Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > the lonely 55w vertical pl-l.

Thread Title Search
the lonely 55w vertical pl-l. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2013, 11:04 PM #1
Garuda

Garuda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really nice
Lightbulb the lonely 55w vertical pl-l.

Hi folks,
I recently built a new cab running a single 55w pl-l bulb and couldn't resist posting it here

On top of this cab ist a vertical 36w veg chamber, pics will soon follow
The cab is 30x40x70cm (depthxwidthxheigth) and vented with a "real" venting solution.
Current plants in the cab: 2x Fart of the gods (Original Hazex(DoubleFunxDoubleDutch)), Pakistan Valley, Afgan Kush, Santa Maria F8, Oldtimers Haze, C99.
Its a perpetual SOG since I love it this way .

Greetings,
Garuda.
Garuda is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 PM #2
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
Tagged!

hush's hidey hole

hush is online now Quote

Old 08-10-2013, 11:21 PM #3
Chloemobile

Chloemobile has a spectacular aura aboutChloemobile has a spectacular aura aboutChloemobile has a spectacular aura aboutChloemobile has a spectacular aura aboutChloemobile has a spectacular aura about
i always hang my vert PLL's top down but some people put them bottom up...Water + electricity is never a good thing to me!

13'' x 11'' LED Cab (Current)

11"x11" LED Cab Adventures (Complete)

11"x11" Vert Pll Organic (Complete)

1.5 sqft cfl cab round 2 Wappa in organic soil(Complete/Aborted)

1.5 sqft CFL Grow Cabinet 2L Hempy - Wappa(Complete)
Chloemobile is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:52 PM #4
Garuda

Garuda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really niceGaruda is just really nice
You are absolutely right chloemobile I think I took care of almost all issues now and I think it would survive the worst case: a water tank runs empy.
The lamps are sitting on top of a cube almost as high as a 16oz beercup. It serves as a air distributor / diffusor. I'll take pictures of the empty cab next time I have to get the ladies out of the box

ps. heres a 3d view, now accurate

Greetz,
Garuda.
Garuda is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:35 AM #5
Natural_Mystic

Natural_Mystic is on a distinguished road
Looks good ! Keep it up.
Natural_Mystic is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2013, 09:12 PM #6
Garuda

Thanks

(Fart of the gods)

(The promised picture showing the basement of the lamps)

Garuda is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:35 PM #7
ceylon

ceylon is a jewel in the roughceylon is a jewel in the roughceylon is a jewel in the roughceylon is a jewel in the roughceylon is a jewel in the roughceylon is a jewel in the rough
hey garuda, nice as always.
love your downsize this project, and this looking even better.
if it's safe and ok for you, i would love to see a pic of the whole box.
do you already have an average yield?
ceylon is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2013, 10:57 PM #8
Garuda

Thanks ceylon,
this is the first run of this cab so no statistics yet I'll post a pic of the whole thing next time
The dry-weight of the two Fart of the gods could reach 10gr/plant

Greetz,
Garuda.
Garuda is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2013, 03:57 AM #9
Chloemobile

Chloemobile has a spectacular aura aboutChloemobile has a spectacular aura aboutChloemobile has a spectacular aura aboutChloemobile has a spectacular aura aboutChloemobile has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
You are absolutely right chloemobile I think I took care of almost all issues now and I think it would survive the worst case: a water tank runs empy.
The lamps are sitting on top of a cube almost as high as a 16oz beercup. It serves as a air distributor / diffusor. I'll take pictures of the empty cab next time I have to get the ladies out of the box

ps. heres a 3d view, not accurate though since I put my water reservoirs left of the whole cab resulting in more space for the inhabitants

View Image

Greetz,
Garuda.

I See now. I should have known that you would have more foresight than that! Very nice and tidy build though - i like the way you did that for the light it makes sense to put it right over an intake since even if you were to hang them vertical you couldnt put anything under it.Its like killing two birds with one stone- i will definitely incorporate this into my next build! because mine takes up some of the square footage on the floor( a 1 inch x 11inch slit). I can still put plants over it but i like your idea better. . very interested to see how the 1x 55 works out! From my experience 10G will be tough but i hope you can do it and i can blame my results on shitty gardening :P. Ive been running 2X55 vert and and could get around 10 in 3/4 liter( 2 liter trimmed down a little less than halfway) with soil. But I didn't have blu mats either so i like the change in variables here to compare. I Like growing with Vert Pll's too and it would be easy to make some nice small stealthy sog cabs if you could do it with 1 and pull 10 g a plant! Plants always get a ton of crispy fans where they touch but the plants really dont seem to care at all.

I moved on to LED now in my 11x11 cab and the density just blows pll out of the water, the rate of growth, aroma, resin production -everything. I was a huge LED skeptic - you can read about it in Trem0lo's pc thread..and now i am "spreading the gospel" lol

just a thought...55w plus a small fan... i wonder if you could power that off of solar..and with the blue mats..the energy free auto watered grow.

keep up the good work!

EDIT: Do you have a good 3d rendering of the bottom of the cab? interested to see how you louvered it for light trapping..hard to tell exactly from the picture.

13'' x 11'' LED Cab (Current)

11"x11" LED Cab Adventures (Complete)

11"x11" Vert Pll Organic (Complete)

1.5 sqft cfl cab round 2 Wappa in organic soil(Complete/Aborted)

1.5 sqft CFL Grow Cabinet 2L Hempy - Wappa(Complete)
Chloemobile is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2013, 10:58 AM #10
Garuda

the whole cab:

for Chloemobile:
The lighttrap how it is now and then how it should be may be someday I'll fix it...

Garuda is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.