. Exhale is a pure og bliss of lemon pinesol to the extreme. The flavor blankets your tongue and hangs out there for sometime, would smoke this for flavor alone. The high with this is no slouch either strong and powerful does the trick every time, probably to strong for lightweights. The high is strong and relaxing the best of both worlds in my opinion with no burnout. Probably not the best wake n bake variety but can be smoked in reasonable doses through the day without any couch lock or need for a nap.

I know of a couple people that grow this as well as shops in my area that sell the flowers. It has won some awards whatever that means, probably nothing. I have had numerous batches and never a bad one. Have had it side by side with batches of tahoe, ghost and triangle at different times, this one was either on equal ground or the jar I would grab first. Excellent smoke overall would put a smile on any stoners face. Is it the holy grail, hell no, but its a great og cut.

If anyone has any info, pics or experiences with this strain any input is welcome.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug

Last edited by Kalyx; 06-18-2014 at 07:51 AM..
Kalyx is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:39 AM #13
Kalyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1 View Post
That kosher looks delicious.

It has excellent flavor, high and bag appeal. It smells great but not very strong even when breaking up the nugs. That aspect is a little disappointing, but in terms of odor control its excellent. What really matters is flavor and high, its got both of those. My buddy grew her, his first run with the Kosher and he really knocked it out of the park.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2014, 06:08 AM #14
RandomMan
I Build Things

RandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really nice
RandomMan has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Subbed... Badass thread already.

=]
RandomMan is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2014, 11:33 AM #15
Croptober

Croptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant futureCroptober has a brilliant future
XXX OG

Your bud looks killer
Croptober is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:41 AM #16
Kalyx

Thanks for the share Croptober! that XXX OG looks like some serious fire.

Will keep the OG train rolling here shortly. Got some new buds this week will be posting pics of; Triangle, Tahoe OG, HA OG and Delahaze.

I have completed the smoke reports for; Death-Star, ChemD x Sour Diesel, Chem 4 and Strawberry Cough. Just need to get those updated on the thread.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:38 PM #17
RandomMan
I Build Things

RandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really nice
RandomMan has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Curious about your report for Strawberry Cough.

A dear friend gifted some to me and my wife on our honeymoon and it was the worst of 4 gifted. Not even a comparison to the others and a complete let down. We were actually in Denver and I'm sure it came from a dispensary in the northern part of town.

I'd heard about Strawberry Cough for quite some time so this was a big disappointment to say the least.
RandomMan is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2014, 06:04 PM #18
Kalyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomMan View Post
Curious about your report for Strawberry Cough.

A dear friend gifted some to me and my wife on our honeymoon and it was the worst of 4 gifted. Not even a comparison to the others and a complete let down. We were actually in Denver and I'm sure it came from a dispensary in the northern part of town.

I'd heard about Strawberry Cough for quite some time so this was a big disappointment to say the least.
Ya no problem will get that up shortly. It is an ok smoke nothing horrible but could always be better. It does have a very nice strawberry aroma and flavor that is pleasant. Now one of my roomates actually scored some Strawberry Cough that is completely different from mine, no comparison. I will see If I can get some picks of those nugs up also there were some big chunkers in his sack.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 AM #19
Kalyx

HA OG - Clone Only (Hells Angel OG cut)

smoke report update coming soon.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote

Old 06-30-2014, 07:27 AM #20
Kalyx

Delahaze - Paradise Seeds (Mostly Sativa)

Smoke report update coming soon.

Kalyx's - Nug Jug
Kalyx is offline Quote